Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar

Passport Renewal

Hi,

My passport is not yet expired til 2018 but I am planning to change my passport now as I want to use my married name 'so that on my next FLR and my driver;s license will be in my married name.

1. On the form of passport application, do I have to put my married surname already and use my single surname as my middle name? Sorry I know what the answer is but just to make sure!

2. Do I have to book an appointment for it to submit my documents?

3. I have read the website and it says I need to bring a pre-paid envelope where they can put my passport to be delivered and put my own address? Is it correct?

4. I already got the report of marriage stamp from Embassy two months ago, do I still need to bring pictures etc?

5. Do I need Marriage Certificate that is an NSO copy? (we got married here in UK)

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    1. Put your married name (and maiden name as your middle name if you want).

2. No. You can go to the embassy without making an appointment.

3. Yes. Make sure you have the special delivery envelope (gray bag) from post office.

4. The documents that was returned to you when you did the report of marriage (they are stapled together, Report of marriage form, marriage cert, etc.), you need to bring all of that and photocopy it as well because they would get that copy (not really sure why they are doing this because they do have a copy of this anyway ).

5. No need for NSO marriage cert since you got married in the UK.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

My wife used her maiden name as her middle name since we got married. Seems to keep everything logical as well as following Philippine culture.

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    We live in Spain where everyone (Spanish that is) has two surnames. We went to the consulate in Madrid and they changed, in manuscript, the name in my wife’s passport so that her maiden surname and my surname became her two surnames. It made it more understandable for Spain. She then got her Spanish Residencia with the two surname. When she renewed the PP in Manila they showed her ‘first surname’ as her middle name. When she renewed her Residencia they did in with the two surnames. It has not caused any problem.

In UK when a woman marries and changes her surname to her husband’s, that is not a legal requirement, but a custom. She can keep her maiden name or change it to her husband’s or for that matter to any other name. That includes her first names too.

That also applies everyone else too . I changed my first name and surname over 30 years ago. I did not even register it with ‘Deed Poll’ All my paperwork, except my birth certificate which cannot be changed, since then have shown my new names only.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post
    We live in Spain where everyone (Spanish that is) has two surnames. We went to the consulate in Madrid and they changed, in manuscript, the name in my wife’s passport so that her maiden surname and my surname became her two surnames. It made it more understandable for Spain. She then got her Spanish Residencia with the two surname. When she renewed the PP in Manila they showed her ‘first surname’ as her middle name. When she renewed her Residencia they did in with the two surnames. It has not caused any problem.

In UK when a woman marries and changes her surname to her husband’s, that is not a legal requirement, but a custom. She can keep her maiden name or change it to her husband’s or for that matter to any other name. That includes her first names too.

That also applies everyone else too . I changed my first name and surname over 30 years ago. I did not even register it with ‘Deed Poll’ All my paperwork, except my birth certificate which cannot be changed, since then have shown my new names only.
    Interesting!

Thread Information