Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    There used to be an OCD grammar moderator,we never found out who he was,not publicly anyway,but he insisted on moderating peoples posts unasked,glad he stopped as are several others
    Well ... ... it has always been my motto that ANY job worth doing is ...worth doing well!

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Well ... ... it has always been my motto that ANY job worth doing is ...worth doing well!
    My father used to say, "if you cannot do a job properly don't do it".

True,but we dont live in north korea,we have freedom of expression and speech,if we wanted a proof reader we would have hired one,our posts were edited and sometimes werent even in context after the mystery mods "editing" sessions,and they never owned up when it came to light

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

and they never owned up when it came to light
    No need for a witch hunt, the issue has been resolved.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Trusted Member
    Use of language and grammar - written or spoken - is surely for communication. Clear speaking or writing follows clear thought. I try to think what I want to say, then say it as simply as possible.

" Correct " grammar may help achieve this aim - but even if it’s " wrong " the meaning may still be understood.

Any form of language and grammar, if used often enough by young people today, may become the standard of tomorrow. There could even be skill involved in " text speak ", with the number of words kept to a minimum. Similarly, those using " Twitter " are obliged to limit their " tweets " to 140 characters.

I try not to use a long word where a short word will do ; and if a word is unnecessary I cut it out.

If it’s a serious post, I prepare it as a draft, then copy and paste the final version.

I try not to be judgemental - especially on a Forum such as this where I don’t know most members. Arrogance and boasting are more likely to bore than impress !

Advice given by a medical friend on " Twitter " :-

* Avoid posts about named / identifiable patients.

* Try to be accurate ; don’t always try to be " right "!

* Don’t post when angry - what’s online lives forever.

* Try to give medical information ( with links to websites where helpful ) rather than medical advice.

It may be worth re-reading the section on " Forum RULES, Information & Announcements " -
    as well as the disclaimer on the " Health Issues " section ( " Anything posted in this section is the poster’s own opinion and may not be accurate. Please seek professional advice. " ).

lol, I agree Alan.

One thing I really hate to hear when out is the way younger people, teens etc use what I can only describe as slouchy black American speech, it really grinds my gears.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    lol, I agree Alan.

One thing I really hate to hear when out is the way younger people, teens etc use what I can only describe as slouchy black American speech, it really grinds my gears.
    Yes, God knows WHY so many of them imagine speaking in an American drawl is "cool" ... when, in fact, to me, it sounds more like a growl. ... there again - as you'll probably recall from Alan's 'Scarborough weekend, Steve - I am becoming increasingly deaf, and so, ... ... of course, that doesn't help matters!

i dont mind anyone helping me out with capitol letters comers full stops or anything even advice i do try but sometimes i get carried away in what i am trying to say so here are a few i forgot to add or was it had anyway please feel free to fill in the spaces ,,,,,,,,..........

Its not a witch hunt,theres no firebrands nor pitchforks,this is the first time its been mentioned since it happened,but if the culprit had apologised at the time,at least been honest and held up their hands,a forum is the sum total of its members,if we had wanted spellchecks and diction software i am sure it would have been added

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Like I said, it is resolved, and was a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    Like I said, it is resolved, and was a long time ago.
    Totally agree, Steve!

Resolved means to the mutual satisfaction of all parties,thats the dictionary defenition it just stopped when i complained,thats not a resolution is it??

Resolved means to the mutual satisfaction of all parties,thats the dictionary defenition it just stopped when i complained,thats not a resolution is it??
    The parties involved were the Admin and team. We, as a team resolved the issue. There is nothing else to explain or answer to. When you become part of the Admin team you will be privy to many issues which have needed resolution, many you know nothing about or needed to. The forum is running smoothly, and to 99.9% of members has been for many years.

Let this be an end to this issue, like I said before, it is not a witch hunt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information