Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    My wife this morning tells me that there are so many killings going on that she sees in the news. I told her to go careful specially with the children. I know things are basically focussed on the drug users and pushers, but the problem is that it does appear to be 'open season' for vigilante groups.

What DU30 has done in the past will of course come up and bite him, but there will always be people trying to topple him, it happens here in the UK too in politics.

I also drew similarities to Marcos, and I really hope this power he has does not corrupt him, time will tell.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

"Duterte was the first government official to visit Tacloban after Yolanda"

25 things you didn't know about Rodrigo Duterte.

http://www.filipiknow.net/rodrigo-duterte/

Click on the link LondonManila, it's a good read

"These are serious allegations and we take them seriously, we will look into them," said US State Department deputy spokesperson Mark Toner.

"These are obviously serious fabricated allegations and we take them as a comedy, we laugh at them," said manong, Driver ng tricycle at manang Inday in the sari sari sa Divisoria.

I used to be a big fan of Mr DU30
    Recently he has demonstrated that he's not yet reached the level of statesman.

However all this nonsense in the press is, IMHO, just media hype and tsismis.

These issues are the subject of discussion and investigation daily.
    The latest disclosures by some low level gun-for-hire simpleton are a complete nonsense.
    Who put him up to this is a question.

Why nobody cares to comment on the unravelling corruption, mass murder, drugs fuelled business of politicians, police and drugs lords ?

It does make me feel what may I be walking into when we make the move, ok that's not yet and it could be in a years time or even longer.
    My biggest fear would be someone thinking we are rich and claiming we are doing something bad.
    Where even we call home we must feel safe,

Trusted Member
    Oh, there will be no question about people taking it for granted that you are rich mate.

Hell, they even think I am rich.

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    It does make me feel what may I be walking into when we make the move, ok that's not yet and it could be in a years time or even longer.
    My biggest fear would be someone thinking we are rich and claiming we are doing something bad.
    Where even we call home we must feel safe,
    Anyone considering a life in the Philippines must (IMHO) have a bloody good reason for doing so !!
    And should be prepared to enjoy a lifestyle that does not in any way attract attention, interest or gossip.
    It's a bit more than just low-profile.

Why nobody cares to comment on the unravelling corruption, mass murder, drugs fuelled business of politicians, police and drugs lords ?
    Because they are ignorant.
    Not many outsiders understand the cancer that afflicts this country and how deep the wound may have to be in order to cut it out.
    Filipino`s know what is necessary and that`s why they voted for this guy in a landslide.
    If anything should happen to their newly elected leader,I bare not think of the consequences.
    Politically speaking...The gloves are off.

I watched Cayatano trying to thoroughly question De Lima`s "witness" today in order to find out if he was lying or telling the truth about being DU30`s ex hit man!!
    He was constantly obstructed,bullied and intimidated by the chair and Trillianes...I thought there was going to be fisty cuffs to be honest!!
    Anyway...Well done Cayatano!!! Could be President one day for this performance!! lol.

Respected Member
    http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/09/16/1...ad-allegations

http://news.abs-cbn.com/focus/09/16/...-probe-duterte

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...illings-in-phl

I predict that time is running out for this madman

The Duterte clan has an unhealthy grip on Davao and anyone who dares to question this Family is simply done away with

The only difference between Marcos and Duterte is that Marcos used the Military to butcher his own people and Duterte uses the Police force

Watching Duterte speeches during his last disastrous overseas trip its quite clear to see that this guy is unstable and a complete embarrassment to the Philippine people

Slaughtering thousands of your own people is never going to eradicate the drug problem

Making Duterte the president is akin to making a schools top playground bully the headmaster

So what say our partners who maybe know a little more then we do.
    All I see and read is what is said on here or I read on the internet, but remember sometimes the newspapers and news only show you so much,
    I listen to Emma and I do listen to folk who's folks are there too, other then that I keep my mouth shut

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post

The Duterte clan has an unhealthy grip on Davao and anyone who dares to question this Family is simply done away with

The only difference between Marcos and Duterte is that Marcos used the Military to butcher his own people and Duterte uses the Police force

Watching Duterte speeches during his last disastrous overseas trip its quite clear to see that this guy is unstable and a complete embarrassment to the Philippine people

Slaughtering thousands of your own people is never going to eradicate the drug problem

Making Duterte the president is akin to making a schools top playground bully the headmaster
    Wasn't Marcos also a FRIEND of the Western nations ?

I remember reading (in the 'Imelda' book) about how they used to borrow a PAL Jumbo Jet to go partying in Hollywood, etc.

