Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

C'mon Andy Murray

Good luck to Andy Murray in the final

Hope he wins, he's been playing so well this year
    Last edited by Terpe; 11th July 2016 at 01:18.

Trusted Member
    Did you put money on him Peter ?

A good day for sport, F1, Tennis and Football.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Did you put money on him Peter ?
    No Graham I didn't.
    I wouldn't even know how to do that

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    A good day for sport, F1, Tennis and Football.
    Yes indeed Steve. A rare day for sure.

Great Britain also also stormed a win in both the men's and women's 4x400 relay at the European Athletics Championships in Amsterdam.
    We ended with 16 medals. Best tally for 58 years.

Froome retains his yellow jersey in the Tour de France and GB's Rachel Atherton wins the women's Mountain Bike Downhill World Cup with Danny Hart winning the mens event.

Must be a Brexit thing

Saw the first set of the tennis then switched off. First match I've seen for several years too and it was just as boring as the football was yesterday.

About as riveting as watching Jeremy Corbyn watching paint dry.

Not into tennis at all. As for Murray... He comes across as a miserable git every time I see him being interviewed!

Watched the F1, first time in donkeys..... Not like the old days when the cars could overtake. Now it's all done mostly by who has the best strategy for pit stops. Although I did see a couple of good overtakes or undertakes yesterday. But nowhere near as exciting as it used to be.

As for the football. The most boring tournament I can remember. The final was no better either. I did want to be at work today though so when I do my staff allocations I wanted to pair up the French man and Portuguese man together for 12 hours But I'm off until Friday

Andy won it well in the end, Im no great fan of him, as Slip has said he comes across as a miserable Guy, not keen on his other half either i noticed she has a ring on his finger almost as big as a 50p piece. Im just waiting for the Headline, Andy Murray and his wife seperate..

Slip, I think everyone looks back at F1 with rose tinted glasses. The only thing that made it exciting in the 70's and 80's was the fact that there was a chance that someone might have a huge crash and possibly die, which used to happen. The overtaking was the same as today. Tracks have got safer that means that cars stay on the track for more race time. Technology has vastly improved which means the top teams run virtually the same speeds, which means it is down to the drivers talent and of course pit stops. The race yesterday in the wet was good, plenty of action there. I am happy that racing is safer than yesteryear, too many died. But they are still pushing on the edge, and that makes it exciting still.

Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    Not into tennis at all. As for Murray... He comes across as a miserable git every time I see him being interviewed!
    Yes, ... he is a dour~looking bugger. But then ... ... he's a Scot - and a [former] Perthshire Scot at that - so what can you expect!?!

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    I can't understand why plenty of people would take into account how Andy Murray is looking like a miserable git than take note of how a very good sportsman he is. He is doing the country proud and have so much passion on his craft (compare that to those footballers), but loads of people would just prefer to say he is a miserable git.

I've been rooting for him yesterday and he's one hell of a tennis player. You can see how important it was for him. I'm sure he would do very well again in Rio Olympics.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    Slip, I think everyone looks back at F1 with rose tinted glasses. The only thing that made it exciting in the 70's and 80's was the fact that there was a chance that someone might have a huge crash and possibly die, which used to happen. The overtaking was the same as today. Tracks have got safer that means that cars stay on the track for more race time. Technology has vastly improved which means the top teams run virtually the same speeds, which means it is down to the drivers talent and of course pit stops. The race yesterday in the wet was good, plenty of action there. I am happy that racing is safer than yesteryear, too many died. But they are still pushing on the edge, and that makes it exciting still.
    I thought it was a great race yesterday, with all the right ingredients.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Yes, ... he is a dour~looking bugger. But then ... ... he's a Scot - and a [former] Perthshire Scot at that - so what can you expect!?!
    There again, I've noticed the headlines in this morning's tabloids are accclaiming him "'s own Andy Murray".

....................... could [unwittingly] "ruffle a few feathers" up here in the North. Whilst in a broad sense, the bloke's Nationality is British - first and foremost, he's Scottish. Whereas, had he been born South of the Border, you can bet the same media would've ignored his 'Britishness' ... referring to him as English instead.

Just imagine the motivation and how serious and dedicated you'd have to be to be classed as best in the town, best in the county, best in the region, best in the country, best in Europe, best in the world.

Not many of us have the mental focus and capability to rise so far whether it be corporate, politics, economic or sport.

Andy Murray is a success at the very highest level.

Big congratulations to him

I am the best in the world..... at being me

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Just imagine the motivation and how serious and dedicated you'd have to be to be classed as best in the town, best in the county, best in the region, best in the country, best in Europe, best in the world.

Not many of us have the mental focus and capability to rise so far whether it be corporate, politics, economic or sport.

Andy Murray is a success at the very highest level.

Big congratulations to him
    Totally agree.

Neither Andy Murray or Lewis Hamilton come across as particularly likeable individuals but saying that I still want them to do well although I do prefer Hamilton out of the two.

I think by the time their careers are over, the latter will be remembered as one of the best in his sport. Not sure Murray will but he has been a good ambassador for British sport.

Thread Information