Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Help. Adult Dependant Relative Visa Denied

Hello Fabulous People in this forum.

Great Day to all of you.

I would like to seek some information and help or any comments regarding this issue.

I have a friend, her name is Fion (she is Filipina, her Mum is based is UK as a nurse and a citizen there already) she said she applied for a settlement visa under Adult Dependant Relative Visa, she got denied just two days ago.
    I told her to join this forum for it is very helpful and she can get lots of information here, I guess she is very sad at the moment so I told her I will ask for her. Her question is, did she made the right visa application? and if she can make an appeal? What could be the most perfect visa application form she can use if ever she will re-apply.

Thank you so much. Any comments, answers, suggestions and information are highly appreciated and I will be glad to tell Fion about this. Thank you so much in advance.

By the way, I am still awaiting for my Spouse Settlement Visa, hopefully this coming week I can have the result. (fingers crossed - I will get granted in God's will )
    Not everything started out as perfect, even diamonds started out as coal...

Ideally, you need to post the exact wording of the refusal here for any meaningful comments/help.

I take it your friend was claiming dependence on her mother, what did she give for here reasons of being dependent ?

......You must be dependent on a parent, grandchild, brother, sister, son or daughter of someone living permanently in the UK.

You must prove that:

- you need long-term care to do everyday personal and household tasks
    - the care you need is not available or affordable in the country you live in
    - the person you’ll be joining in the UK will be able to support, accommodate and care for you
    without claiming public funds for at least 5 years
    - you’re 18 or over

Hello Terpe, thank you for the time to look at this case She is over 18, she is 21 years old turning 22 she said. And she said that on the refusal it states

''E-ECDR.2.4. The applicant or, if the applicant and their partner are the sponsor's parent or grandparents, the applicant's partner, must as a result of age, illness or disability require long-term personal care to perform everyday tasks.

E-ECDR.2.5. The applicant or, if the applicant and their partner are the sponsor's parents or grandparents, the applicant's partner, must be unable, even with the practical and financial help of the sponsor, to obtain the requirend level of care in the country where they are living. because-
    (a) it is not available and there is no person in that country who can reasonably provide it; or
    (b) it is not affordable

She said she had a problem on that part of her visa application. And she also have a problem on the financial requirement and that her sponsor didn't meet the financial requirement so she was refused a visa.

She want's to know if she can make an appeal, I told her it is indicated or written on the refusal letter that she received. And she just wants to make another application which can apply to her as a 21 years old daughter of a Filipina settled in the UK. Thank you Terpe

Quote Originally Posted by Raven_Mystique View Post
    Hello Terpe, thank you for the time to look at this case She is over 18, she is 21 years old turning 22 she said. And she said that on the refusal it states

''E-ECDR.2.4. The applicant or, if the applicant and their partner are the sponsor's parent or grandparents, the applicant's partner, must as a result of age, illness or disability require long-term personal care to perform everyday tasks.

E-ECDR.2.5. The applicant or, if the applicant and their partner are the sponsor's parents or grandparents, the applicant's partner, must be unable, even with the practical and financial help of the sponsor, to obtain the requirend level of care in the country where they are living. because-
    (a) it is not available and there is no person in that country who can reasonably provide it; or
    (b) it is not affordable

She said she had a problem on that part of her visa application. And she also have a problem on the financial requirement and that her sponsor didn't meet the financial requirement so she was refused a visa.

She want's to know if she can make an appeal, I told her it is indicated or written on the refusal letter that she received. And she just wants to make another application which can apply to her as a 21 years old daughter of a Filipina settled in the UK. Thank you Terpe
    As I said, if she applies for adult dependent she really needs to be totally dependent on her mother in the way indicated:-
    " ....age, illness or disability that requires long-term personal care to perform everyday tasks and it's not available and there is no person in that country who can reasonably provide it; or
    it is not affordable."

If she appeals against the decision can she provide documentary evidence of her dependence ?

Is she really dependent on her mother in that way ?

She cannot apply to join her mother outside of her own eligibility

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    As I said, if she applies for adult dependent she really needs to be totally dependent on her mother in the way indicated:-
    " ....age, illness or disability that requires long-term personal care to perform everyday tasks and it's not available and there is no person in that country who can reasonably provide it; or
    it is not affordable."

If she appeals against the decision can she provide documentary evidence of her dependence ?

Is she really dependent on her mother in that way ?

She cannot apply to join her mother outside of her own eligibility

Hi Terpe, I told her to take a photo of the refusal letter and send it to me for I said I am asking good people here in the forum who can advise her through me. She have a job, she's been away from her Mum for 16 years, so I think she can't really make an appeal because she can't show evidences of dependence, plus she is living with her Grandma and some cousins and they have a good life and big house in Bicol. so it is really not the visa she is qualified to apply for. She might be switching or make a new application for a student visa. I told her, she should obtain ideas or gain information first before she submit application so it wont lead to another refusal. Thanks Terpe

Trusted Member
    From what you have written, the young lady does not come within a country mile/kilometer of qualifying for a dependent visa.

She needs to read the forms thoroughly before applying for any visa. Sorrreee !

hi grahamw48 yes, she admit that she really don't know what type of visa she submitted. I told her next time she apply for a UK Visa make sure she knows the visa type, the requirements she needs and make sure its the right one. Because it's really hard to earn money and waste it just because of the wrong visa category. Sadly.

Thread Information