Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dating site

I think todays instant access relationship is like instant coffee,you log onto a site,click like,bang your connected,no kinesics,no pheremones,no electricity as happens when you pass someone in the street and you both hold a gaze for slightly longer than is necessary and you pass each other wondering what if the magic isnt there anymore,or maybe its like a lot of things nowadays,instant magic rather than old fashioned alchemy.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Trusted Member
    ... and a settlement visa cost 40 quid, with no 'extras'.

The scammers that ask for money pretty much early on are the easy ones to detect. It's the clever ones who put you in a false sense of security by not asking for money, need to be kept an eye on. My ex didn't ask for money until over two years. The rest is history.

If I knew what I know now, six years ago, I probably would have chickened out. I'm part of the furniture now, and I actually don't regret dating abroad. It's been fun.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    ... and a settlement visa cost 40 quid, with no 'extras'.
    Yes, that's true

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    It was much better when the Royal Mail was involved in relationships, more exciting waiting for the mail and to find the first photo's, good happy moments
    Thank you for the rep whoever it was Got my second Silver Star

My mate did it the Royal Mail way. Several decades on he's still happily married to his Pinay wife.

Congrats on your second star Michael.

All that's missing is the speech.

Always ask to go on cam if they refuse they are upto no good so reject .my girl never asked me for a single peso ,I met her on tagged .com 6 years later still going strong.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    Always ask to go on cam if they refuse they are upto no good so reject .my girl never asked me for a single peso ,I met her on tagged .com 6 years later still going strong.
    ... As long as they have a strong enough signal for Skype, etc.

My Mrs was able to, no problem when she was living in Manila, but out in the deepest province (where she is now)... no chance.

Trusted Member
    It was much better when the Royal Mail was involved in relationships, more exciting waiting for the mail and to find the first photo's, good happy moments

I still have the very first letter (and photos) received from my Filipina ex... almost 26 years ago now, plus a copy of the first one I sent to her.

It took a month for the mail 'round trip'... and back then it was £1 a minute on the phone. The call had to be prearranged of course since no 'ordinary' people had landlines in their houses. In fact her village had neither phones nor TV.

Date in Asia, and have been happy ever since

I would think the best way today is to have a holiday and your bound to meet someone

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    My mate did it the Royal Mail way. Several decades on he's still happily married to his Pinay wife.

Congrats on your second star Michael.

All that's missing is the speech.
    I did it the Royal Mail way with my ex, the best days of my life

My ex never asked for a penny from me in the 21 years we were together, but Maritess started asking at the beginning, University fees, a brand new Motorbike, clothes, make up, hairdressers, eating out, her cousins school fees ect ect

Harlene never asks me for a penny, never has. Infact what she earns from her job is hers. I earn enough to pay the mortgage and bills and we eat out regularly.
    She will go out when I am am work and buy shopping from her money if we need something. She sends money home to the family every so often, but she works for it so I really don't mind her sending money home. But she does understand that one day we may not be in the position we are now financially, and we may need to use her money as well my own to get by every month.

I would think the best way today is to have a holiday and your bound to meet someone
    Yep. A month or two over there and meet as many as possible. Compare them against each other but not solely by looks.

Better strategy than to focus on just one off a dating site I reckon. Eggs, basket and all that.

How things change in such a short time, maybe i was lucky like a few on here,
    Chatting to a few on line and thinking i was falling in love too, but that was my willy and not my brain telling me my thoughts,
    Then one day along comes Emma, she was different , interesting and after nearly 2 years of talking we meet face to face, the rest is history,
    Emma never asked for anything from me at all, but it is obvious that i did pay for her airfares and visas and so on , but since being here she has saved and has paid for the house to be built over in the Philippines , we have joint savings and our own savings too,
    Life is very good for us both and we are deeply in love too, she means everything to me,
    Our only problem is the family, i have mellowed but Emma has become firmer so i see that as a good thing, its all about working together and talking together , Money does not buy you love or happiness in the long run it makes you broke and alone

Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    Harlene never asks me for a penny, never has. Infact what she earns from her job is hers. I earn enough to pay the mortgage and bills and we eat out regularly.
    She will go out when I am am work and buy shopping from her money if we need something. She sends money home to the family every so often, but she works for it so I really don't mind her sending money home. But she does understand that one day we may not be in the position we are now financially, and we may need to use her money as well my own to get by every month.
    Never eaten out in the UK, apart from Fish & Chips once

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Chatting to a few on line and thinking i was falling in love too, but that was my willy and not my brain telling me my thoughts,
    Eloquently put, Steve

Our only problem is the family
    Which one?

Eloquently put, Steve
    It was like seeing all these sweets in a candy shop and they was all calling me, all so tasty and mouth watering ,
    Then i woke up and realized that those tempting sweets was going to cost me thousands ,

Which one?
    My family treats Emma is better then me, now whats that about,
    The immediate family over in the Phils seems to be fine NOW, but you never let your guard down

It was like seeing all these sweets in a candy shop and they was all calling me, all so tasty and mouth watering ,
    Then i woke up and realized that those tempting sweets was going to cost me thousands ,
    It's easy to get sucked in but like you said before, think upstairs and not downstairs

It's easy to get sucked in but like you said before, think upstairs and not downstairs
    Many of us have been there and some have fell into the traps too, it dont take long to realize what is happening , but some cant and dont want to wake up from Honey i love you but tell me your name again

Thats true michael,my nephew has just bought 2 dozen oysters fresh from the sea from a guy in lazi,he is having a romantic evening in salagdoong with a very pretty girl....from france
    Its always best even in pinas who earns more cash than yourself

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Many of us have been there and some have fell into the traps too, it dont take long to realize what is happening , but some cant and dont want to wake up from Honey i love you but tell me your name again
    One of the biggest traps is when a scammer's objective is to get a guy to fall in love with her as soon as possible. After that it's all over for the forseeable future. She's got him by the balls.

Well i have sid no and she backed off for the moment, lets c what hsppens

Deck

Move on, mate. Even if she's still 'interested' she'll come up with another tale sooner or later.

Are you bringing your lady back to the UK Graham ?

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    Are you bringing your lady back to the UK Graham ?
    I hadn't planned to at this stage mate. Probably won't be able to afford to meet the govt. requirements anyway after I've retired. I'll just keep hopping back and forth for the time being, while getting our house build underway.

Well there is always the SS route what I'm doing its the only way I can get her in as I don,t earn the 18600 on paper .the process is a bit drawn out but come to far to give up now.I just need a part time job to meet the requirement. She and the daughter are allowed to work which will help to pay our expenses.Ireland is expensive to live ,can't believe food prices here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information