Hi everyone I came across this site while doing a web search.
I'm actually hoping to go to the Philippines at some point this year. Hoping the trip will actually happen in September. Was originally hoping to go in July but due to me being made redundant and now looking for work I've had to push the date of me going back.

The purpose of the visit will be meet a good friend of mine. We've been online friends for about 8 years but it wasn't until a few years ago we started actually chatting and getting to know each other. After a few phone calls and a video call I came to the conclusion that I like her. Eventually told her about my feelings and she said she felt the same way. We're not in a relationship yet because we've agreed we should meet each other first and see how we feel about it then. But I think it might work out between us.

Anyway I guess I can say I've joined this site to find out more about the Philippines and Filipinos. So far I've done some of my own research (like listening to some podcasts, looking up some profiles on some certain websites and buying a Filipino phrasebook), but I think there's always more one can learn.