Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    From someone who knows nothing, absolutely zilch, about either Davao City or President Duterte you have a very itchy tongue.

As I recall you've never set foot in Davao, the 4th safest city in the world, so it begs the question about your sources of information.

Why not focus your posts on those aspects of life here that you actually have personal experience of, that may be much more useful. IMHO
    If you look back through London_Manila's posts you'll soon come to the conclusion that he has rarely got anything positive to say about anything. He has a thing about people in authority, especially those elected by a majority vote
    My guess is he works in the public sector and an active union member

I am not going to argue the wrongs or rights of the new president. Whatever country you live in you find lots of promises before elections which then get forgotten in the term of power. I want to believe Dutert is going to be the breath of fresh air that the Philippine people need. We will see on that count. But, with all the high people on these lists being brought in on corruption or drug charges, who will replace them? Substituting a corrupt mayor/governor/lawyer for a 'yes' man is also very worrying.

I have referenced Marcos briefly before, he also started off doing many good things for the 'people', but then it all started to go wrong when he wanted more power. We all know what happened then.

I love the Philippines, it is where I call home, I love my filipino family and the people I associate with. As a foreigner it is not a case of going elsewhere, I can't, I don't want to, my ties are too strong. As Peter said,, it is too short a time to judge Duterte quite yet, the future will show if he is the right choice for the people.

My link is just for reference, it is interesting to see similarities in the beginning of the terms of office.
    http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/...rdinand_Marcos
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    indeed I agree with you steve and sir peter atleast give the man a time to prove himself, so far he has done good things in a space of a month or two.

for dictatorship, i personally dont think it will happen because it should have done in davao where he run the city for 2 decades. we didnt feel any of that instead we realised that we should abide by the law and respect eachother.

like i said in my first comment in this thread, we all have different opinions that we are entitled to but to jump into conclusion straight away and accuse the man with unlawful killings i dont think that is right.

Quote Originally Posted by melovesengland View Post
    I have met him as well many times before sir peter, when there is an election campaign in our barangay or if its the barangays fiesta us kids are asked for a dance number. after we danced we get to meet him, he always ask if we have eaten already. he has big love to children and he is dedicated to his job.
    Duterte dancing

I first met him at city hall.
    Second time was at Davao Kadayawan Festival where he twerked like miley

I'll bet he'll be ther this year too.

Sadly I wont be able to make it as i'm still busy with the house.

But, with all the high people on these lists being brought in on corruption or drug charges, who will replace them? Substituting a corrupt mayor/governor/lawyer for a 'yes' man is also very worrying.
    Steve.. If these high and mighty Mayors/ Governors are drug coddlers/Smugglers then that is a really good clue as to how they financed their election campaigns and paid for peoples votes to become elected..
    Without that kind of money source the elections would become fair OVERNIGHT almost..
    There are very few "Yes men" in power here as they are elected by the people because of MONEY (vote buying)...
    Corruption and drug money is the problem and it looks to me like DU30 is attacking that problem big time..
    Ive never seen any such transparency like it here in over 30 years..
    If I see a news report saying he has done something unspeakable,I will post it here in this thread..
    I agree with your stance on London-Manila...Just another Labour lefty woos IMO..Still quite a few of them left apparently...
    He was probably at Heathrow Airport supporting Black lives matter..
    Need I say more?

Thanks for Reps,Peter and Simon..I didn't expect that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    Duterte dancing

How cool is that.
    The man has rhythm!

Salamat sa rep Steve!

