Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Exclamation Immigrants Could Be Exempt From English Language Testing As It "Breaches Human Rights", Say Judges

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...an-rights.html

... quite rightly so, ... especially Filipinos, whose medium of instruction is in English from their earliest schooldays.
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 21st November 2015 at 02:05.

Couldnt respond to this post yesterday.

There was no reply box.

Very interesting developments. Wonder how it might affect Filipinos though.

Thats right, i could not reply yesterday either, but it looks like its back up and working well,

The trouble is Arthur , IMMIGRANTS thats the magic word, will our partners/wives be included or could it be a case of just Europe for now

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Thats right, i could not reply yesterday either, but it looks like its back up and working well.
    Yep ... I've got it back "up 'n' running"!

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    The trouble is Arthur, *IMMIGRANTS thats the magic word, will our partners/wives be included? or could it be a case of just Europe for now
    Alas, Steve ... [I think] the term applies to ALL non~Europeans - including our wives and partners - who aren't already naturalised and/or who do not yet have ILR.

Meanwhile, I have "stuck" this thread ... due to at least the slim possibility of its content casting a ray of light on a somewhat grey and dismal subject.
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 7th March 2016 at 22:41.

Absolutely not!
    Come here, you learn the damned language. As this particular forum deals with Philippine partners if anything, it shouldn't have the slightest effect as they're taught in English and will easily pass any of these tests, especially to the initial A1.

Notice also the ones complaining were from - you guessed it - THAT community yet a sodding gain. That same community who has caused the restrictions in the spouse visa process due to decades of abusing the marriage visa system to bring in relatives, where even hard left labour supporters I know bring up the question "why don't they marry from their community already living here"? I know one very left wing woman who has views which Nigel Farage would find hard to say.

Oh and one big reason the requirement to learn english was brought in, was due to that same community from "P" bringing in wives back in the 70's who couldn't speak a word of english, were brought straight to their houses, were pushed into "purdah", virtual slavery and had no hope of escape because they couldn't speak english - how could they ask for help even if they did get out?

If they don't like it - they know where the door is!

Good news of course for our readers(which mostly know some English already) but its going to help the other Asian kind the most .If this holds up it will most likely benefit thousands of Indians Bangladeshis and other minorities(well i use minorities in the loosest of terms as it a seems to be more a majority in some cities/towns)This is going cause so many problems for the Government.They will consult their think tank who to find some way to wriggle out of this one.well at least I hope anyhow.
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 7th March 2016 at 22:57. Reason: Deleting [quoted] reference to a post of MINE ... which I had later decided to remove.

Thread Information