Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

FLR to close to the wire

Well, i have been keeping my mouth shut and my fingers crossed for a few months. We book a months holiday in the Philippines starting 29th September, next tuesday. We had to apply for FLR in June, which gave us 3 months for the Home office to sort it all out.
    I was not planning on the bank, Natwest, being very difficult to deal with. Not stamping bank statements, even ones which they have printed off. This all put the application back a few weeks and the nerves were kicking in a little. This did not help when we received a letter in last August saying we had to provide proper bank statements, by this time i had turned off the "go paperless" on my account. I went internet banks a few years back and it is so much easier. Setting up Direct Debits and paying bills all from my sofa, you would be daft not to at least try it. The bank demons were building up in the background and i was starting to totally dislike Natwest. I sent off the last quarter statements with a letter to explain at the begining of September.
    So close to our due date to travel i was looking at the cost to change the dates of departure. Then.... we got the letter from the Home Office on friday saying the FLR was granted and the BRP card would be delivered in the next 7 working days, the 7th day is the day we fly

If came today, so we are all set to go on tuesday morning now, what a relief.

Happy times are here again.

Congratulations and well done to you both

Phew! That really was a bit too close for comfort.

So glad everything came good in the end and you'll be enjoying your holiday as planned.
    Bon voyage and have a great time

Admittedly a "bit close to the bone," Rory ... but thankfully, all fitted into place.

Congratulations to you BOTH and Bon Voyage!

No thanks to Natwest, I would not recommend them to anyone but we all live and learn and i will be prepared for them when we apply for ILR.

You're a braver man than me Rory. I wasn't prepared to take the risk last year so we went for the personal appearance at Croydon just to make sure as we we're planning on flying out as well. Congratulations and enjoy your trip

Trusted Member
    Congratulations !

I would tell Natwest to get stuffed...and write to the press to give them some (more) deserved bad publicity.

Thread Information