The previous governments have been embezzling public funds to an enormous degree for decades and now government officials are dealing in Shaba. If anyone's an embarrassment to the Philippine people, it's these lowlifes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    The previous governments have been embezzling public funds to an enormous degree for decades and now government officials are dealing in Shaba. If anyone's an embarrassment to the Philippine people, it's these lowlifes.
    Exactly... Their old lifestyles are under extreme threat...No wonder they are grasping at straws to try to impeach him.. They are getting desperate!

Senate probe of drug war looks like a 'demolition job,' analyst says.

Self-confessed hitman Edgar Matobato could not substantiate his claim that Duterte orchestrated the murders of suspected criminals and political opponents in the city when he was questioned by Sen. Alan Peter Cayetano, said University of Sto. Tomas political science professor Edmund Tayao.
    "Clearly, it's a demolition job. When I was listening to the investigation, there's no other way to think of but as a demolition job," Tayao told ANC.

http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/09/17/1...b-analyst-says

Steve, ... see Fred's remarks - directly underneath - about what the VAST MAJORITY of Filipinos think:

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Filipino`s know what is necessary and that`s why they voted for this guy in a landslide.
    If anything should happen to their newly elected leader, I dare not think of the consequences.
    ... PRECISELY!

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    Quite so, Jamie ... !

Actually the title of this thread "Dutertes Summary Execution Policy" is just as misleading and imbalanced as most of LM's posts and links to sensationalised media reporting.

There's no provision of confirmed statistics or breakdown of firearm-related death rate.
    No indication of stats for justifiable/unjustifiable homicides or homicides by other means.
    No data on willful killing.

Using such language as :-

"to butcher his own people" and

"Slaughtering thousands of your own people"

paints a completely abstract picture of life here.

Anyone who even halfway believes those kind of statements to be a true reflection then stay away. Don't come here.

Oh and by the way steer clear of the USA which has a much higher murder rate.

Its nice to read some unbiased comments on here, some of the PR is clearly anti DU30... and its no wonder when so many high ranking officials are involved in illegal activities that they begin to get worried for there comfortable and ill gotten gains, this comes at a time when many filipinos still struggle in there every day life, to even put food on the table, and yes i have seen it first hand...
    As for some of the comments on here they amount to little more than scaremongering, and one begins to wonder if there may be deeper motives behind them ?

Whats that famous saying "boots on the ground",
    Well thank god there are a few members who have just that, so when they speak about how wonderful or bad it is my big ears prick up.
    I am so reliant on Emma for our future if the Philippines is going to be our home, but having a few friends who have lived there a number of years well "every little helps" they say.
    Keep up the good work the few of you who are there and trying to keep us new ones safe

Trusted Member
    Well I'll be there again from Nov 2 for a few weeks.

Whatever is going on will be no worse than anything else I've encountered there over the years.

I don't even try to understand Filipino politics. Gives me brain-ache... and certainly NEVER discuss it with the locals.

Plenty of pesos to my pound is all I ask.

Trusted Member
    I have followed this thread like many other Forum members, and appreciate the spectrum of opinions and links within it.

Anyone with an interest in the Philippines is bound to have an opinion about Rodrigo Duterte. As with clinical medicine, I look for facts based on best evidence to form my opinion. While my filipino friends almost all so far support the new president, I don’t live in the country and take note, rather than make judgements.

It appears Mr Duterte took over a country which was doing well economically. I wish him and the country which elected him well for the future .

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    All I see and read is what is said on here or I read on the internet, but remember sometimes the newspapers and news only show you so much,
    I listen to Emma and I do listen to folk who's folks are there too, other then that I keep my mouth shut
    Check out Al Jazeera news!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Check out Al Jazeera news!
    No thank you,

Nothing to do with us, we are only guest's here. Don't get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    Nothing to do with us, we are only guest's here. Don't get involved.
    But so many of us have a vested interest in some way or another. We all love the Philippines and know how difficult it is for so many there just to live. We in the western world know of the reported corruption, and as we have been there we know this to be correct. At least the new guy is doing something to weed out the bad eggs.

Even though I posted about my wife telling me about the killings every day on the tv and locally, there is no fear, it is like a cleansing of people that prey on the weak. I have voiced my concerns for my family of course but if DU30 is true to his words and actions, my children will grow up in a place where there are going to be far less drug pushers and addicts to worry about. This can only be a good thing.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Fair comment Fred!

Well there you go,
    Sometimes you have to stand back and listen rather then read it in the paper.
    Remember when it was being reported from everyone who does not live here about how bad it would be if we left the EU,
    Well we are still here, so let's give the people and there new leaders a chance too.

Plus thank you to the secret rep giver

Well said, young man!

So it appears that the Deaths are much lower than whats being reported elsewhere..

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/...sKi?li=BBoPRmx

Trusted Member
    It's all rather confusing.

I really don't know what to think.

Hopefully the political situation there won't impact on us foreigners too much. A weak peso would be nice though... being selfish.

Thread Information