Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Healthy Living Tip

http://www.newhealthadvisor.com/Bene...Hot-Water.html ... it really does make ALL the difference!

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    http://www.newhealthadvisor.com/Bene...Hot-Water.html ... it really does make ALL the difference!
    I was aware Arthur, a very useful tip indeed for those who had no knowledge of such benefits, thank you!

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    It's not 1st April is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post
    It's not 1st April is it ?
    , John ... definitely works ... I can vouch for it!

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    , John ... definitely works ... I can vouch for it!
    Of course, I'll show a recent photo of myself in a day or two just to prove it works

It's a good tip.
    One that the doctors will advise here in the Philippines.
    If you have a cough they will advise hot water with honey

I will be trying this, am I right in thinking that it is best to have just hot water with a touch of lemon, rather than as coffee?
    Mick.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mickcant View Post
    I will be trying this, am I right in thinking that it is best to have just hot water with a touch of lemon, rather than as coffee?
    Mick.
    Mick the hot water with lemon is the myth most discussed on the internet, but it says of course water maybe more palatable with a little lemon.

And of course the acid in the lemon can cause tooth corrosion too !

Mick the hot water with lemon is the myth most discussed on the internet, but it says of course water maybe more palatable with a little lemon.

And of course the acid in the lemon can cause tooth corrosion too !
    Its too late to prevent tooth decay, at 71 I do not have many teeth left
    A lot of mine had root cannels and capes years ago and they then just broke off at gum level!
    I will at some stage, need them all out and have false ones.
    Mick.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mickcant View Post
    Its too late to prevent tooth decay, at 71 I do not have many teeth left
    A lot of mine had root cannels and capes years ago and they then just broke off at gum level!
    I will at some stage, need them all out and have false ones.
    Mick.
    Mick, as a 76 year old, it was the myth about drinking hot water I was making the point on, but as for the lemon, just copied this from internet:-

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/abby-la...b_5588444.html

Does lemon water help flush your organs out and detox your body?

This persistent one angers me. Not only is it untrue, but my friend who is a dentist tells me that he is seeing a lot people with eroded tooth enamel from all the lemon water they're drinking.

Drinking lemon water in the morning adds more acid to your empty stomach, which can cause you to have a gut ache. Moreover, there is nothing miraculous about lemon, especially on the 'detox' front. Drink a glass of lemon water in the morning if you must, but chase it with a glass of plain water to rinse the acid off your teeth. Don't brush your teeth right after drinking lemon water, which will grind the acid further into the tooth enamel, eroding it more.

Mick, as a 76 year old, it was the myth about drinking hot water I was making the point on, but as for the lemon, just copied this from internet:-

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/abby-la...b_5588444.html

Does lemon water help flush your organs out and detox your body?

This persistent one angers me. Not only is it untrue, but my friend who is a dentist tells me that he is seeing a lot people with eroded tooth enamel from all the lemon water they're drinking.

Drinking lemon water in the morning adds more acid to your empty stomach, which can cause you to have a gut ache. Moreover, there is nothing miraculous about lemon, especially on the 'detox' front. Drink a glass of lemon water in the morning if you must, but chase it with a glass of plain water to rinse the acid off your teeth. Don't brush your teeth right after drinking lemon water, which will grind the acid further into the tooth enamel, eroding it more.
    That makes sense, thanks
    Mick.

Trusted Member
    I am 64 and have all my own teeth.

Wish I could say the same about my hair.

I agree with John's dentist.

I drink a glass of plain cold tap water with every meal, followed by a cup of hot coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I am 64 and have all my own teeth.

Wish I could say the same about my hair.

I agree with John's dentist.

I drink a glass of plain cold tap water with every meal, followed by a cup of hot coffee.
    Unlike you, Graham ... I'd [roughly] half of my teeth extracted away back in November 1971 when I was only 27 years' old. Due, seemingly, to my "awkward bite ", or so I was informed by my [then] dental surgeon.

Like you, though ... I've long since parted company with most of my luxuriant, thick dark brown "crowning glory" - of which I had been so proud! - so that much of what remains now (ALL of which has turned white) is [currently] in residence below my lower lip, with perhaps the sole exception of the ginger(ish) fuzz above the upper one.

... yet, at 71 years of age, I'm still considered (by my wife) to be relatively handsome, fit and healthy. Why? Because I follow the advice given to her by a friend: Drink a glass of plain, tepid water (WITHOUT lemon added) before breakfast every morning.

Respected Member
    Unlike you, , I'm still considered (by my wife) to be relatively handsome, fit and healthy. Why? :
    Like my wife, she too has poor sight !!!!!!

Trusted Member
    Water and food are of course essential to life, as the article confirms.

However, some of the claims are anecdotes without good evidence to back them up !

" Promote digestion " - correct ; but either too hot or too cold water has adverse effects, just as a poor diet.

" Detoxify your body " - if " toxins " did build up in a way your body couldn’t excrete ( such as through illness or drugs ), you would need medical interventions. Those promoting products / treatments claimed to detoxify can’t define what they mean by detoxification, let alone the toxins.

" Improve blood circulation " - correct ; just as dehydration has the opposite effect.

" Eliminates fat deposits and other accumulations in the nervous system " - no evidence.

" Slow down aging - hot water flushes out the toxins, repairs skin cells and increases elasticity " - no evidence.

" Ease constipation " - correct.

" Lose weight - boosts metabolism and regulates stomach acids, suppresses unnecessary snacking, prevents bloating and heartburn " - some evidence.

" Maintain healthy skin - can help to deal with skin breakouts and acne " - no good evidence for the latter.

" Relieve coughs " - warm water and honey may indeed provide as much relief as " over-the-counter "remedies, but no evidence of cure.

" Comfort arthritis " - correct ; but again without cure.

The article omitted to mention that 1/10 of the world’s population STILL lacks access to SAFE drinking water ( protected from external contamination ) .

About 9/10 of the Philippines population now has access to safe water, compared to about 100% in the UK ( World Health Organization ). Contaminated drinking water - together with poor sanitation - is responsible worldwide for millions of cases of cholera, diarrhoea, dysentery, hepatitis A, and other diseases, which are especially serious in children under 5. The Philippines has been aware of this for well over half a century :-

We should count our blessings that we can have clean drinking water - however we take it - and adequate sanitation . But global targets ( World Health " Millenium Development Goals " ) have still not been met, especially for sanitation - more people have a mobile phone than a toilet !

Thread Information