Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Angry Aw ... You're Kidding!

Here is an incredible theory that a Brexit won't ACTUALLY happen - even in the event of the public voting for it.

Someone is taking the ... surely!

http://uk.businessinsider.com/green-...ufferf55bb&utm ...

Oh ya bluffer!

... can you honestly imagine though, what would happen were the Government to renege on its agreement? ... ... there'd be an ALMIGHTY uproar!

It is simply ANOTHER scaremongering tactic, !

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... can you honestly imagine though, what would happen were the Government to renege on its agreement? ... ... there'd be an ALMIGHTY uproar!

It is simply ANOTHER scaremongering tactic, !
    There could be some truth in it Arthur, you never know

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    There could be some truth in it Arthur, you never know
    ... stranger things have been known to occur, Michael ! According to the link I posted, there's no LEGAL onus on the British *Government to accept an outcome *it deems unfavourable to the future of the country. And, I certainly wouldn't put it past "Dodgy Dave" (the term that was recently ascribed to him by a member here) to take full advantage of this supposed lack of statutory binding.

But, being the case then, by the same token - especially should the REMAIN camp win by an extremely narrow margin (as seems likely) - the significant numbers who vote to LEAVE ought NOT to be under any obligation to adhere to our present terms of membership without an offer of some form of sustainable compromise.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... stranger things have been known to occur, Michael ! According to the link I posted, there's no LEGAL onus on the British *Government to accept an outcome *it deems unfavourable to the future of the country. And, I certainly wouldn't put it past "Dodgy Dave" (the term that was recently ascribed to him by a member here) to take full advantage of this supposed lack of statutory binding.

But, being the case then, by the same token - especially should the REMAIN camp win by an extremely narrow margin (as seems likely) - the significant numbers who vote to LEAVE ought NOT to be under any obligation to adhere to our present terms of membership without an offer of some form of sustainable compromise.
    Well Arthur what ever the outcome it will all come out (excuse the pun) in the wash.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Well Arthur whatever the outcome it will all come out (excuse the pun) in the wash.
    Ah, as you know, I'm rather partial to the use of puns myself, Michael. And you're right, of course, it'll all come out in the wash.

Little is likely to change for Joe Public, ... neither you nor
    I will notice a great deal of difference to our lives - whichever way the cookie crumbles next Thursday - with Britain carrying on pretty much as it has done over the past four decades ... apart, perhaps, from society's affluent elite, who, IMO, stand to gain most by voting to remain tied to the EU's apron strings.

... having never experienced what it's actually like to be rich [financially] < that, to me, doesn't matter!

Whereas, what I'd like to see, most of all, is regaining control of its own destiny.

Thread Information