Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

dependant child visa

gain,its been a while since ive been on here,after my wife got her ILR I thought that was the end but now she want Citizenship & to bring her teenage son here if she can.
    do you think she will be able to bring her soon to be 17 year old here,hes been living with his father and his other step siblings since my wife left them when he was about 4 years old.she went to work in Saudi7 years there before we met,,she came here in june 2012.
    Also on Citizenship application it asks for the "title" of her English language certificate,what is the title of the certf?
    do I just put "ESOL skills for life - Level Cetificate"?
    ive a few other questions about the citizenship application but i'll need to look at it again to remind myself what they are,lol.

No one?

Quote Originally Posted by briancol View Post
    No one?
    Brian ... please see my *reply - and its *postscript - in response to the Private Message you sent me earlier.

gain,its been a while since ive been on here,after my wife got her ILR I thought that was the end but now she want Citizenship & to bring her teenage son here if she can.
    do you think she will be able to bring her soon to be 17 year old here,hes been living with his father and his other step siblings since my wife left them when he was about 4 years old.she went to work in Saudi7 years there before we met,,she came here in june 2012.
    Also on Citizenship application it asks for the "title" of her English language certificate,what is the title of the certf?
    do I just put "ESOL skills for life - Level Cetificate"?
    ive a few other questions about the citizenship application but i'll need to look at it again to remind myself what they are,lol.
    My wife recently with success applied for citizenship.Her 21 yr old at the time daughter also came here as a dependent family member.I can help you out if you have any specific questions as it was a long drawn out process
    M&M

Yes Arthur I got the pm reply,thanks. couldn't pm that person you mentioned as she doesn't accept pm's.

Quote Originally Posted by mike1 View Post
    My wife recently with success applied for citizenship.Her 21 yr old at the time daughter also came here as a dependent family member.I can help you out if you have any specific questions as it was a long drawn out process
    Thanks Mike1
    from reading stuff in this forum and other stuff online I believe its not possible for my wife to bring her son here since hes not depending on her really,yes she sends him money for school uniform and the like but he lives with his father in the phills,and is dependant on him not his mother,i tell this to my wife but she just says we will try anyway,i say we are just wasting our time and money.unless someone on here can tell me different.
    Can she/we apply from the UK or does it all need to be done from the Philippines?
    if we can apply from here which application form do we need to use please? Thanks.

Can be done from UK and its the 6 month family permit application form ,are you applying under EU regs ?
    M&M

EU Regs? 6 months family permit? I don't understand. whats that about 6 months?

do you think she will be able to bring her soon to be 17 year old here,hes been living with his father
    and his other step siblings since my wife left them when he was about 4 years old.she went to work in Saudi7 years there before we met,,she came here in june 2012.
    Your Wife doesn't need Citizenship to apply for settlement for her son (ILE).
    I think the biggest hurdle your wife will encounter on getting a settlement visa for her son is the ''sole responsibility'' because her child is completely living with his father since she left them 13years ago.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Can she/we apply from the UK or does it all need to be done from the Philippines?
    if we can apply from here which application form do we need to use please? Thanks.
    Yes your wife can apply online for her son.
    visit https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome website and register an account.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    None of my business really, best to leave the boy with his father, trying to get him here in the UK will just mess his head up after being with his dad 13 years and as Sars says it would be extremely difficult. Just save the money and the worry, hope I haven't offended anyone but just my opinion, good luck with whatever you decide.

thanks for the advice,my wife has been/is in touch with her son she sends money for school uniform and other stuff but she knows he would have a better life here in the UK but I have told her myself that I think shes wasting her time & money even applying.Thanks.

thanks for the advice,my wife has been/is in touch with her son she sends money for school uniform and other stuff but she knows he would have a better life here in the UK but I have told her myself that I think shes wasting her time & money even applying.Thanks.
    It's Ok.
    Let us know how it goes ...Best of luck!!

Thread Information