Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thumbs up Duterte To Sell Presidential Yacht; Orders Choppers To Be Used As Air Ambulances

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...air-ambulances

Truly, a "man OF - AND FOR - the people" ... such an act in itself, undoubtedly speaks volumes for the Philippines' presumptive Commander~in~Chief, who will use the proceeds to replace this hitherto superfluous luxury belonging to his rich predecessors, for the benefit of the Emergency Services.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Truly, a "man OF - AND FOR - the people" ... such an act in itself, undoubtedly speaks volumes for the Philippines' presumptive Commander~in~Chief, who will use the proceeds to replace this hitherto superfluous luxury belonging to his rich predecessors, for the benefit of the Emergency Services.
    How do you square your ringing endorsement with the fact that he has appointed Sal Panelo to be the Presidential Spokesman? Panelo, in case you haven't heard of him, is the lawyer who represents that murderous clan, the Ampatuans and is on record as saying that the Maguindanao Massacre never took place.

Saying the maguindanao massacre never happened is like saying the nazi holocaust didnt occur

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Saying the maguindanao massacre never happened is like saying the nazi holocaust didnt occur

Loads of so-called millennials (young ones) in the Philippines say the same thing about the Martial Law era during the Marcos' time.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by Dabawenyo View Post
    How do you square your ringing endorsement with the fact that he has appointed Sal Panelo to be the Presidential Spokesman?
    Panelo, I believe, was at Law School with Duterte. So, though it may appear that his appointment is akin to "jobs for the boys" ... ... to my mind, the selection was, in all probability, based on the guy's reputation as a top-notch lawyer - a factor most likely to've influenced the decision of a shrewd President elect.

Panelo, moreover, was the bloke who sent *Trillanes "scuttling away with his tail between his legs" after the *latter had demanded an investigation into the bank accounts of Duterte.

Panelo, in case you haven't heard of him, is the lawyer who represents that murderous clan, the Ampatuans and is on record as saying that the Maguindanao Massacre never took place.
    Without reading fully, the entire chain of events giving rise to the massacre - other than what I understand to be its ongoing aftermath - I'm afraid I just don't know enough about it to answer your question ... !

Nonetheless, their code of professional ethics permits lawyers freedom of choice as to whom they can represent - a choice which, like it or not, actually bears little relevance to the issue you've raised.

Sal Panelo - a man who calmly said that 32 journalists and 27 others were not murdered by the Ampatuan gangsters in a massacre he says never took place.

Sal Panelo - a man who absent-mindedly posted pictures of Duterte having dinner with Gloria Arroyo a few days before the election - minus the neck brace that she sports in public - on his Twitter feed.

Sal Panel - a man who claims the Marcoses are saints and never stole anything.

But his is not the only questionable appointment that Duterte has announced. Cronyism and nepotism will continue to continue to underpin Philippine politics for the next six years. Then, in an avalanche of mass amnesia, the voters will once again shoot themselves in the foot by electing BongBong Marcos as the next President and he will continue the family business of exporting plundered hard currency to offshore bank accounts. And his mother will be so proud of him.

And given that Cebu City voters have elected the Duterte-wannabe Tomy Osmena as Mayor over the rather more decent Mike Rama, it may be adviseable to avoid that city for a while. Osmena is the guy who actively encourages vigilantes and has told the Police that he will pay a reward of Php 50,000 for every criminal they shoot dead or Php 5,000 if only wounded. He's a nationalist and volubly dislikes foreigners - the last time he was Mayor, he was quoted as saying that foreigners arriving at Mactan airport should be divested of their cash and immediately put on the next flight out. He was not joking.

Cronyism and nepotism will continue to continue to underpin Philippine politics for the next six years. Then, in an avalanche of mass amnesia, the voters will once again shoot themselves in the foot by electing BongBong Marcos as the next President and he will continue the family business of exporting plundered hard currency to offshore bank accounts. And his mother will be so proud of him.

the last time he was Mayor, he was quoted as saying that foreigners arriving at Mactan airport should be divested of their cash and immediately put on the next flight out. He was not joking.

