Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Here Are Three IMPORTANT Events For Me In 2016

Placed in ascending order ... as follows:

Firstly, there're the Scottish Parliamentary Elections. Those are on Thursday May 5 ... and - being a Scot - I'm, naturally, keen that the most votes go to the candidates likely to BEST govern my native country.

Secondly ... as an equally~proud Brit, I feel our nation is more than capable of "going it alone". Therefore, in June, I shall be voting for to leave the EU.

Thirdly - and MOST IMPORTANTLY - as the husband of a Filipina, I genuinely want to see the Philppines' restored to being the proud nation I am led to believe it once was, back in the early 1960s ... when the Rate of Exchange was 2Php=1 US$, its GDP exceeded that of Singapore in the days prior to the premiership of Lee Kuan Yew - while the latter was [still] Capital city of Malaysia - and its Economy next in line to that of Japan.

Any foreigner who has read about the Philippines is bound to be aware of its bountiful natural resources ... ... and that is just one of the reasons, I want to see the nation's hard~working *farmers get the [fair and proper] deal *they richly deserve.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....bato-Shootings ... here.

But, ALL this - and more - CAN be accomplished again, through strong leadership. ... do bear that in mind next month, when the nation goes to the polls.

Strong leadership, thats the worry Arthur, who can lead us , i cannot think of any of the idiots who could do that,
    But i am with you on voting out of Europe

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Strong leadership, thats the worry Arthur, who can lead us, i cannot think of any of the idiots who could do that,
    But i am with you on voting out of Europe
    Yes, , Steve, But most IMPORTANTLY, my message is aimed at our Filipino friends ... urging them to put their 'X' against the name of the ONE and ONLY candidate I truly believe to be fully capable of providing that leadership. NONE other than Rody Duterte!

Lots of cars and trucks showing the reg plate

DU30

T shirts too.

Ems got me to do a message on youtube for this chap,i miss heard her and i said the turkey

Ems got me to do a message on youtube for this chap, i misheard her and i said the turkey
    ... nice one, Steve!

Ems got me to do a message on youtube for this chap, i misheard her and i said the turkey
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... nice one, Steve!
    You see ... you're obviously feeling better already! ... must be all that TLC Em's been giving you.

Trusted Member
    An interesting blog, Arthur .

For the Scottish Parliamentary Elections, as you say, may the best candidates win .

The EU Referendum debate seems to have less facts than judgements but on balance I would also favour " Brexit " .

I’m not qualified to become involved in the Philippines Elections.

However, you’re correct that until the beginning of the 1960s, there were 2 pesos " pegged " to 1 US $. Thereafter, then-President Macapagal allowed the peso to " float " on the free currency market, its value sinking in that decade to around 6 / US $. After Ninoy Aquino’s assassination in 1983 the value of the peso dived to 20 / 1 US $ in a few years, and to 27 / 1 by the turn of the decade. By 2000 it had fallen to 40 / 1 US $, and then to over 50 / 1. From 2005 it strengthened overall in value..
    Today we can expect around 46 pesos / US $.

The success of Singapore as a thriving global financial hub, stability and security owes much to the late Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew, first elected in 1959, whose eldest son, Lee Hsien Loong is current Prime Minister. It has never been " Capital City of Malaysia ".

In 1963 Singapore briefly joined Sabah and Sarawak in combining with Malaya ( independent from Britain, under Tunku Abdul Rahman, since 1957 ) to form Malaysia ; it withdrew from Malaysia in 1965. Some " Brexit " supporters use Singapore as a shining example of success through independence. The capital of Malaysia has always been Kuala Lumpur ( before that, also capital of Malaya, and the Federated Malay States since 1896 ).

Steve ... I was fortunate in being able to view the video clips that you posted yesterday, featuring one of your goodself - along with another showing a former member, Penny Barry - and feel it's such a shame you've since deleted those.

... WHY, man? ... I mean, ... be proud of your performance!

Trusted Member
    I was living in Malaya in 1957 (Johor Bahru)... and attending school in Singapore.

My dad was helping to train up the new Malaysian navy.

Come to think of it, didn't the Philippines have less Asian 'competition' in those days ? Japan, Korea and Taiwan (and even Hong Kong) weren't yet 'up to speed' as industrial powerhouses/exporters, let alone Singapore... which was of course a fairly sleepy colonial city back then, with virtually everything supplied by the British.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Steve ... I was fortunate in being able to view the video clips that you posted yesterday, featuring one of your goodself - along with another showing a former member, Penny Barry - and feel it's such a shame you've since deleted those.

... WHY, man? ... I mean, ... be proud of your performance!
    Arthur as you could hear in my voice it was so sore, plus I don't want to be on the hit list from some people on here who may think I was taking the pee, but thank you for the thought of my great performance

Thread Information