Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Channel Islands

Channel Islands

Hi all

Apologies in advance as I'm probably asking a question that's already been asked, but if my wife has an ILR/Settlement Residence Permit, can she travel with me to
    the Channel islands? She hasn't got the magic “Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen” on her card btw. :(

I can't seem to find anything in the archives but I'm sure it must be there ...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
    Hi all

Apologies in advance as I'm probably asking a question that's already been asked, but if my wife has an ILR/Settlement Residence Permit, can she travel with me to
    the Channel islands? She hasn't got the magic “Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen” on her card btw. :(

I can't seem to find anything in the archives but I'm sure it must be there ...
    From Jersey Immigration

Common Travel Area
    15. The United Kingdom, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland collectively form a common travel area.
    A person who has been examined for the purpose of immigration control at the point at which he entered the area does not normally require leave to enter any other part of it. However certain persons subject to the Immigration (Control of Entry through Republic of Ireland) (Jersey) Order 2015 who enter Jersey from the Republic of Ireland do require leave to enter. This includes:
    (i) those who merely passed through the Republic of Ireland;
    (ii) persons requiring visas;
    (iii) persons who entered the Republic of Ireland unlawfully;
    (iv) persons who are subject to directions given by the Lieutenant-Governor for their exclusion from Jersey on the ground that their exclusion is conducive to the public good;
    (v) persons who entered the Republic from the United Kingdom and Islands after entering there unlawfully or overstaying their leave;
    (vi) persons prohibited from entering the United Kingdom by order of the Secretary of State.

Nice one - so she can travel to the Channel Islands without a visa. Thanks for that Dedworth

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
    Nice one - so she can travel to the Channel Islands without a visa. Thanks for that Dedworth
    Looks like it

Thread Information