Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

'High Noon' For Labour Leadership Election

Voting finally closed at midday ... amidst claims some voters failed to receive ballot papers in time.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34205212

Results are expected to be announced on Saturday!

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Voting finally closed at midday ... amidst claims some voters failed to receive ballot papers in time.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34205212

Results are expected to be announced on Saturday!
    Where is everyone Arthur?

Who will win, who is interested and who cares

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Who will win, who is interested and who cares
    If Corbyn wins, it'll certainly liven up question time, as he's not PC, nor a clone of 99% of the MP's.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Well I voted for Corbyn because at the very least he will do the job of a good opposition leader in opposing the Government.
    Looking forward I would of thought that as he's the MP who claims the lowest amount of expenses and clearly hasn't got his snout in the trough this might attract him to the British people. I live in hope.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    Well I voted for Corbyn because at the very least he will do the job of a good opposition leader in opposing the Government.
    Looking forward I would of thought that as he's the MP who claims the lowest amount of expenses and clearly hasn't got his snout in the trough this might attract him to the British people. I live in hope.
    Hmm ... looks as though your wish has been granted, Marco.
    And - leaving aside the issue I mentioned on a separate thread about Corbyn's choosing to appear *'tieless' (with *which I'm afraid I must strongly disagree!) - it mightn't altogether be such a bad thing if the Opposition has a Leader who's likely to keep the present Government on its toes.

Respected Member
    First Job will be to attack the Tories proposed anti union legislation

A Draconian attack on the unions and then they have the cheek to refer to themselves as the party for workers

It's just my opinion, but I think that Jeremy Corbyn won for the following reasons. Firstly, there was a sneering, un-British attitude among the Blairites which let them drone on about their holidays in Tuscany and Barcelona whilst ridiculing anyone who took a break in Bournemouth or Prestatyn, combined with a false materialism for such things as chrome boiling water taps. Secondly, there was an extreme political correctness, where saying "put the kettle on love" or using the word "darkie" were practically hanging offences. Thirdly, there was a timidity and lack of logic about New Labour use of quantitative easing, preferring to bail out bankers than to build houses and infrastructure. Fourthly, there was a tendency to meddle in the internal affairs of some countries whilst adopting a servile attitude towards others, instead of adopting a generally friendly and peaceful attitude which still put Britain's interests first. To me, the self-righteously serious expression on Yvette Cooper's face whilst arguing for some or other piece of overseas meddling summed it up. There was also a tendency always to side with the Eurozone, and to characterise anyone who opposed it as someone who spoke no European languages (other than English) and had seldom or never been to continental Europe. Well, this is certainly not true in my case, and I expect that the same is true for many of you guys and girls. Ironically, there is a good deal of common ground between Ukip and Labour under Corbyn and it's certainly not a straight case of left and right. I reckon it's well done to Mr Corbyn, let him provide strong opposition, tell the Blairites where to shove the false materialism of their Tuscan holidays and their boiling water taps, and advocate the good use of materials and printed money through the building of houses and infrastructure.

Thread Information