Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Like Science Fiction Nightmare", Say Christian Bakers In Gay Marriage Case

Pair insist they'd do it again ... and I, for one, admire them for sticking to their guns.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...cake-case.html

... lest anyone should think I am homophobic, I'm NOT, ... I simply adhere to the traditional view that marriage is intended to be between two people of the opposite gender.

Good for them, if they don't like poofs then it's their prerogative not to serve them

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    I think gays and lessie's have a serious brain problem because something's not right, just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... lest anyone should think I am homophobic, I'm NOT, ... I simply adhere to the traditional view that marriage is intended to be between two people of the opposite gender.
    Correct Arthur

So if you had children or grand children and they came to tell you they where gay, would you still think they have a brain problem ,
    Being the father of a gay son you see things different from someone who has no idea , live and let live i say, but like you its just my opinion

Difficult decision when it affects you, one just hopes that your offspring follow the usual route......

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    I have gay friends and relatives and I don't think they have serious brain problems. They're just normal people with different preferences like everyone else. I'd be happy to have them as company than be with people judging others' lives through their gender preferences.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by Longweekend View Post
    Difficult decision when it affects you, one just hopes that your offspring follow the usual route......
    Thats the problem these days what is the usual route, times are indeed changing,
    Most of our parents married and lived together no matter what, till death do us part and it does still happen , but look at some of us , 2/3 or even more wives , older wives , younger wives ,
    I use to say when i was in the Phils , look at them he is old enough to be her dad, even grandad, and Ems use to say, AS LONG AS THEY ARE HAPPY WHAT HAS IT TO DO WITH OTHERS, WISE WOULDS,
    I now live by that , what has it got to do with others

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    I have gay friends and relatives and I don't think they have serious brain problems. They're just normal people with different preferences like everyone else. I'd be happy to have them as company than be with people judging others' lives through their gender preferences.
    Indeed

BOTH Steve and Rayna have raised s. NONE of us ... ... after all, is given the choice as to our [inate] sexual orientation.

... in other words, individual sexual preferences are inborn! Because of this, of course, I'm fully aware there will always be those who "bat the other way", so to speak. Although relieved to be totally heterosexual, I am equally conscious of the expression, "there but for the grace of God, go I!" Therefore, if I discovered I had a close relative who turned out to be gay, it certainly wouldn't mean I'd love that person any the less.

Having said as much, I still maintain that sanctioning 'gay marriage' is a step too far.

I hope I've managed to make myself clear.

Thank you Arthur,
    I was not getting at you at all about this thread, and i also say what these people stood up for is right too,
    Its the silly remarks that gays and lessies have something wrong with them , silly words

It's about discrimination and nothing else. The couple in question should be allowed to sell or not sell to who they wish.
    To put it into perspective I'm going to find a Muslim owned cake shop and order a Christening cake, with the words welcome to the Christian world on it. I wonder if I'll be served or more to the point will the shop owners be taken to court when they don't serve me

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    It's about discrimination and nothing else. The couple in question should be allowed to sell or not sell to who they wish.
    To put it into perspective I'm going to find a Muslim owned cake shop and order a Christening cake, with the words welcome to the Christian world on it. I wonder if I'll be served or more to the point will the shop owners be taken to court when they don't serve me

I agree too, you should be allowed to say no, I am sure there will be someone else prepared to help you further down the road

Sadly I wasn't able to give you a rep but I'll owe you one. A truly sensible post among some downright nastiness.

Thanks for the rep Marco, and I get that too, must pass reps around

I can't say I'm surprised that these people were taken to court. After all, in this day and age in the UK, if you're either gay, muslim, or originate from Angola, you have more rights than anyone else. The rest of us don't deserve to have rights and beliefs it seems.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    Sadly I wasn't able to give you a rep but I'll owe you one. A truly sensible post among some downright nastiness.
    Thanks Marco..I can't just grasp the hate towards gays/lesbians around here..among the other things.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Having said as much, I still maintain that sanctioning 'gay marriage' is a step too far.
    Do you also feel the same way about Civil partnerships?

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    I just wish the world only had the, so called ‘problem’ of there being homosexuals, as long as my right not be be one is respected and I am not forced to support views and lifestyles which I do not wish to do so.

In the case of the bakers: I see it should be one’s right to serve people, be friends with or not, etc anyone you do not want to associate with.

I live in Spain, I don’t want a law which says the Spanish must like me. If they do that’s great if not, so what and I will continue not, at every opportunity, to shove my proclivities down their throats, insisting they have to accept them.

I have a gay brother,believe me he brings joy to our family.he is unique and have this ability to make everyone smile/laugh in his effortless way.i love gays and I think they deserve a fair respect like every men and women get.Thats my opinion.

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mendoza82 View Post
    I have a gay brother,believe me he brings joy to our family.he is unique and have this ability to make everyone smile/laugh in his effortless way.i love gays and I think they deserve a fair respect like every men and women get.Thats my opinion.
    Don't you think we have lost the plot ?

We should not respect people, because they are gay, black, tall, short, stupid etc. If we respect them because of their differences we are discriminating for or against them, instead of just accepting them as fellow human beings who we like or don't like.

Thanks Marco..I can't just grasp the hate towards gays/lesbians around here..among the other things.
    Strange, I've seen no hate shown towards anyone.
    Just a personal view which didn't express any emotion of hatred

There are lots of people in this world and maybe there are a few people on this forum who are lets say not the norm, but does that make us any different from each other, we all breath and we all will one day die,
    Like you say Simon it was a personal view but it did say he thinks that gays and lessies have a brain problem,
    I could not stay quite on this at all and i dont think anyone who has a son , daughter or any friend who are different to us so called normal people as they say thats why i replied ,
    My son i love and i am proud of him , he works hard saves hard , drinks to much, and has such a gathering of great friends girls and boys he is just amazing, i see him no different to anyones child,
    Again this is just my opinion just like ever other person on here, but please try to get your facts rights before we start calling someone who maybe is a little different then ourselves

My thoughts too Steve. I know several gay people and some are very good friends, just because I used the term 'poof' doesn't mean I think any less of them. In fact I use this term affectionately to their face. They just laugh as they know I don't mean any offence

instead of just accepting them as fellow human beings who we like or don't like.
    Well said that man

My thoughts too Steve. I know several gay people and some are very good friends, just because I used the term 'poof' doesn't mean I think any less of them. In fact I use this term affectionately to their face. They just laugh as they know I don't mean any offence
    Correct!

And this is what you get Simon, they like to laugh and tell a joke, just like you and me

I watched the tv the other night 24 hours in A&E,
    There was a doctor on there who was gay, infact there seems to be lots of clever people who are different to the norm ,

Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post

We should not respect people, because they are gay, black, tall, short, stupid etc. If we respect them because of their differences we are discriminating for or against them, instead of just accepting them as fellow human beings who we like or don't like.
    Absolutely spot on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information