Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Health Surcharge

Hi folks. We will be applying for FLR in July. My understanding is that we pay online and they send us a code to enter onto the application form. My question is when can we get pay and get the code?. Is there a set time?
    Thanks Andy.

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Hi folks. We will be applying for FLR in July. My understanding is that we pay online and they send us a code to enter onto the application form. My question is when can we get pay and get the code?. Is there a set time?
    Thanks Andy.
    What I know Andy is that my wife paid the surcharge then was given the number to write on the FLR application form which is the way it has to be done because the application could be refused but UKVI would notify you with a time limit to pay it.

Sort of don't understand your wording but you pay the surcharge first then fill in FLR after with the unique number given if doing so by post but no time limit is mentioned.

I do know that if application is done online then surcharge has to be paid then application be sent within 30 minutes of doing so.

Good Luck...

Sorry Andy, can't help you on this one,
    I am so glad we have past all these stages now, good luck

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    What I know Andy is that my wife paid the surcharge then was given the number to write on the FLR application form which is the way it has to be done because the application could be refused but UKVI would notify you with a time limit to pay it.

Sort of don't understand your wording but you pay the surcharge first then fill in FLR after with the unique number given if doing so by post but no time limit is mentioned.

I do know that if application is done online then surcharge has to be paid then application be sent within 30 minutes of doing so.

Good Luck...
    Sorry Mark and thanks for the reply. I was just wondering whether there was a time limit with the health surharge or are they just after the money.?. It does not say on the website how long the surcharge lasts for.

Sorry Mark and thanks for the reply. I was just wondering whether there was a time limit with the health surharge or are they just after the money.?. It does not say on the website how long the surcharge lasts for.
    If you mean once you pay the time the surcharge lasts would be 30 months the same as the second FLR, it's £200 per year x 2.5 years ie: 30 months but has to be all paid upfront. (cheeky barstewards)

At least one thing your good missus won't have to pay it again as it's doesn't need to be paid when she applies for ILR but at an eye popping £1,875 for that and further proposed increases it's a good job it doesn't...

Any further questions just fire away, once again Good Luck....

And I have a step daughter to pay for.

Hello everyone
    I nearly finished applying for a UK visa on my wife"s behalf (who"s in the philippines) but they charge in dollars. I applied via the GOV site. Does anyone know if there is any way for us to pay in pounds? The type of visa she needs requires the surcharge which is $912 but converts to £685 (it should be £600 & the actual visa is $1816. This is way too much is ££s

Quote Originally Posted by dunstun365 View Post
    Hello everyone
    I nearly finished applying for a UK visa on my wife"s behalf (who"s in the philippines) but they charge in dollars. I applied via the GOV site. Does anyone know if there is any way for us to pay in pounds? The type of visa she needs requires the surcharge which is $912 but converts to £685 (it should be £600 & the actual visa is $1816. This is way too much is ££s
    The payment is in dollars.
    Just unfortunate timing I'm afraid with the drop in Sterling

Hi Andy, yes you pay online. My wife paid in late May as we are trying to get premium service. You will get two emails ,IHS number and a receipt for the payment by world pay. For me I then have to continue with the application for Premium service and pay the £1300 or so! But cannot book yet as they only have spaces bookable two weeks prior to your desired day.

Take care John
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Hi John we will be applying shortly. They can forget the premium service I will do it by post. We can wait. That £1300 will go towards our trip to the philippines..

Hi John we will be applying shortly. They can forget the premium service I will do it by post. We can wait. That £1300 will go towards our trip to the philippines..
    I don't blame you Andy, I am not sure how long it will all take to process have you any idea by post that is? The thing is we have to go to Philippines in October for a wedding and need to book flights right after the application!
    Wishing you the very best .. and where did 2.5 years go?

John
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Quote Originally Posted by songz777 View Post
    I don't blame you Andy, I am not sure how long it will all take to process have you any idea by post that is? The thing is we have to go to Philippines in October for a wedding and need to book flights right after the application!

John
    John my wife applied for FLR late May 2015 and it was processed by post in just 5 and a half weeks so really quickly but like you say you have a time frame regarding your holiday so better be safe than sorry.

Also Andy if you have no restrains regarding how long it takes then yes I agree that extra spending money does come in handy.

Good luck to you both...

I emailed the UK4visa site why can"t we pay in ££s as it seems it is a british GOV site and had no reply. Its amazing (sarc) we now have to predict the pound before we can pay for the visa.
    I"m angry because the average filipino could never pay so I had to pay if I want to see my wife again. I"m definately complaining later

Quote Originally Posted by songz777 View Post

John
    Hi John. My wife's friend applied for F.L.R in April by post and has not had any reply as yet. That is why I have not made any plans to visit the philippines. I will wait for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by dunstun365 View Post
    I emailed the UK4visa site why can"t we pay in ££s as it seems it is a british GOV site and had no reply. Its amazing (sarc) we now have to predict the pound before we can pay for the visa.
    I"m angry because the average filipino could never pay so I had to pay if I want to see my wife again. I"m definately complaining later
    Its just a rip off mate. We have all been through this. You can complain as much as you want but my guess is that it will fall on deaf ears. Good luck.

Thread Information