Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dating site

Dating site

Any good recommendations for dating sites, i know a lot of the them are scams

Many thanks

Deck

It's hard to recommend dating sites because of the amount of scammers and there's not one that doesn't suffer its fair share. For what it's worth I've used Cherry Blossoms, International Cupid and Filipino Cupid in the past.

any success?

Trusted Member
    I met my Mrs through 'dateinasia'. (Free site, just be careful of the transvestites and prostitutes. Plenty of nice girls on there too).

Quote Originally Posted by deckard97f View Post
    any success?
    I have had success meeting women off dating sites but many men do if they're prepared to travel to the Philippines. That's the easy part.

But to define success properly IMO would involve being married to a Filipina until your dying days and for her to make you blissfully happy.

I'm not even a fraction there, currently.

I thought this was a dating site

Keith thinks so too but there's hardly any women here. It's just a male orientated forum who like Oriental women.

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    Keith thinks so too but there's hardly any women here. It's just a male orientated forum who like Oriental women.
    No denying that

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    You make it sound like a cattle market. The fact is that most of us here have already wives, girlfriends and families with our 'oriental women'
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    I thought this was a dating site
    Oh good, maybe after 20 years it's time to trade in my old model for a newer one....

Thats whats happening me or rather she is trading me in after 10 years

Anyway i am only 44 s time to start again

Deck

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    You make it sound like a cattle market. The fact is that most of us here have already wives, girlfriends and families with our 'oriental women'
    So none of us who have been in a relationship with one, like oriental women?

Righty ho!

Thats whats happening me or rather she is trading me in after 10 years

Anyway i am only 44 s time to start again

Deck
    Sorry to hear that.

Met my wife on Filipino Cupid. Plenty of scammers on there, I just used common sense.
    I was never one for dating sites, actually still haven't told family we met on one. They think we met through facebook.

I was off work sick for a couple of weeks and was so bored I was browsing the internet and accidentally clicked an ad and it opened up Filipino Cupid. I browsed and as they say the rest is history.

Trusted Member
    As you say... common sense.

Why do a lot of ladies on those type of sites demurely hiding their face seem to have a very pronounced five o'Clock shadow

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

The last time I used a dating site was over six months ago but just lately I've been recieving interest via this site to my email address from women worldwide on a daily basis, despite having deleted my profile.

I'm guessing my profile must be still visible but without any content, so I reckon these women must be scammers desperate for anyone.

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    Any good recommendations for dating sites, i know a lot of the them are scams

Many thanks

Deck
    I met my husband on Date in Asia, however there are no recommended dating sites as it will still be depending on the people

Yes i think i know the answer already but am gonna post this

Just joined up in Date in Asia a few days ago started getting on with a girl all very nice etc
    This morning she asks if i can do her a favour

Can i lend her 5k as she would like to fly to be at her daughers birthdayshe works in palawan daoughter lives in manila

I said to her we have just started speaking, she replies get paid on the 30th and can pay u back

I have not even done webcam with her yet

She decided to start skyping me in work were i cannot take the call

My gut tells me this is a scam and yet i want to believe she is genuine

Any advice gratefully accepted although i am pretty sure i know what ur will be saying

Deck

RUN

Just joined up in Date in Asia a few days ago started getting on with a girl all very nice etc

Can i lend her 5k as she would like to fly to be at her daughers birthdayshe works in palawan daoughter lives in manila

I said to her we have just started speaking, she replies get paid on the 30th and can pay u back

Any advice gratefully accepted although i am pretty sure i know what ur will be saying

Deck
    Is it your first time on foreign dating sites? If it is, there's a lot to learn. Number one rule is to never send any money.

And yep, she's a scammer alright!

If she gets paid on the 30th, then that means she was paid 6 days ago

Deck
    This is going to sound rude and for that I apologise. But you are going to go through a lot of heartbreak and a lot of money if you honestly need advice if she is scamming you.
    Like I said in a previous post in this thread, it's all about common sense. Don't let your heart rule your head. You will find the right one, just don't expect it to happen overnight, it rarely does.

Deck
    Follow your gut instinct I have known well into triple figure numbers of filipinas of those 4 of them would have crawled over broken glass for me,nothing was too much problem for them if i was concerned and in all the time i knew them not one ever even hinted she needed cash,they all bought me gifts,one even bought me flights to pinas (admitedly it was from HK) you have to sift a lot of gravel to find a diamond,real genuine women wouldnt stoop to asking you for cash,she is chancing her luck,block her.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

There was one guy used to be on here,chatted to a girl,said she was travelling to work during the maguindanao massacre,took a round through the shoulder (but she would be out of hospital in a couple of days)some of these girls come out with the dumbest of scams.

Just remember this....... never send money, never ever send money, never never never send money. And if they ask you for any money, never send it.

So many reasons will be put to you, like the example from Tawi. Don't let yourself be tempted to send money for any reason. I m sure many members here found their gf's and wives never asked for a penny. So many horror stories. Don't become a statistic.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Trusted Member
    It's par for the course, just block that one and on to the next dozen. Don't start pinning your heart on one straight away. Just be patient and establish friendships... as you would back in the UK. Take your time.

ANY requests for money...next please. There are millions of nice decent girls in the Phils who would be too proud anyway to ask any favours of you after such a short time.

Also, it should go without saying, please show some respect for the ladies. There are plenty of rude lowlife men on that site too, asking 'good' girls to do cam shows, etc.

I think the consensus is 'DON'T SEND ANY MONEY'....

Quote Originally Posted by Longweekend View Post
    I think the consensus is 'DON'T SEND ANY MONEY'....
    Unless its to me,anyone wanting to unburden themselves of coin of the realm please send it to me as i am saving for a trip to easter island,no amount too big or small
    As for ladies and dating sites,imthink life was much easier in the pre-internet snail mail days

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    It was much better when the Royal Mail was involved in relationships, more exciting waiting for the mail and to find the first photo's, good happy moments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information