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Salamat sa rep Steve!
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Respected Member
    Omg what next i suppose Duterte's farts smell of devon violets also

Its obvious i am dealing with deluded people here who cant see the wood for the trees

I actually care about the Philippines and its people and with time i will be proved right that Duterte is a backward step for the Philippines

I don't blame the pinoys for falling Duterte's bravado and false promises of utopia
    They want change and will vote for anything that changes the status quo

Westerners living in or outside the Phills really should know better than to support this lunatic or go along with the blind faith that swept him to power

Respected Member
    indeed I agree with you steve and sir peter atleast give the man a time to prove himself, so far he has done good things in a space of a month or two.

for dictatorship, i personally dont think it will happen because it should have done in davao where he run the city for 2 decades. we didnt feel any of that instead we realised that we should abide by the law and respect eachother.

like i said in my first comment in this thread, we all have different opinions that we are entitled to but to jump into conclusion straight away and accuse the man with unlawful killings i dont think that is right.
    Duterte openly advocates killing people with his shoot to kill policy

What don't you understand about that ?

http://news.abs-cbn.com/focus/08/08/...ertain-futures

As Duterte has given the police carte blanche on killing people the police have moved on
    from only murdering so called pushers
    A minor traffic violation and you end up dead

http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/08/08/1...ide-police-car

Is this really the type of police force you want in the Philippines

Trusted Member
    I'm sure the pope and god will sort it all out for them.

Respected Member
    Its nice to keep it in the family

http://www.philstar.com/nation/2016/...yor-davao-city

I take it that Duterte's daughter is the best thing since sliced bread also

Trusted Member
    Yep... rather like the Kennedys.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post

Its obvious i am dealing with deluded people here who cant see the wood for the trees

I actually care about the Philippines and its people and with time i will be proved right that Duterte is a backward step for the Philippines

I don't blame the pinoys for falling Duterte's bravado and false promises of utopia

Westerners living in or outside the Phills really should know better than to support this lunatic or go along with the blind faith that swept him to power
    It is wrong to kill the scum in full view of the public the way it's being broadcast, children will be affected by all this and grow up thinking it's ok to shoot criminals. There has to be a better way

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    It is wrong to kill the scum in full view of the public the way it's being broadcast, children will be affected by all this and grow up thinking it's ok to shoot criminals. There has to be a better way
    As I mentioned before Micheal there was blood on the streets everyday in full public view long before Du30...As I also told you before they had a shoot out near our school and the contents of my Filipino mates son`s head was there for the kids to see on the school crossing that morning..
    My Filipino friend and the neighbours were visited by the Police at the time...Obviously the locals knew who did it but were too afraid to give the old bill information..The father just had to accept the murder of his son and did not say a word to them.
    These liberals schmucks had their chance to tackle drug crime and they did .... all..
    The worm has turned and we all feel much safer then before..
    Hope it continues.

MANILA — President Duterte is not pleased with the spiralling drug-related killings in the country, according to Malacańang.

“I think he’s very concerned and, in fact, bothered and troubled,” he added. “He’s deeply and profoundly concerned.”

Nonetheless, the Palace spokesperson said Duterte recognized the fact that the murders had raised public awareness about the “depth and breadth” of the country’s drug problem.

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/804462/...#ixzz4GpCBg8KE
    Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    As I mentioned before Micheal there was blood on the streets everyday in full public view long before Du30...As I also told you before they had a shoot out near our school and the contents of my Filipino mates son`s head was there for the kids to see on the school crossing that morning..
    My Filipino friend and the neighbours were visited by the Police at the time...Obviously the locals knew who did it but were too afraid to give the old bill information..The father just had to accept the murder of his son and did not say a word to them.
    These liberals schmucks had their chance to tackle drug crime and they did .... all..
    The worm has turned and we all feel much safer then before..
    Hope it continues.
    Thank you Fred, I understand what you say it's just that I was saying it would be better if another way of dealing with these problems could be found

We seem to be engaging the 'do as I say and not what I do' here

We all complain about minority groups trying to change our way of life here, and rightly so, but we're also complaining about what's fair and not fair in the Philippines

My view is that I'm a visitor, soon to retire person in their country and will live by their rules. If I don't like it then rather than be a moaning foreigner and draw attention to myself, I can leave.

lunatic? U might need to consider yourself one as you sound to be so affected with Duterte. False promises? Didnt see any as what he has said on his campaign has so far been done and is actually doing well. 911 philippines, drug pushers and users surrendered and is now waiting for rehabilitation, 8888 hotline for any corruption the govt, mining firms banned because of too much mining destorying the nature, farmers problems on water for their crops has been heard and now has plans to give them support on that, our athletes that is in rio now has his full support that he raised their allowances to 3k dollars, filipina captured by the abu sayaff freed before he even took over as the president, laglag bala gang at the naia LONG GONE, attention and support for the wounded soldiers and soldiers fighting in mindanao has been addressed.

