Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

warning about using VFS global in cebu for visa applications.

If like me you have paid a little extra to submit a visa application at the VFS global centre in cebu city be warned.

If you need to change your appointment for any reason it must be done before five days of your booked appointment.

If it's after this time you will lose the fee for using cebu and will only be able to use a free to use centre (manila)

Either that or you will need to request a refund for the visa and restart your application.

Please make sure you leave enough time if you pay in the UK to send documents to your spouse/fiancee for submission at the appointment.

This only applies to a paid visa application centre like in cebu where an extra fee is required to submit there.

There is no contact details for the VFS global centre in cebu. No email. You can only contact via the ukvi website.

Thank you so much for drawing members' attention to this extremely IMPORTANT *change, Phil ... I think - though cannot be certain - the fact that there's no longer a full-time Consular presence in Cebu could be the MAIN reason *it's been implemented!

Thanks Arthur.

Just to note you can change your appointment date by going to visa4uk website. log in and click view appointment. If it's more than 5 days ahead then click update appointment.

I think it's ludicrous that there is no phone number for VFS global centre in cebu. The same place deals with visas for Canada, Australia and the USA. Possibly other countries. There are telephone helplines for these countries at this centre but not for the UK.

DHL will usually get important documents to cebu or manila in 3 working days or less. The 3 times I have used them they arrived in cebu in two days but were delivered on the 3rd day. If you find you need it on the second day call DHL and request to pick up the documents at the sorting facility at cebu Mactan airport or at manila.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Thank you so much for drawing members' attention to this extremely IMPORTANT *change, Phil ... I think - though cannot be certain - the fact that there's no longer a full-time Consular presence in Cebu could be the MAIN reason *it's been implemented!
    It used to be so easy!!! When I got mine I had direct e-mail with the consul herself, we made appointment, interview was beside the swimming pool, all went as smooth as smooth. She was one of the old school ex colonial .

Thread Information