Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

finding work under "spouse visa "

Hello,

How are you all doing?

Is the spouse visa only valid for 3 years? How soon can I work with a spouse visa when I get to the uk? I remember one woman I met in the ielts test center said have to wait for 6 months for me to be able to work. is this true?
    Another thing,whats the procedure for tb test,is it only chest xray?

Thanks,

Pam

You can work straight away on a spouse visa once a national insurance number is obtained.

It's the fiancee visa that you can't work on.

The TB test comprises of a chest xray. On the day the Dr will take a medical history and the the xray is done. You.then wait for the results which can take a few hours. Either the report will show no evidence of Active TB or not.. If the xray can't determine if TB is present then the sputum test will be done which takes a few weeks to process and you have to go back for the results. The xray might show up something else not known about I.e. Scoliosis or enlarged heart but that won't be important in terms of the visa.

If all OK you will receive a report that you will submit with the spouse visa supporting documents plus a copy and then have them available for inspection just in case at the UK airport you are flying to

The TB test validity is six months and there is only one clinic in the Philippines approved for the TB test.

My wife is in cebu. She flew early in the morning to Manila . Got to her appointment and had the xray. She flew home the same day in the evening.

Trusted Member
    Tried to give you rep mate...can't do so again just yet.

Very helpful.

My wife's sputum test took either 6 or 8 weeks (can't remember now) because she was pregnant and they wouldn't do a normal x ray where results are told that day.

As for working, like has been said, as soon as you get a national insurance number, you can work right away on a spouse visa.... My wife started work last month, been here 11 months now, but the national insurance number we sorted out within a month of her arriving here.

My wife's sputum test took either 6 or 8 weeks (can't remember now) because she was pregnant and they wouldn't do a normal x ray where results are told that day.

As for working, like has been said, as soon as you get a national insurance number, you can work right away on a spouse visa.... My wife started work last month, been here 11 months now, but the national insurance number we sorted out within a month of her arriving here.

Edit, dug up my old post regarding the sputum test, was a longer wait than I remembered!

Going for the Sputum test, it is done over the course of three days.. Couldn't do it this week so she is going Mon, Tue and Weds next week.... Then we have to wait 8-9 weeks for the result....

Massive thanks to all...great help!!

Regards,

Pam

Thread Information