Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar

Mortgage Approval

Maritess is happy now because her mortgage application has been approved. We have been looking for a new build three bedroom house for a while now and found one only a five minute walk from the Hospital she works at. The reason for buying is because it will be cheaper than paying rent and financially secure as an investment long term, we have already saved her deposit and the house will be ready March next year, weather permitting!

Congrats. Nice to get on that property ladder... Renting is not worth it, just throwing money away.

We are on the hunt for a 2 bedroom place.... my one bedroom bachelor pad is getting rather crowded now I am married and have a 7 month old baby!

With Harlene about to start work, we are hoping to see what the bank will offer us. There are some new builds due for completion soon 5 minutes from us.... I've enquired and they are currently compiling the brochures and sorting out the price and will be in touch this month... But I think they are out of my price range and really I need to move out of the London area to afford a two bedroom place.

Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    Congrats. Nice to get on that property ladder... Renting is not worth it, just throwing money away.

We are on the hunt for a 2 bedroom place.... my one bedroom bachelor pad is getting rather crowded now I am married and have a 7 month old baby!

With Harlene about to start work, we are hoping to see what the bank will offer us. There are some new builds due for completion soon 5 minutes from us.... I've enquired and they are currently compiling the brochures and sorting out the price and will be in touch this month... But I think they are out of my price range and really I need to move out of the London area to afford a two bedroom place.
    Thank you Slip, good luck with your house hunting, I must admit in the area we live houses here are half of London prices so I understand what you are saying, I hope you are successful!

Hope all goes well for both of you. I must admit that I don't envy anyone trying to get on the housing ladder these days.
    The cheapest 2 bed place round my way is about £250,000 and we're 20 miles outside London. What with cross rail coming in a few years the prices are still on the increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Maritess is happy now because her mortgage application has been approved. We have been looking for a new build three bedroom house for a while now and found one only a five minute walk from the Hospital she works at. The reason for buying is because it will be cheaper than paying rent and financially secure as an investment long term, we have already saved her deposit and the house will be ready March next year, weather permitting!
    That's very exciting news indeed Michael.
    Well do to you both

By coincidence my wife seems to have found a house she likes enough to buy as well

As you say, owning a property is hopefully an investment and also a roof over the head without rent so good for stability.

Thank you Simon And Peter, just out of interest Simon a new build 3 bed semi is costing us £114.995, also good luck to your wife Peter with her forthcoming investment she has certainly got the right person advising her!

Thank you Simon And Peter, just out of interest Simon a new build 3 bed semi is costing us £114.995, also good luck to your wife Peter with her forthcoming investment she has certainly got the right person advising her!

That just made me

My one bed flat is priced around £150,000....

A two bed is around £220,000 around here....

We want to stay local as my work is here and my wife can't drive and her new job is a 15 minute walk from home.

That just made me

My one bed flat is priced around £150,000....

A two bed is around £220,000 around here....

We want to stay local as my work is here and my wife can't drive and her new job is a 15 minute walk from home.
    You may still be at an advantage as you are both working which is a big+ remember I'm on my small pension and I don't think I'll be around the full mortgage period, I'll have a blooming good try though!

Just goes to show how prices vary across the country, 3 bed maisonettes are £280,000 upwards near me

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...tiesPerPage=10

Someone I've known since 1978 bought a 1 bedroom apartment in 1984 for £19000 and its very tiny in Du Cane Court off Balham High St south London, it's now worth approx, £360,000. To me that is a good investment!

Slip.
    I know edd a member here stated the mortgage company he tried wouldn't take his Filipino wife's salary into account on the mortgage as she didn't have ILR.

I will have the same problem later when we need a bigger place.

In truth Michael i'm not advising her except to tell her make sure there's plenty of land to extend on over the years.

BTW, that's a darn good price for your new 3-bed place.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    In truth Michael i'm not advising her except to tell her make sure there's plenty of land to extend on over the years.

BTW, that's a darn good price for your new 3-bed place.
    Thank's Peter, two double bedrooms and one single, large kitchen diner, decent sized lounge and toilet/cloakroom in entrance hall and decent sized garden!

Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    Skip.
    I know edd a member here stated the mortgage company he tried wouldn't take his Filipino wife's salary into account on the mortgage as she didn't have ILR.

We are just awaiting confirmation of Maritess Citizenship, should be anytime now, but the Mortgage provider only took Maritess Salary into account and she has only a 10 hour contract with NHS but they did accept her overtime also which averaged between 50 to 65 hours per week that included her 10 hours!

Skip.

Hadn't thought of that... but yes, you are probably right...

Will see what they offer me anyway first. As I have my flat to sell as well.

We are just awaiting confirmation of Maritess Citizenship, should be anytime now, but the Mortgage provider only took Maritess Salary into account and she has only a 10 hour contract with NHS but they did accept her overtime also which averaged between 50 to 65 hours per week that included her 10 hours!
    Wow.

That's a lot of overtime.

Wow.

Last month (August) there were five weekends and she got five Saturdays @ 18 hours pay and five Sundays @ 24 hours pay, she's got over 300 hours pay to come this 25th

Hadn't thought of that... but yes, you are probably right...

Will see what they offer me anyway first. As I have my flat to sell as well.
    If your selling your present abode you should get a decent deposit Slip!

Wow.

I'm sure you are aware Phil NHS have never enough staff because out of the 20 or so staff in the department Maritess works only about three of them want to pick up the extra hours

I'm sure you are aware Phil NHS have never enough staff because out of the 20 or so staff in the department Maritess works only about three of them want to pick up the extra hours
    Yes. Im well aware lol. Been doing loads of bank shifts to pay for visa lol.

Yes. Im well aware lol. Been doing loads of bank shifts to pay for visa lol.
    Well done, keep it up Phil

Someone I've known since 1978 bought a 1 bedroom apartment in 1984 for £19000 and its very tiny in Du Cane Court off Balham High St south London, it's now worth approx, £360,000. To me that is a good investment!
    Prime area less than 5 minutes from the tube.
    I've just put my Parents ex council 3 bed Maisonette on the market in SW9 for £475,000. The worlds gone mad no wonder youngsters are being forced outside the M25.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    I've just put my Parents ex council 3 bed Maisonette on the market in SW9 for £475,000. .

It'll probably be bought by some Putin friendly Russians
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

, Michael ... buying IS cheaper than renting - long term - and property's normally the BEST investment any couple is ever likely to make! Therefore, I'd like to take this opportunity to offer you BOTH my sincere CONGRATULATIONS.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    , Michael ... buying IS cheaper than renting - long term - and property's normally the BEST investment any couple is ever likely to make! Therefore, I'd like to take this opportunity to offer you BOTH my sincere CONGRATULATIONS.
    Thank you Sir Arthur as my wife would say.

Thread Information