Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Borneo Bistro Sunderland.

In sunderland at the moment visiting a mate,he says i know just the place you would like to eat,he takes me to Borneo Bistro on Hylton Road,absolutely fantastic food,south east asian theme,thai,malay,pinoy,the lady owner is from Zamboanga as is the chef,her husband took me into the kitchens to meet them,they get 4.5 out of 5 on tripadvisor and are ranked number 7 out of several hundred restos in sunderland,the pinoy restos in earls court honestly are second rate and arent a patch on Borneo bistro,food was excellent,lots of it,the place was packed,anyone in sunderland or newcastle do yourselves a favour and pop in

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Passed through Sunderland by rail recently, en route to Newcastle from Hartlepool - where we'd spent a week with my wife's Filipino relatives. It isn't a city I know ... even though I've a cousin who lives there.

Interesting, however, to learn of the *bistro that serves south east Asian fare ... since my wife's niece has a daughter who's in her final year as a student at Sunderland's College of Art. Hmm, ... makes me wonder if she's aware of *it?

Trusted Member
    I used to work all over Sunderland very regularly once upon a time, but a bit far away from me now.

If I can use my bus pass though... maybe pop in there, or get my sister to take me. She lives in Durham... not far off.

Sounds nice , next time we are tup north may try to find it

Thread Information