Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    When my wife arrived in the UK I had to apply for housing benefit until my wife started work and I had to pay full council tax also they gave me benefit allowance for two living in the property, it did not affect the rule of NO Recourse To Public Funds as it was me who applied. When she started work all they needed was her first pay date so that they knew when to stop the housing Benefit. Hope this helps and good luck

Quote Originally Posted by lloydegbrick View Post
    Hello all and good morning
    At long last the winter is almost over and there is a lot of spring time in the air
    Lots of flowers and blossoms blooming with new life
    'Oh to be in England in the spring'

Regards
    LG
    Amen to that mate,i have been running in your local park (bushy) this morning,deer and those screechy green parrots everywhere,fantastic place on a spring morning

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

housing benefits plus

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    I'd check your local council web site. I assume you were under a single occupancy and therefore getting a 25% reduction in your council tax (this will vary on a council to council basis), but if you were I'd advise them straight away or once they find out they'll chase you for any back payment due.
    Thank you Simon

I was told to contact imigration to try and find about this first and to look at the rules in regards to the fact that my wife has come to the UK with no income of her own whatsoever.

And to the fact that right now in this moment in time, i don't want my wife to get a job just yet because I am very happy to be able to support us both with my own pension and other allowances that I have of my own

Also it is something to do wirh the DWP as they are the ones that pay for this small part of my housing allowance to help me
    Then to determine how much discount we can still get before I tell Richmond council?

I hope that this message of mine is making myself clear to you?
    Please ask me anything you like to know?
    Also I was hoping someone on here has had some similar experience of there own to share with me?
    Thanks again
    Regards
    LG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information