Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Hello to all

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Question Hello to all

good day to all. my name is Monic, a filipina 40y/o, full time mother as of the moment, i have a British partner and he is currently working in Glasgow. we met at Singapore in july 2012 were we both working there and been together since then. we have a 1y/o son born here in Philippines. me and our son just came back from Glasgow, we stayed there for 6mons (april 2015- oct 2015). My annulment is still on going (we're just waiting for the result so we can get married). I found this site through a filipina friend who is leaving now in Glasgow. i have a question and hoping u could help me. what kind of visa can i apply that we can stay longer until my annulment is done? thank you
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 26th April 2016 at 22:42.

Hello Monic, welcome aboard Filipina Roses

You might want to consider making an application as unmarried partner

To be eligible you need to satisfy the following:-

- You must prove that you and your partner are 18 or over and in a genuine relationship.
    - Have been living together in a relationship for a minimum of 2 years and provide full documentary evidence of this
    - Prove that any previous relationships you or your partner had are permanently broken down.
    - Have suitable accommodation available for you, your partner and child
    - Satisfy the UKVI English language requirements
    - Have a valid TB test certificate
    - Sponsor to satisfy the UKVI financial requirement of minimum £18,600 per year.

I guess your child already has a British Passport ?

If there are any problems to meet all requirements at this time then really you have no other option but application for a max 6 months visit visa. Do be aware that this may not be granted but at least the cost is low and the decision is quick.

Take a look here and follow all relevant links:-

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Hi Monic, welcome to the Forum and good luck with your quest, please keep us posted with your progress!

thanks for the replies. another question is what do u mean by Prove that any previous relationships you or your partner had are permanently broken down? my annulment is still on going, waiting for the judge decision. ive been seperated with my ex year 2008 and met my partner now year 2012. thank you

btw, our son still holding Philippines passport. we haven't apply for British passport until i get my annulment. coz we read in some forums that you can only apply British passport for your child if the mother is not married, so we're waiting for my annulment to be granted.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by monic914 View Post
    btw, our son still holding Philippines passport. we haven't apply for British passport until i get my annulment. coz we read in some forums that you can only apply British passport for your child if the mother is not married, so we're waiting for my annulment to be granted.
    not sure what u read in forum but seems a bit strange -so if you were married to your british partner and ye had another child -ye wouldnt be able to get british passport for that child?

we're not yet married coz im still waiting for my annulment. they said if the mother is married (not to the biological father of the child) the child is not eligible to be british citizen even with the acknowledgement of the biological father and his name is in the child birth certificate. and it also says there that you can apply your child a british passport even u didn't register the birth to the uk home office (just provide the notarised birth certificate with the acknowledgment and signed by the father). so to play safe, we will apply our son's british passport after my annulment. our main concern now is what kind of visa we will apply to stay with him in Glasgow and be together again. thank you

...... our main concern now is what kind of visa we will apply to stay with him in Glasgow and be together again. thank you
    Did you follow the link I provided in my post #2 ?

Do follow all the relevant links given in that webpage.

Given that your child does not hold British Passport the your partner will need to meet the Financial Requirement annual gross income level of £22,400 per year for you and your child.
    If your husband is not able to meet that income level then application for settlement route will not be granted

Regarding the British passport for your child you'd probably have been better advised to secure the passport whilst you were all in UK. As it stands now you'd better to wait until you're back in UK as getting the passport from Philippines will take between 10-12 months at best.

Take at look at the webpage link above and then ask specific questions for clarification on anything that you need help with.

BTW when do you expect your annulment to be completed ?

hopefully early next year. im a bit confused about what kind of visa will apply im sorry. is it "to join family visa" or unmarried visa? what about our son who is holding philippine? please help. thanks

i have another question, what do they mean about "You must prove that any previous relationships you or your partner had are permanently broken down." ? because my annulment is still on going, what proof i can present to prove that my previous marriage was already gone. I'm separated in 2009 then i met my partner now in 2012 and filed my annulment last september 2013 so now I'm just waiting for the decision.

The link I provided before will help you to understand most of the requirements.
    Here's the link again:-
    https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview

Yes that is the UKVI webpage for those people wanting to 'Apply to join family living permanently in the UK'
    So that webpage applies to both you and your child.

If you look under item 6 'Apply' you'll see that from the Philippines the application is made online.
    So you'll be 'filling out' the form online. As you work through the form there'll be a number of options to select via drop-down-menus and you'll need to select the option that applies to you.
    So you'll be able to select the correct Visa Type for you and your child once you have completed the previous Mandatory Online fields.

The specific Visa Type will of course depend on your marital status at the time of application.
    But in principle

You and your child will each need an application. You'll be the one to complete the application for your child.

If you'd like to make some practice runs and get a feel for the online application and various drop-down menus
    then follow this link

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/

In the menu for select visa type the reason for visa will be 'settlement'
    Type of visa will be 'settlement'
    The Visa Sub-Type menus will then be displayed and you'll see a visa sub-type as 'unmarried partner' (unless you are married at that time in which case select wife)
    You'll see there is a sub type for child as well/

I'm sure it'll all become clear the more you use it.

Hope that helps at this stage

Hello. Welcome!

i have a question. my visa and my son's visa is from april 08 2015 to april 08 2016 ( family visitors visa- 1yr long term) and we went to glasgow and stayed with my partner ( and father of my son) for 6mons (April- oct 2015). now im starting to complete all the documents required for a new visa type applications (settlement- unmarried visa). my question is, are we allowed to apply this February for a new and different type of visa (to join family visa>settlement >unmarried visa) even we still have existing visa ( family visitors visa >1yr long term visa) . or should we wait until the validity expires on April 2016?
    regards to all.
    thank you

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    i have a question. my visa and my son's visa is from april 08 2015 to april 08 2016 ( family visitors visa- 1yr long term) and we went to glasgow and stayed with my partner ( and father of my son) for 6mons (April- oct 2015). now im starting to complete all the documents required for a new visa type applications (settlement- unmarried visa). my question is, are we allowed to apply this February for a new and different type of visa (to join family visa>settlement >unmarried visa) even we still have existing visa ( family visitors visa >1yr long term visa) . or should we wait until the validity expires on April 2016?
    regards to all.
    thank you
    Your visit visa won't matter coz you are applying for a settlement visa, a different type.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

my name is Monic, a filipina 40y/o, full time mother
    Hello, Monic ... I would like, first of all, to commend you for being a *full-time mother.

's *such a rare - and admirable - quality these days. Way too many young women leave their kids to be cared for by childminders. Which, IMO, is far from ideal!

Having voiced my opinion, may I also you [belatedly] to our friendly Filipina Roses forum ... and wish you the very BEST of luck with your plans.

another question. do my briush partner need to fill up the sponsorship form? or just write a cover letter as a supporting docs.

thank you

i have all the documents for unmarried visa except for flight ticket.... do i need to book a ticket now? do i need with return ticket? and also do i need to have bank statement? bcoz i already closed it when i went to uk last year so now i dont have bank account. my partner send me money's tru western union.

please help. i will make book my appointment to vfs next week.

thank you

Respected Member
    Something I was warned on partner visa you should not have been more than 3 months apart.
    also utility bills in joint names ect and joint bank accounts are highly useful

Thread Information