Its more fun in the philippines
    They are all vying for top crook,and anyone who thinks duterte will wipe out nepotism in pinas is delusional,its endemic,its in their genetic DNA fabric.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Sal Panelo - a man who absent-mindedly posted pictures of Duterte having dinner with Gloria Arroyo a few days before the election - minus the neck brace that she sports in public - on his Twitter feed.
    So what!?! ... ... he's entitled to dine with whoever he wants. Similarly, I'm pleased to learn Gloria Macapagal Arroyo chose to forsake wearing the neckbrace which you've decided to mention here ... for some obscure reason best known to yourself. Suggests to me her spirits were lifted at the [imminent] prospect of being freed from the extremely stressful hell on Earth the Aquino Administration had put her through these past 5 years or so.

Osmena is the guy who actively encourages vigilantes and has told the Police that he will pay a reward of Php 50,000 for every criminal they shoot dead or Php 5,000 if only wounded.
    Oh well ... as long as his methods actively discourage the criminal fraternity, ........................................ then 's fine by me ... more power to his elbow!

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Its more fun in the philippines
    They are all vying for top crook,and anyone who thinks duterte will wipe out nepotism in pinas is delusional,its endemic,its in their genetic DNA fabric.
    ... NONSENSE! Allow me to quote Duterte's facebook affirmation:

"All applicants for vacated positions will be made public in the newspapers.

Therefore, DO NOT call me; DO NOT lobby anyone on me; Every hire should be on merit. If anyone comes with an endorsement letter from a Senator or Congressman, then wala ka na. If a Senator or Congressman calls me, again it's ... wala ka na."

...................... Signed by the man himself.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater ...

... then tell me that's ^ being delusional.

Oh well ... as long as his methods actively discourage the criminal fraternity, ........................................ then 's fine by me ... more power to his elbow!
    The justice system here is corrupt and cannot function as it should...Now with the new President people will think its just fine to take the law into their own hands..Perhaps it is..Perhaps it isn't but looks like its already started..Here`s a vid of a couple of angry guys getting some instant justice after capturing a motorbike thief..
    Perhaps we should have a separate thread with videos like this..See how many we can collect over a year period as the Philippines fights crime more directly... It could be entitled..The vigilante justice video thread?

O dear, I hope he will learn his lesson, but what happens if there is a gun or knife next time

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    O dear, I hope he will learn his lesson, but what happens if there is a gun or knife next time
    Well this was just a bike thief so fortunately no guns or knives.. Last year I attended a funeral of a Foreigner that was shot for the 50K he was carrying to pay his workers.. Very sad day that.
    They were never caught but if they had of been then Guns and knives would have been fine by me.

War on drugs began I see..

11 drug suspects take ‘walk of shame’ in Batangas

http://beta.philstar.com/headlines/2...me-in-batangas

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Always take a gun to a knife fight,thats my top tip for the day anyone who advocates mob justice obviously hasnt seen it in real life,its ugly,its like a fire and the violence is the oxygen,it flares up and takes on a life force of its own,the mob are orchestrated by a few excessively bloodthirsty cruel individuals,they forget their morals and social inhibitions,horrible as the victim can become the chosen one just on someones word,if pinas becomes a free for all justice system like the wild west with mobs meteing out "justice" its tourism will suffer,its a stupid country that offers a bounty for criminals when the biggest lawbreakers are the lawmakers themselves
    It isnt being delusional arthur,its being naieve to think duterte will not countenance cronyism,i know personally a barangay captain who is a friend of his,their child is his grandson,the family syphon off icash left right and centre from whatever deals they are involved in,Davao isnt as clean as its made out,i hear of crimes whenever i phone a family member who is quite high up in the police farce (freudian slip),i said it before i will say it again,if you cant clean up a city you cant clean up 7107 islands many of who owe you no loyalty whatsoever

Therefore, DO NOT call me; DO NOT lobby anyone on me; Every hire should be on merit. If anyone comes with an endorsement letter from a Senator or Congressman, then wala ka na. If a Senator or Congressman calls me, again it's ... wala ka na."

It simply MUST be true if its on facebook duterte is the same as the rest,time will show,pinoy politics is as dirty as a ermita whorehouse bedsheet

Page not found,did it ever exist or maybe he had second thoughts

Tawi ... my wife is from Davao and, believe me, she knows - better than most - exactly what it was like there back in the 1980s before Duterte became its civic chief and organised a gradual, yet painstakingly thorough clean up of the city and its environs ... ... end of story!

How else do you imagine I'd know so much about it otherwise?

I was in davao late 80's arthur,lived there for a while,been thwre most years since,i have seen the city in all shades,time,wait........

6 people shot this morning in bajada davao,clean city?

Thread Information