Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access) HannahMacdonald's Avatar

Post Fiancee visa advise

Hey guys. So this forum was recommended by a good friend that is helping me with all that's going on with the visa as she is like my personal advisor in all these.. So here goes.

I met my fiance nearly 2 years ago online and he is from Glasgow, we met around Feb of 2014 and we started dating March 1st of the same year, then he flew all the way from Scotland to meet me 9 days after he asked me to be his girlfriend and he stayed here for 2 weeks to meet my family and to get to know me better. During those times, we were already talking about this visa application but since it was still a bit early in our relationship for us to get married because I was 21 and a fresh grad from uni so we both decided to look for jobs first, me here in the PH and him back in UK. Around the end of 2014 was when we decided to finally apply for the fiancee visa and checked all the requirements online. We got everything nearly ticked of our list but the only thing missing is the financial requirement.

So here's the thing about it.. He is going to apply for the buses in Glasgow and he was offered 20000GBP for starters. He will be doing his applications this January and hopefully finish his 2 weeks training before the end of the month of before the 2nd week of February. So like what is said in the requirements it should be 6 months payslip so it has to be around July or August payslip, am I right? And since he is new in this job, will he be able to get his p60 or will the bank statements and payslips suffice the requirements that we will be submitting once completed? And what category are we under for this?

And also, since my fiance is a gamer and a massive one at that, he decided to start his own channel for live streams and let play videos for different games and we all know that they can have income for this as well, will the money he get from this be a help for the financial requirement?

Thank you so much answering this! and it will be much appreciated.
    I'll be putting my contact in my profile if you want to send me any messages regarding this as well.

xxx

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Welcome to our friendly Forum Hannah, I'm sure you will find all you need to know here, good luck!

Hello Hannah, welcome aboard Filipina Roses

Quote Originally Posted by HannahMacdonald View Post
    ......he was offered 20000GBP for starters. He will be doing his applications this January and hopefully finish his 2 weeks training before the end of the month of before the 2nd week of February.
    That's a great start
    So that's going to be enough to meet the Financial Requirement of a gross annual income level at or above £18,600.

So like what is said in the requirements it should be 6 months payslip so it has to be around July or August payslip, am I right?
    Well in principle yes.
    Based solely on the information you've shared in your post your Fiance will need to secure at least 6 months payslips at the date of visa application.

Based solely on the information you've shared I'd suggest keeping things as simple as possible and wait until he has at least 6 months payslips, he'll need to have been employ

And since he is new in this job, will he be able to get his p60 or will the bank statements and payslips suffice the requirements that we will be submitting once completed?
    There's no requirement for a P60 unless it cover the 'relevant period'.
    P60's are a record of income and tax for the UK Tax year which is the 12 months from April 6 2015 to April 5 2016
    Means it's of limited use in proving income in the 6 months prior to application.

For the standard Category A you will need 6 payslips and 6 corresponding bank statements.

I very strongly suggest your fiance arranges to have his bank send him paper statements at a frequency of a least each month to coincide as best he can with him payment date.
    Meeting compliance of UKVI with internet sourced bank statements is highly problematic these days as the banks will not willingly stamp them as authentic.

When it comes to which specific category to apply under, it appears that Category A for Salaried Employment would apply but I can't really advise as it's not clear just what his employment contract is.
    Salaried would mean getting the same basic amount each month.

Please review the specific details in the Financial Requirement

Personally since the income threshold can be met I wouldn't mention anything about income from elsewhere.

Thank you so much for that, now all I have to do is to wait till he gets in so we can complete this part of the application and then get ourselves ready to apply. Keeping my fingers crossed though that there won't be changes with the application.

And Peter, my hubby said thank you for explaining about what he needs to get from the bank. Luckily, he can easily ask that from his bank in Scotland so he won't have any problem with it.

Hey
    I would like to know how this works. When owning your business you wouldn't be able to get the 6 months pay slip and I need that for part of the requirement for the fiancée visa. I would get payed through PayPal or a cheque through mail. I'm working for bus that's fine but I'm also doing youtube and through that they would send me a cheque or through PayPal. Can someone tell me how I would go around that for proof? Would a bank statement do or is there something else I need to do?
    Thanks

-Stephen

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Hey
    I would like to know how this works. When owning your business you wouldn't be able to get the 6 months pay slip and I need that for part of the requirement for the fiancée visa. I would get payed through PayPal or a cheque through mail. I'm working for bus that's fine but I'm also doing youtube and through that they would send me a cheque or through PayPal. Can someone tell me how I would go around that for proof? Would a bank statement do or is there something else I need to do?
    Thanks

-Stephen
    You don't have to worry about that as it starts to get complicated just use your income as a bus driver which is more than needed to meet the financial requirements.

If your solely relying on self employment that would be different as 2 years of accounts are needed.

Stick to your initial employed salary, job done...

Agreed.

As your salary as a bus driver is sufficient to meet the £18.600 minimum requirements then just use that. Just wait until you have the six months payslips and that will be fine.

Hi, for those who applied their fiancé/fianceé visa after April 2015, did you guys paid for NHS the same time you paid your applicaton fee? Thanks.

Thread Information