Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

My Bathroom upgade efforts

Hi all,
    I live is what was called "Sheltered Housing" now re named "Independent Living"
    It is a nice ground floor flat that I am very happy to have and been her about 8 years or so.

I have been trying to have a walk in shower instead of the over bath one I have, as I cannot get into and out the bath so easy but the only way the Housing Association will allow it is if the resident qualifies for a grant to convert meaning they get their flat upgraded at no cost to them.

4 years ago I first tried and ended up with the over bath shower as the Occupational therapist who access clients said I could step into the bath ok.

So last year I tried again, saw different Occupational therapist and was hopeful!

They decided that it was not a shower I needed but a "super loo" one that washes your bum and dries it too.
    The cost of which is about £3,500 fitted, and a walk in shower about £4,000
    I asked if I could pay the £500 difference and have the shower, no they cant do that, but I can be re assed after a year and maybe get a walk in shower then, which would mean an almost double bill to end up with a shower.

So they install the "super loo" which in our technical age needs a remote to operate it, all works well and might save a few pounds in loo roll over time!

With this gleaming "super loo" installed, I decided to paint the bathroom.

I was standing on my step ladder yesterday afternoon painting the wall and my knee gave out, I slipped and a full 1.1/2 litre tin of blue paint went everywhere!
    being emulsion I could scoop some up then keep washing everything but it took all afternoon.
    Mick.
    Last edited by mickcant; 8th July 2016 at 06:20. Reason: spelling

I bet the air was 'blue' too Mick.

Good job you never hurt yourself.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Trusted Member
    Sorry I'm laughing Mick. You thought of auditioning for Laurel and Hardy ?

Anyway, it'll keep you out of trouble for a few days... cleaning up.

Anytime you're up my way, you can borrow my walk-in shower (with handy fold-down seat), here in my OAP bungy.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Sorry I'm laughing Mick. You thought of auditioning for Laurel and Hardy ?

Anyway, it'll keep you out of trouble for a few days... cleaning up.

Anytime you're up my way, you can borrow my walk-in shower (with handy fold-down seat), here in my OAP bungy.
    Thanks, that's just what I could do with
    Mick.

Trusted Member
    You paint an honest picture of " Independent Living ", Mick, well done and best wishes .

Thread Information