Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hello from Missouri, USA

Hi.. Glad to be a part of this forum. My name is Jeff and I have been to the Philippines twice. I loved the country as well as all the people. I have been to Manila, Cebu, Davao City, Siquior Island, Bohol, and Tacloban City. I hope to add many places to this list in the future!

You got around quite a bit in 2 visits mate,well done

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Yeah..Well done...And welcome here!

Hi Jeff and welcome to the forum

Hello Jeff, welcome aboard Filipina Roses

Quote Originally Posted by jeff in phils View Post
    Hi.. Glad to be a part of this forum. My name is Jeff and I have been to the Philippines twice. I loved the country as well as all the people. I have been to Manila, Cebu, Davao City, Siquior Island, Bohol, and Tacloban City. I hope to add many places to this list in the future!
    Hello there, Jeff ... you're like me in the number of times you've visited the Philippines. However, other than a couple of trips to the British Embassy in Manila - when applying for my Filipina wife's visa - my travels were more or less confined to within the Davao provinces.

Anyway, to our midst.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ....travels were more or less confined to within the Davao provinces.
    Some of the most beautiful in the Philippines.

Newbie (Restricted Access) Fil/Am Art's Avatar
    Hi and welcome Jeff,
    I too am a newbie on this forum from N. California, but was born in the Philippines NCR of Luzon, but we have permanently retired in the Philippines going on 18 yrs and our retirement lifestyle is still enjoyable and very satisfying.
    We've pretty done all the traveling we wanted to do and about time to stay put in one place, until the the travel bug urges us again to take a trip some place we want to visit and doesn't matter where as long the weather is comfortable, don't like cold weather.

Another one who enjoys travelling the country. Welcome to the forum.

You should visit Laguna, Pagsanjan Falls is the best! Me and my husband went there like 3x..

Just my personal opinion, but I'd suggest that Aliwagwag Falls in Davao Oriental are the most spectacular and most beautiful in all of Philippines.

Does Moringa grow in the U.S.?

Hi.. I enjoyed some "Fish Soup" while I was there and it had moringa in it. I loved it and wish I could find it in the US. However, I haven't had any luck and thought about growing it here. Is there any chance that it can be grown from spring till fall? I live in Southern Missouri so of course it wouldn't grow in the winter months here. I have read about how healthy it is, but I'm afraid I can't enjoy it again until I go back next year :(

Locally we call it Malunggay..I grow it from seed in pots and then plant it in ground near an outside sink drain off.. If the roots have good access to water it grows fast...If planted in a dry location it grows very slow..
    You can also take a cutting from the main stem and just stick it in the ground and it`ll grow..

In regards growing it in the U.S.. It seems you can!

http://moringafarms.com/growing-moringa/

When we lived in Davao we were able to gather as much Malunggay as we wanted. It grew everywhere.
    It's a tropical tree so in principle as long as there's no frost of frozen ground it might just make it.
    If you have a greenhouse so much the better, but it grows real quick and real tall.

We use it all the time in many different dishes not just soup.

Thanks for the information.. I will to see if I can buy some seeds at Amazon.. Sorry for the slow reply. Just have gotten a new computer. They don't sell any seeds around were I live in the U.S., but hopefully I can find them online.. Thanks for letting me know the name that they use there is called Malunggay. That will help in my search If anybody can point me to a website where I can get some that would be great. I could start planting it indoors now and then set it outside once it warms up? I read how "Malunggay" is many times more nutritious than spinach, so I'm really exciting about being able to add it to my diet

Hi there, I'm Yulie & Jeff here

Hello I am from Cebu City Philippines but Living in United States now.

Hello and welcome , hope you are liking living in the States,

A BIG hello from me, welcome to the Forum! :-)

Thanks I am happy to be part of this forum. It's awesome to here.

Hi and welcome

Hi.. I'm the "Jeff" of the "Yulie and Jeff" original post.. Thanks for the greetings Yulie has been here with me in Missouri since July and we are now married. We are trying to pay up bills and get everything in order to return to the Philippines next fall and live there for probably 4 months the first year (and eventually on a permanent basis). She really likes it here in the U.S., even the cold weather! Actually she has been wanting to see snow, but in Southern Missouri we barely had anything at all. We are kind of hoping for one snow fall, but it was 80 degrees here today.. Not sure if that is going to happen! haha..

Emma was amazed when she first seen the snow here in England, but it also brought me back to being a kid too.
    Like Yulie Ems loves the cold weather here to as she says it does not burn you,
    Try to get her to see the snow, maybe even a flight somewhere where there is lots just to say you both have seen it.

Emma was amazed when she first seen the snow here in England, but it also brought me back to being a kid too.
    Try to get her to see the snow, maybe even a flight somewhere where there is lots just to say you both have seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    That's a good idea.. Her birthday is coming up.. Maybe take a road trip headed north somewhere

What Asian Countries Other Than Philippines Have You Visited?

My wife and I will be going back to the Philippines in the fall to visit her family for a month or so. We also would like to visit one or two of the neighboring countries like Vietnam, Cambodia, or Thailand.. Does anybody have any recommendations?

I enjoy Vietnamese and Thai food, but have never eaten Cambodian cuisine before. Any thoughts?

I'm also the type that likes some sort of nightlife entertainment.. Like live music and a fun environment for drinks and fun.

I have heard that you don't need a Visa to go to Thailand? Which countries are a hassle as far as permits or visa applications? Thanks again for the help...

Thanks for any tips and suggestions...

Hi again, Jeff ... I've noticed you've registered with us twice! Initially under your own name on January 7th last year ... and, just recently, using the joint names of your wife & yourself. Therefore, I have merged each of your respective *threads (along with the *posts they've attracted in turn) into one - to avert the possibility of anybody getting confused as to who's who when reading their content.

That's a good idea.. Her birthday is coming up.. Maybe take a road trip headed north somewhere
    Theres around three feet of snow in ottawa at the minute,its -13 with windchill BUT the rideau canal is open for ice skating,its magical skating into the city past parliament building,the stuff memories are made of,she would love it

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

My wife and I will be going back to the Philippines in the fall to visit her family for a month or so. We also would like to visit one or two of the neighboring countries like Vietnam, Cambodia, or Thailand.. Does anybody have any recommendations?

I enjoy Vietnamese and Thai food, but have never eaten Cambodian cuisine before. Any thoughts?

I'm also the type that likes some sort of nightlife entertainment.. Like live music and a fun environment for drinks and fun.

I have heard that you don't need a Visa to go to Thailand? Which countries are a hassle as far as permits or visa applications? Thanks again for the help...

Thanks for any tips and suggestions...
    Asian countries?I have been to most,except bhutan as they wouldnt let me in iran once again refused a visa,havent been to PNG though its on my list,i am in cambodia,thailand,myanmar next month,might also pop into vietnam if theres time,you will like cambodia,angkor wat is great,get your wife a dusk or dawn balloon flight or an elephant ride up to the temple on top of the hill whose name eludes me at the minute but the elephant was an experience,very laid back.

Better add i was refused a bhutanese visa because it had tourist quotas and you had to be part of an organised tour group,i just turned up at the border,iran didnt let me in because it was the early 90's and they werent too friendly to anyone with a brit passport even though i applied in islamabad at their embassy,in neither case was the refusal because i was considered an undesirable

Thread Information