Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Exclamation Dozens Feared Dead In Chinese Port City Devastation

Reports are coming in of at least 50 fatalities and hundreds more severely injured in the blasts that rocked the Chinese port city of Tianjin ... approximately 70 miles from Beijing.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...s-port-tianjin

Update: 04.27 (GMT)

... TRAGIC!

Yes Arthur, tragic.

I really feel for the people Tianjin especially as I lived there for long periods between 1993 and 1994
    I had a nice traditional style place right in riverstide community with quite a few expats.
    Within walking distance we had a couple of very old temples. Very enjoyable part of my life with very clear memories.

I can imagine that maybe many of those areas would be impacted in some way or another.
    Very sad to dwell on that.
    I couldn't recognise any of that new development shown on the news. Not surprising really since I haven't been there since. That's a scary 20 years ago

Hope there'll be no problems with some of the dangerous chemicals stored in the port area.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Yes Arthur, tragic.

I really feel for the people Tianjin especially as I lived there for long periods between 1993 and 1994
    I had a nice traditional style place right in riverstide community with quite a few expats.
    Within walking distance we had a couple of very old temples. Very enjoyable part of my life with very clear memories.

I can imagine that maybe many of those areas would be impacted in some way or another.
    Very sad to dwell on that.
    I couldn't recognise any of that new development shown on the news. Not surprising really since I haven't been there since. That's a scary 20 years ago

Hope there'll be no problems with some of the dangerous chemicals stored in the port area.
    Poignant memories for you then, Peter ... and , the dangerous chemicals seem to be the MAIN source of concern right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Poignant memories for you then, Peter ...
    Yes indeed. Best time I ever had in China thanks to all the lovely people and the beautifil city centre.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ....the dangerous chemicals seem to be the MAIN source of concern right now.
    It seems the authorities are moving the residents further and further outwards as the air-testing progresses. Doesn't seem good.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Sad story, just proves how important proper health and safety requirements need to be put into place!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Sad story, just proves how important proper health and safety requirements need to be put into place!
    That doesn't get a priority when politics and profit are involved.

I wonder how many 1000's of stored imported, unsold foreign cars were destroyed ? Well they're no longer costly inventory.
    Conspiracy story

Thread Information