Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Gotta get myself one of these!

Someone I know let me have a go at flying his Phantom 3 drone...Blood amazingly easy to fly..
    Now the Phantom 4 is for sale I may have to raid the piggy bank when the Mrs aint looking..
    Very cool piece of kit IMO.

Have you seen the price of them

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Have you seen the price of them
    Just a quick look says $1,399.. Not sure if that includes everything though..
    I`m sure you would need to buy things like extra batteries etc..
    Just watched someone do a test flight for range.. 4.2 miles I think they said before pushing the return to home button.. The thing is clever enough to know if it has enough battery power to get back and to give the user fair warning..

http://myfirstdrone.com/phantom-4/dj...ld-range-test/

I was thinking of getting one awhile back to use in the Phils. They cost about £400 I seem to recall.

Get yourselves a microlight or paramotor,live the dream,fly like a bird.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Just bought a drone a few days ago. Incredible 40mph, 4-mile range, Mavic Pro. Footage is great. I keep hitting NFZs, however. Can still go into them, but the warning flashes up on the screen. Don't suppose there are so many NFZs in the PI.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Trusted Member
    Amazing little things. Genuinely useful too... life-savers even.

Checked my sister's roof with mine today to see if any of her tiles are loose. Kept getting strong wind warnings on the screen as the drone was buffeted by gusts.

Trusted Member
    Yes, I was thinking how useful one of these would have been when I used to be surveying buildings every day... even for inaccessible roof voids, etc.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Nice..Do you think it would carry lets say a 6 pack of SMB??
    I could could send it over to the sari sari, watch them load it and then click the "home James" button..
    Very cool IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    I could could send it over to the sari sari, watch them load it and then click the "home James" button..
    Very cool IMO.
    Brilliant idea

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Very cool IMO.
    You do indeed press the return home button and back it comes. As for the alcohol, there's a model for £2000+ that can carry 3 kg, so the guy in the shop told me.

I am taking this away with me on holiday in just under 2 weeks' time. Whole new perspective on holiday footage and photos if I blend in the GoPro footage with the drone shots.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have the mavic pro and the dji goggles. Awesome kit.

Some footage of osmena peak in cebu.

Only nfz in cebu is near mactan airport

Yes Cheekee, they are fantastic eh? I have been looking into taking mine to Thailand, but apparently you need a licence to register them? I got mine from Costco. It's a very good price. Got the kit with spare batts and blades and suchlike. I have been to Osmena Peak, nice footage of it, different perspective.

Yes Cheekee, they are fantastic eh? I have been looking into taking mine to Thailand, but apparently you need a licence to register them? I got mine from Costco. It's a very good price. Got the kit with spare batts and blades and suchlike I have been to Osmena Peak, nice footage of it, different perspective.
    The registration process in Thailand is pretty new. I have heard of some people who are still flying their drones there without registering. Have a look at Mavic Pro groups on Facebook.

I would rather register it if I have to, I would hate to think I inadvertently break any laws. I am not on facebook. I have found a forum for Mavik flyers. I didn't realise the platinum was out.

I would rather register it if I have to, I would hate to think I inadvertently break any laws. I am not on facebook. I have found a forum for Mavik flyers. I didn't realise the platinum was out.
    To be honest, the platinum isn't really any better. Just a tad quieter and 3 minutes extra flying time. I have the props from the platinum and they are more unstable in stronger winds.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    Just a tad quieter
    Might get a platinum 60% noise-reduction. Going to play around with this for a while first. Pity there's not a zoom cam.

You can zoom in certain modes but it's digital.

The 60% noise reduction is not until you are at at certain height. On take off they are similar.

Not sure if I want one of these or not!!

I would love a flight with that passanger drone

Lags are getting friends and relatives to use drones to smuggle in stuff like mobile phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    Lags are getting friends and relatives to use drones to smuggle in stuff like mobile phones.
    That's actually stopping. They are blocking the signals. I tried to fly very near a prison yesterday. The NFZ came on straight away. Most phones and contraband goes into prison through the staff.

I have been looking at the DJI Spark recently and all things said, it is a quality drone. Not as big as the Mavic Pro, but still a worthy contender. Ok, it does not have 4k video or a 3 axis gimble or the longer range and fly time as the Pro, but that isn't really what I want it for. The 1080p video on all reviews is stunning, with a 12-15 minute fly time is quite enough and with a 2 mile range, that is more than enough. For the full package (excluding the headset) I can save over £100 to UK prices and that is well under half that for the Pro package. I think a win-win situation.

Anyone have personal experience of the Spark?
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

I have seen the Spark flying. It didn't have a 2 mile range as the signal started going weak after maybe a mile? Maybe if flying in open country with clear line of sight, but in towns, undulating country, forests you're not going to get that range. I am packing mine at the moment, got a flight this afternoon to somewhere hot and sunny. Looking forward to using it.

Thread Information