I realise this might sound a bit sad, but I've really struggled without a consistent and decent internet connection.
I need a good connection to get my internet banking done and to stream some news programs and BBC programes.

For over a week now I've been using a pocket wifi.
It's a Globe T@too.

My experience in using this has been mixed but generally quite good.

A very small (shirt-pocket size) unit with decent battery and SIM card delivers around 10Mbs when there's a decent 4G signal and about 2Mbs when it can only pick up a weak 3G or decent 2G

Overall I've been lucky as here in Cubau area (as in most of NCR) there's a pretty good 4G signal
It's so simple to use and not too expensive. My usage has been pretty heavy just lately as I downloaded a lot of stuff.
Basically you load up the pre-paid SIM with a regular call card load. In principle the cost is P5 for 15 minutes. Anything over 15mins gets charged at P5 whether you use the 15 minute cap or not.
I just consider P1 per minute plus P15 until I disconnect.

No choice for me until I'm able to get a fixed broadband line installed.
At a very rough guide a P500 load on my SIM is good for P500 minutes
So far I haven't found any data download restriction

So depending on your location it could be something to consider.

It can also be used as a WiFi extender, so if your located in area where you can receive a free wifi signal it will automatically use that signal without any charge to your card load.