Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Natwest wont issue a confirmation letter of authenticity of printed bank statement or stamp.

I Have just been to my Natwest branch.

The woman told me they are not allowed to certify printed online bank statements.

She printed out the last six months statements there and gave them to me but no letter.

Lucky I have the posted ones, but they are small and cumbersome.

So if you are a Natwest customer don't go for the paperless option on your statements.

Trusted Member
    What prats they are.

Very good advice from you though.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    So if you are a Natwest customer don't go for the paperless option on your statements.
    It's been a bit of a nightmare for some years with many banks/branches

I'd advise anyone with intentions of going along a settlement route visa to organise the paper statements asap

I never had paper statements from Barclays, but as soon as I knew I was going to Philippines to get married I changed it so I got monthly statements in the post... Came in very handy for the visa application.

Seems banks are happy to take your money but not help you out in return.

Harlene just opened her first account here the other day.... Took about one hour to open, we had to have a meeting with an advisor and watch a short video and listen to a load of boll**ks before they opened it for her.
    Wouldn't have bothered but she is hopefully starting work next month and needs a bank account for her wages to be paid into.

Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    .........Wouldn't have bothered but she is hopefully starting work next month and needs a bank account for her wages to be paid into.
    Good news. Well done to her.

Banned
    What a shower

Trusted Member
    Pity they didn't have a video about how to avoid the Payment Protection con hawked by the banks and finance companies up to recent times.

I have had the same issue with Natwest, complete pain this bank and not helpful at all.

Hi guys..reading this thread making me worry now,I'm in natwest as well didn't realize till I check my account online that I ticked(accidentally as I can't remember though) the paperless one, no wonder I haven't received any statement by post since last year...so I decide to print it online and go to the bank this coming tuesday to let them stamp it,I'm really hoping to get positive one,but worrying as well now.Will extend my visa by 2nd week of Sept....

P.S.sorry admins,hope all is well here,been a while since my last post here,just been busy with things.x
    be positive,everything is gonna be ok

Quote Originally Posted by chieldave View Post
    Hi guys..reading this thread making me worry now,I'm in natwest as well didn't realize till I check my account online that I ticked(accidentally as I can't remember though) the paperless one, no wonder I haven't received any statement by post since last year...so I decide to print it online and go to the bank this coming tuesday to let them stamp it,I'm really hoping to get positive one,but worrying as well now.Will extend my visa by 2nd week of Sept....

P.S.sorry admins,hope all is well here,been a while since my last post here,just been busy with things.x
    Please let us know how you get on. It will be interesting if one branch differs from another.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    What I cant understand is why did they accept the bank statements that I printed off, was it because I was living in the Philippines or have the rules changed since May 2012?

Respected Member
    Just to add my bit about Natwest. My wife's FLR(M) application is due to go off very soon - for mid-September. We went to our local branch of NatWest - they were very helpful, but, as has been said previously - could only print off 6month's worth of statements, which didn't actually show 6 month's worth of salary entries, because the way the dates worked out.

So, in-branch, they requested via their computer statements to be sent by post that went back longer than that. They said it could take between 10 and 14 working days (they were only allowed to send these out by second class post). In the end we only waited 5 or six.

Quote Originally Posted by freyter View Post
    Just to add my bit about Natwest. My wife's FLR(M) application is due to go off very soon - for mid-September. We went to our local branch of NatWest - they were very helpful, but, as has been said previously - could only print off 6month's worth of statements, which didn't actually show 6 month's worth of salary entries, because the way the dates worked out.

So, in-branch, they requested via their computer statements to be sent by post that went back longer than that. They said it could take between 10 and 14 working days (they were only allowed to send these out by second class post). In the end we only waited 5 or six.
    How much did it cost you?

When my wife applied for her visa 18 months ago . The building societies would sign and stamp statements , but banks would not. i just asked my bank for 6 months statements and as long it was on official
    bank headed paper it was ok . No need to have them stamped

Respected Member
    Hello Terpe-

There was no charge for either the in-branch or the postal statement. I read at some point that if you opt for online statements then they do print a certain number out for you anyway free of charge if you need them.

Quote Originally Posted by freyter View Post
    Hello Terpe-

There was no charge for either the in-branch or the postal statement. I read at some point that if you opt for online statements then they do print a certain number out for you anyway free of charge if you need them.
    Ah OK freyter

Thank you for replying.

Respected Member
    You're welcome. We're going to go back to our local branch this afternoon to get statements for the last month or so, as our documents didn't go off before our latest salaries went into our accounts. I'll let you know if they charge us for these (as they've already given us the other ones for free).