U will be proved right? U might need to rephrase that as that wont happen in a million years.

Filipinos are sick and tired of being suppressed, of being victims of these illegal drug trades, neglect from the govt for many decades and have you experienced any of that? No. So you have no right whatsoever to judge someone or any filipinos who voted for him because u have never experienced a tiny bit of what we have gone through.

Deluded? Look at the mirror and you will see one.

As Duterte has given the police carte blanche on killing people the police have moved on

Shoot to kill policy yes if the criminal will fight then they will be killed. I wouldnt risk the lives of the police for a scumbag, why would we?

Riding in tandem? Are u going to blame that as well to duterte? These people are hired by druglords and pushers who wants to keep their allies schtum forever so they wont report anything to the authorities.

Not all police are dedicated to their job and that is not just in the philippines but its all over the world. These policemen that are using their power to be little others and kill should be prosecuted and they will be and there has been proofs for that.

Id rather have the honest policemen live to protect the people from these criminals and continuw to support its family than be in a box being grieved by their family because a low life drug addict or criminal has shot and killed them.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    We seem to be engaging the 'do as I say and not what I do' here

We all complain about minority groups trying to change our way of life here, and rightly so, but we're also complaining about what's fair and not fair in the Philippines

My view is that I'm a visitor, soon to retire person in their country and will live by their rules. If I don't like it then rather than be a moaning foreigner and draw attention to myself, I can leave.

Agree.

(I may buy a bullet-proof vest off Amazon though... just in case .)

And oh your sources are PHILIPPINES MEDIA? BIASED so dont count on it!

Omg what next? I suppose Duterte's farts smell of Devon violets also

I don't blame the pinoys for falling for Duterte's bravado and false promises of Utopia
    At least his farts aren't just a lot of hot air, like the promises of so many Heads of State around the world. ... he's "sticking to his guns" (pun intended) and, in time, the nation will be the BETTER of it too.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Of course Duterte is brutalising the nation with his murderous police force
    A nation where people never get a fair trial they are just simply murdered

some people on here think thats justice !

Respected Member
    And oh your sources are PHILIPPINES MEDIA? BIASED so dont count on it!
    Actually for your information abs/cbn is one of the few media outlets in the Philippines that just does not pay lip service to Durterte and actually DARES to challenge Duterte on his ridiculous mas murder policy

I don't think that just having news media outlets that just praise Duterte and agree with everything Duterte does is helping anyone and certainly not the Philippine people

A lunatic dictator who tries to run the country as a one man band needs bringing to book

Duterte threatens military rule just because he can't have it all his way

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...re-martial-law

Duterte's list of public officials involved with drugs contained one person who died 8 years ago
    what a complete idiot this man is

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...list/most_read

Now tell me GMA news is biased as well

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...issed-since-07

Respected Member
    Duterte's chief henchman and mas murderer another disgusting individual

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...gn-touts-gains

Duterte threatens martial law if 'drug war' is blocked

Philippine president warns the Supreme Court of a "constitutional war" if the judiciary interferes with his policies.

"Filipinos are getting killed. I grieve for so many women raped, men killed, infants raped," because of drug addiction, Duterte said.
    "Please do not create a confrontation, a constitutional war, we will all lose."

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/0...170518830.html

Respected Member
    Its about time the USA distances itself from this madman also

http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/08/09/1...ks-vs-goldberg

Duterte has zero diplomacy skills and enjoys opening his mouth and making unhinged statements

Thread Information