Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Angry Should Use Of Mobile Phones Be Allowed In Cinemas?

... absolutely NOT! ... I find the style of today's movie productions difficult enough to follow without any added distractions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36059244 ...

's yet ANOTHER notion dreamt up by our friends "across the pond".

Thankfully, the 's been *thrown out here in - and elsewhere - in the same way as anyone caught even attempting such a stupid, inane practice ought to *be too.

It amazes me how many people young and old are always checking there phone, how the hell did we manage before these was around,

I at my age of 71 can well remember life when we never had a landline phone at home and would need to go down the road if someone was ill and needed a Doctor.

It amazes me to see young people wandering along not looking where they are going because they have there eyes on their phone in case they miss something
    Mick.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    I will never understand why people are so hooked on mobile phones, I think it's so rude and very bad mannered that they are used everywhere in public places. No one speaks to real people in a proper manner they have their nose stuck in a phone, it's only a phone after all, no one used to stick their ear to the phone when we only had landlines unless it was to do with one's job, can't anyone wait until they see one another to have a nice conversation, I use the bus every day after taking the wife to work because to save fuel I leave the car at her work then bus home returning on the bus in the evening to drive her home and when using the bus all the youngsters are stuck in their fancy phones no conversation at all and when retired people are on the bus you can hear them chattering away and it's really nice to witness these days because it's a rare event. Hope I've not offended anyone but it's seems such an alien way of life to me!

Quote Originally Posted by mickcant View Post
    I at my age of 71 can well remember life when we never had a landline phone at home and would need to go down the road if someone was ill and needed a Doctor.

It amazes me to see young people wandering along not looking where they are going because they have there eyes on their phone in case they miss something
    Mick.
    I love my landline Mick, just wish it would ring more than two or three times a year, whenever I'm asked for my phone number ( which is never ) I would give my landline number every time Btw, my Nokia C1 only rings that many times also

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    I will never understand why people are so hooked on mobile phones, I think it's so rude and very bad mannered that they are used everywhere in public places. No one speaks to real people in a proper manner they have their nose stuck in a phone, it's only a phone after all, no one used to stick their ear to the phone when we only had landlines unless it was to do with one's job, can't anyone wait until they see one another to have a nice conversation, I use the bus every day after taking the wife to work because to save fuel I leave the car at her work then bus home returning on the bus in the evening to drive her home and when using the bus all the youngsters are stuck in their fancy phones no conversation at all and when retired people are on the bus you can hear them chattering away and it's really nice to witness these days because it's a rare event. Hope I've not offended anyone but it's seems such an alien way of life to me!
    NO, I'm certain you won't have offended anyone here, Michael ... the people
    you're referring to are so bound up with what's on the screen of their mobile phones - including their [usually badly~worded] text messages - they're like zombies ... ... whom I cannot imagine reading this thread.

Sit in a pinoy cinema,any pinoy cinema and listen for the ringtones,chatting,or watch the display screens light up while txt'ing

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Sit in a pinoy cinema,any pinoy cinema and listen for the ringtones,chatting,or watch the display screens light up while txt'ing
    Yep.
    Anywhere !!!!

Church Mass ...............Many cellphones in action even the priest will say please turn off.

I wonder hown many of these folks are just pretending they have friends or as I suspect (by observation) are just playing some game.....

Whichever way, it just confirms my view that the majority of Filipinos have a severe lack of cultural development

There was the infamous cebu doctors scandal years ago where the surgeons and operating technicians even too their cell phones into theatre with them.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Yep.
    Anywhere !!!!

Church Mass ...............Many cellphones in action even the priest will say please turn off.

I wonder hown many of these folks are just pretending they have friends or as I suspect (by observation) are just playing some game.....

Whichever way, it just confirms my view that the majority of Filipinos have a severe lack of cultural development
    You couldn't have said it better

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    NO, I'm certain you won't have offended anyone here, Michael ... the people
    you're referring to are so bound up with what's on the screen of their mobile phones - including their [usually badly~worded] text messages - they're like zombies ... ... whom I cannot imagine reading this thread.
    I wonder why Arthur?

Trusted Member
    Certainly not !

Our whole lives are governed by the damned things these days.

It's pretty pathetic if people can't manage a couple of hours without their phone, let alone selfishly disturbing others when texting or blabbing into them.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Certainly not !

Our whole lives are governed by the damned things these days.

It's pretty pathetic if people can't manage a couple of hours without their phone, let alone selfishly disturbing others when texting or blabbing into them.

Love it

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... absolutely NOT! ... I find the style of today's movie productions difficult enough to follow without any added distractions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36059244 ...

's yet ANOTHER notion dreamt up by our friends "across the pond".

Thankfully, the 's been *thrown out here in - and elsewhere - in the same way as anyone caught even attempting such a stupid, inane practice ought to *be too.
    It gets worse.

Augsburg in Germany have introduced traffic lights on pavements to protect mobile phone texters.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...-protect-text/

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    It gets worse.

Augsburg in Germany have introduced traffic lights on pavements to protect mobile phone texters.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...-protect-text/
    How sad, let them get run over

Trusted Member
    To be fair, lots of facilities are in place to help the disabled and other groups... and if the teenager had been our child...

Found that really funny

How sad, let them get run over
    After reading the Telegraph story, do away with mobile phones, period. Many fatalities on the roads are caused by people being careless with phones, remove the problem

After reading the Telegraph story, do away with mobile phones, period. Many fatalities on the roads are caused by people being careless with phones, remove the problem
    That's not going to happen though.

I see drivers texting all the time and only the other day somebody went into the back of me. They were adjacent to me at traffic lights in a lane for turning right while I was in a lane going straight on. Figure that one out. They drove off too but fortunately my vehicle wasn't damaged unlike theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    That's not going to happen though.

I see drivers texting all the time and only the other day somebody went into the back of me. They were adjacent to me at traffic lights in a lane for turning right while I was in a lane going straight on. Figure that one out. They drove off too but fortunately my vehicle wasn't damaged unlike theirs.
    It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, world Jamie

Thread Information