I have banked with Natwest for over 25 years with no problems until the last few years. Refusing to stamp bank statements that they have printed off is just silly and a little common sense should prevail there. The bank refused to stamp mine so i went to the main branch in York city centre and they refused as well. They ordered 6 months bank statement for me for free, these came on A4 paper from Natwest, on headed paper.
    We sent the FLR forms off early July and at the end of August we got a reply saying they wanted 6 months bank statement from the bank which they had on the headed A4 paper from the bank I went back to the bank and they refused to stamp any bank statements. All they could do was order the bank statement again but the mini version and not the A4 size. We waited for a week and a half and they came in the post, on A4 size again The statement was from the start of the year so it covered over 8 months. In the mean time i had turned on non paperless at the bank so i had the last quarter bank statement on the small pinky paper. We sent off the A4 bank statements with the pinky statement with a covering letter explaining the A4 statements are official bank statements.

Natwest on their own have delayed us 4 weeks in the FLR process.

I will let you know how i get on.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    I have banked with Natwest for over 25 years with no problems until the last few years. Refusing to stamp bank statements that they have printed off is just silly and a little common sense should prevail there. The bank refused to stamp mine so i went to the main branch in York city centre and they refused as well. They ordered 6 months bank statement for me for free, these came on A4 paper from Natwest, on headed paper.
    We sent the FLR forms off early July and at the end of August we got a reply saying they wanted 6 months bank statement from the bank which they had on the headed A4 paper from the bank I went back to the bank and they refused to stamp any bank statements. All they could do was order the bank statement again but the mini version and not the A4 size. We waited for a week and a half and they came in the post, on A4 size again The statement was from the start of the year so it covered over 8 months. In the mean time i had turned on non paperless at the bank so i had the last quarter bank statement on the small pinky paper. We sent off the A4 bank statements with the pinky statement with a covering letter explaining the A4 statements are official bank statements.

Natwest on their own have delayed us 4 weeks in the FLR process.

I will let you know how i get on.
    That's a bit worrying, Rory, as I will be submitting A4 statements like you. Hope it turns out well for you.

Hi guys sorry for delayed reply been so busy these past 2 weeks..like I said I went that day(tuesday) to ask a help about my bank statement,that day I asked them first if it's possible to request an original 6 months bank statement and send it by post as soon as possible.The person said I can then sometime a week after I might receive it.But my premium appointment will be next friday a week after,so I went back with my husband by friday 3 days after I first went to ask them if they could stamp the printed statements I printed for my visa application.And yeah you guys were right they said the same thing to us that they don't do stamp of letter now,but they use to but the policy just change for some reason blah blah blah.we kept telling to them that it's so important process and it would be helpful for me as being one of the customer in your bank..but no worth of asking as they kept telling that they don't do it now,and they said if we're not really satisfied we can go to solicitor and let them stamp it to prove that the copied statement is really mine.We were tying to be calm in there as we told to them we're like torn between 2 lovers here between the bank and embassy.But they just said sorry that they can't do it..so what we asked instead if we can ask a printed statement now,they printed but its in black ink and it looks like just a photocopy with not even whole 6 months statements from what I wanted because of the date...after we went in the bank,my husband rang the embassy and told what the natwest bank told us,the embassy person told us that they aware of natwest policy and told us not to worry..but yay can't help to worry that time as that person we rang to is not the only person in the embassy and others may have different view about it(loads of what if's were on my mind that time)...
    We took the risk as that request statement I asked them(bank) to post as well didn't come until now,so we went to my visa appointment just this friday with only the printed statement of my natwest account without any stamp or letter on it,but when we got there my husband explain well to the caseworker about it and said ok,I was surprised a bit with the responds but glad on the other side...
    I think the thing as well was it was my account the natwest one(applicant) and my husband has the TSB one(sponsor) which when we need there stamp for the recent statement of my husband's, they stamped it..
    In my opinion,if the time would come back, even our case was ok when we passed our application,I would not want to have that situation again.I would not recommend what we been through,it's too risky for me.I think I have to change my account to other bank as I found it personally(natwest) was not too helpful when I need them that time...hope this helps(or maybe not) for other applicants to be aware.x

just an update guys,the original bank statement that I requested 2 weeks ago that supposed to be used for my visa appointment last friday has jut been arrive today...dohhhh...so delayed not worth anymore since I finished applying my extension visa and the things as well,just today I got my biometric ID,,fancy receiving it in the same day..oh well,lesson learned I guess is for those have natwest account if emergency,u can request an original copy by post for the 6 months like but make sure that you request it few weeks before your appointment so there's still enough time to arrive before your appointment.xxx..goodluck all

Quote Originally Posted by chieldave View Post
    just an update guys,the original bank statement that I requested 2 weeks ago that supposed to be used for my visa appointment last friday has jut been arrive today...dohhhh...so delayed not worth anymore since I finished applying my extension visa and the things as well,just today I got my biometric ID,,fancy receiving it in the same day..oh well,lesson learned I guess is for those have natwest account if emergency,u can request an original copy by post for the 6 months like but make sure that you request it few weeks before your appointment so there's still enough time to arrive before your appointment.xxx..goodluck all

Onwards and upwards

I have switched my savings account back to paper now and requested the last 6 months of statements from this account which I should get in 4 working days. I had to send online printed statements for the savings account for our spouse visa application with an explanatory letter. It can be clearly seen that the transactions match up with the original current account statements but just in case I will have them ready to send.

Thread Information