Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Changing surname in passport at Philippines embassy London

Hi

We want to get Sheina's surname changed now on her passport at the embassy in London now in preparation for the FLR M.

Will they send the old passport back that has the entry clearance visa in?

Is it a good idea to get certified copies done before just in case?

What do we need to take with us when we go?

Do we need an appointment?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    Hi

We want to get Sheina's surname changed now on her passport at the embassy in London now in preparation for the FLR M.

Thanks.
    My guess is they will issue a new passport for the change of name and cancel the old passport BUT give it back to you. This is what happened when my wife had to swear alliegance after gaining British citizenship as she wanted dual citizenship and a filipino passport (in addition to her british passport). Have a look on the Philippine embassy London website and it will give some idea of what you need to do. If your getting a passport buy a pre paid special delivery envelope so they can return your passport to you in the post. The philippine embassy London is a bit of a nightmare, with no appointments so you just queue up having got a ticket number when you go in. Just wait for your number to come up. GET THERE EARLY. You might have to submit your documents and copy them in the morning and have to return later so allow all day. Take ablack pen (biro) and money (change for the photocopy machine) plus i think payments are in cash (no cards). You will need the patience of a saint! http://londonpe.dfa.gov.ph/consular-matters/passport

There is also a frequently asked questions section on the website.

Hi

Thanks.
    Do you have a reason to do it now ?
    Why not after her FLR(M)

Hi terpe.

I thought all the ID had to be in the same name for the FLR M application. If we kept her passport in her maiden name, all the submitted documents will be in the married name.

Am I wrong?

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Hi

Thanks.
    Hiya Phil,

Jamie renewed her passport as it was due for renewal before her FLR (M) and we thought it would be best to do it that way so her BRP would be in her married name which was just our personal preference but it felt good to us if you know what I mean.

Regarding her old passport yes Jamie's was sent back with the new one so no worries about the entry clearance visa.

Take with you the fully completed application form or if you haven't got one then you can fill one out there also obviously her passport and photocopy of data page and if married in the Phils the official marriage certificate authenticated by the NCO plus photocopy as well and also a prepaid special delivery envelope for return of all documents and new passport. (just ask post office for one with 500 gram weight and insured for £500 so you know everything is covered regarding weight insurance ect)

If married outside Phils see Lornas link above.

What I can also remember is its just a walk in service but double check as things might of changed since then and one last thing expect 6 to 8 weeks for processing.

Good Luck...

When I applied for a new passport, they placed 2 holes on my old passport so it won't be use to travel. We didn't book appointment, we just went there and get a ticket and waited to be called. It is very crowded in the hall but I felt very happy as we can see lots of Filipinos.
    Try to call the Philippine embassy if you have other queries. Goodluck.

Quote Originally Posted by Janedan0913 View Post
    When I applied for a new passport, they placed 2 holes on my old passport so it won't be use to travel. We didn't book appointment, we just went there and get a ticket and waited to be called. It is very crowded in the hall but I felt very happy as we can see lots of Filipinos.
    Try to call the Philippine embassy if you have other queries. Goodluck.
    Thats just like what we did , we just turned up got a ticket number and sat i the room.
    Emma loved it talking away with other folk in here language , e i said i will see you later and went of to Trafalgar square with my camera and a hour or so passed and it was all done at the embassy .

Thread Information