Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Reg

Reg

Based on true-life events, this 90-minute, Jimmy McGovern drama is a moving portrayal of grieving parents - Reg and Sally - whose son, L/Cpl Tom Keys was one of six military policemen killed by a mob in the Southern Iraqi, Shia city of Majar-al-Kabir in June 2003.

Convinced - as many were at the time - that 's Armed Forces had been led into the Iraq War under false pretences ... Reg forms a pressure group, 'Military Families Against War' - opposed to the conflict - and decides to stand against the then Prime Minister, Tony Blair in his home constituency of Sedgefield during the 2005 General Election.

www.radiotimes.com/film/d6tjfy/reg ... on BBC1 at 9 o'clock tonight.

Now ... ... of course, we all know that Bliar was re~elected. But, notwithstanding the outcome, this hard~hitting drama is testament to one father's dogged determination to seek justice on his son's behalf!
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 7th June 2016 at 00:28. Reason: Insertion of an apostrophe previously missed

... nobody interested?

Sorry Arthur, I read but never replied. Been a little busy tonight. Looks interesting, so I will get it on the iplayer.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    Sorry Arthur, I read but never replied. Been a little busy tonight. Looks interesting, so I will get it on the iplayer.
    Thanks, Steve ... I watched it myself - very poignant, yet absorbing piece of film - and well~acted, too. Definitely worth catching up on iplayer!

... although, with my being hard of hearing, it was better seeing it on television ... due to the lack of subtitles on iplayer.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Will make time to watch Arthur

Thread Information