Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: childs adoption

childs adoption

i have a 5 yr old son back at home and m planning to bring him over by next year.eventually i would like him to be adopted to my husband who is british which will also change his surname into my husbands surname.my son's surname is my maiden name since we didnt get married with his bio father and before i gave birth to him we broke up already with his father so i dont really have contact with hime ever since which i dont care.anyway how long is the adoption process and how much will it cost and i think he will have his surname changed once he is being adopted i presume! i want to know early about this for the future.if anyone could give some ideas about this that will be brilliant...thanks!!!

Hmm..this one is based to someone I knew.

He came to the UK using his mother's surname
    When he arrived here in UK he started using his mother's married name (mother married to a British man)
    He used DeedPoll www.deedpoll.org.uk (which is shows above,one of this forum sponsored links) to legally change his name and only costs you £15.99.
    After he received the certificate he never had any problem about using his new surname.

So I think the cheapest and easiest way is do it by DeedPoll but ofcourse it's all up to you.
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

Respected Member
    Yes, aadoption is not really necessary. Your husband will have pretty much the same rights as the bio father - in fact more. So if the only issue is changing the name, use a deed poll. Cheap and easy!

Ian

Thread Information