We have just had the news that our spouse visa was granted.

So I wanted to share our experience and what we submitted to help others.

The pre requisites for our application was that I was working and earned over £18,600 and have a mortgage on my own place. We sorted the ielts first as it has two years validity and then TB test as it only has six months validity.

Documents submitted:

*Passport sized photo of applicant. (if you use the VIP service you get photos included)

*Visa online Application Form VAF4A - Personal Details

*Supporting Letters (both from sponsor and applicant)

*TB test Certificate – Applicant

*Marriage Certificate (NSO certified as married in the Philippines)

*IELTS Life Skills B1 Certificate –Applicant (A1 is good enough for spouse visa but we went for B1)

*VAF4A-Appendix2 financial requirement Form

*Sponsor - Bank Statements (6 Months minimum)

*Sponsor - Letter from Employer (Stating job title, Length of employment, Salary, Type of employment)

*Sponsor - Payslips/P60 (6 Months minimum)

*Sponsor - Accommodation details (Land registry document, Letter from Bank re mortgage, Council tax bill)

*Sponsor - Certified Passport pages (Bio page and stamps from Philippines)

*Sponsor - Copy of Birth Certificate

*Evidence of Relationship (photos, chat logs, skype calls, emails, Letters and cards) - Original photos printed on photo paper. Some photos of each visit with identifiable landmarks, some with family members. Some of pre nuptial shoot and wedding.

*Travel/receipts - E tickets, Boarding passes. Engagement ring receipt, Wedding ring receipt. Hotel receipts.

*World remit receipts - to show I had been supporting my wife.

*Applicant - Affidavit of loss of previous passport. My wife had lost her passport and on the Visa4uk application it asks about previous passports. The affidavit was required for my wife to get a new passport. We submitted this as proof of loss.

Originals sent in one folder and copies in another folder.

If sending documents from the UK please ensure you leave enough time to allow the documents to reach the Philippines before the visa appointment at the VAC. DHL usually take 3 working days. If applying in Cebu and using the paid service you cannot amend your appointment date if it is within five days of the appointment. You will lose your fee and have to use a free centre which would be Manila.

Please ensure you have your bank statements delivered to your home if you use Natwest or other banks that offer online statements. Natwest will not stamp or supply a letter of authenticity.

Timeline:

Visa application appointment at Cebu VFS - 8th September
Application sent to Manila - 9th September
Decision made - 12th October (24 working days)
Visa delivered 14th October (using VIP service that includes courier)