Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

British Embassy Interview Questions

Hi Everyone,

I just wondered if anyone had any experience or knew what type of questions they ask a Pinay whilst she is being interviewed for a UK Visiting Visa?

any advice welcome

SDM

Quote Originally Posted by sdm View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I just wondered if anyone had any experience or knew what type of questions they ask a Pinay whilst she is being interviewed for a UK Visiting Visa?

any advice welcome

SDM
    There's no interview with the Embassy.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    There's no interview with the Embassy.
    She has been asked to attend an interview in Manila may not be in the Embassy but she has to have the interview, I think this is a new thing, as before it was only done for Fiance Visas.

She has been asked to attend an interview in Manila may not be in the Embassy but she has to have the interview, I think this is a new thing, as before it was only done for Fiance Visas.
    OK lets cut to the chase. So are you saying that she has already submitted her application online then submitted her supporting docs at a VFS application centre and has now been contacted by the Embassy Manila Hub to attend an interview ?

To the best of my knowledge there has not been any interviews at the Embassy for visa (including Spouse or Fiance(e) visa) for many years now.

Occasionally the Embassy will contact the applicant to clarify some issues or missing information by phone, e-mail etc but not usually.

Can you please clarify the reason for your question regarding interview at the British Embassy ?

HI,

I am using an agency to try to get the visit visa, I have supplied all the docs they have asked for, and my gf has also had to supply lots of docs, plus we have plane tickets, boarding passes, hotel receipts, photos together etc.

The agency applied for the Visa, but then my gf was told that should would have to attend an interview, she was given the option of 3 dates in Manila.

I assumed it was the Embassy, but as I said in my earlier post it may be another Government building.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    She won't have an interview. She will just present the documents herself to VFS in Makati. She will also need to be there in person because she needs to do her biometrics. No interview will be done. The decision will be based solely on all the documents you both submitted.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Could it be as simple as you've paid an agency to collate the documents and double check that all the paperwork is in order and then your gf has to present the documents in person
    Not an interview as such, more of an appointment to present the visa application?

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    She won't have an interview. She will just present the documents herself to VFS in Makati. She will also need to be there in person because she needs to do her biometrics. No interview will be done. The decision will be based solely on all the documents you both submitted.
    Okay well that makes me feel better, maybe they won't interview her.

thanks!

Maybe, I hope you and the previous poster are correct, thanks for taking the trouble to reply both of you.

HI,

I am using an agency to try to get the visit visa, I have supplied all the docs they have asked for, and my gf has also had to supply lots of docs, plus we have plane tickets, boarding passes, hotel receipts, photos together etc.

The agency applied for the Visa, but then my gf was told that should would have to attend an interview, she was given the option of 3 dates in Manila.

I assumed it was the Embassy, but as I said in my earlier post it may be another Government building.
    Has the online application and payment been made ?
    Has she personally submitted the paperwork to VFS ?

The key issues will be reasons to return home rather than overstay in UK plus access to sufficient funding.
    If this can be satisfied all will be well.

Not wanting to sound negative but what benefit do you envisage the agency will bring ?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Has the online application and payment been made ?
    Has she personally submitted the paperwork to VFS ?

The key issues will be reasons to return home rather than overstay in UK plus access to sufficient funding.
    If this can be satisfied all will be well.

Not wanting to sound negative but what benefit do you envisage the agency will bring ?
    Hi, the online application has been made and payment has been made she was then given 3 dates to go to Manila probably to submit the documentation rather than an interview although she was under the impression from the agency it was an interview.

The benefit of the agency is that they deal with these things much more than I do, I am really busy and don't mind paying someone to do this on my behalf that is the benefit to me, but the benefit to my GF is that they have held her hand all through the various things so far and will travel with her to Manila. She was scared to go alone and I am here in the UK so it works out well.

However if she is refused the Visa the second application I will try myself. As I am sure the nice folks on here will help me out.

thanks for your reply

SDM

The benefit of the agency is that they deal with these things much more than I do, I am really busy and don't mind paying someone to do this on my behalf that is the benefit to me, but the benefit to my GF is that they have held her hand all through the various things so far and will travel with her to Manila. She was scared to go alone and I am here in the UK so it works out well
    Some of us have found out the expensive way, that Philippine agencies can be about as useful as a chocolate teapot.
    For future reference most of the information you require is available here free of charge. If you really want to use an agency then you should use one in this country as you are dealing with British immigration law.
    Best of luck with your application

Respected Member
    I can't see why anyone would want to use a company to submit an application.

They can only supply the Embassy with documents you have given them, which you can do yourself.

And let's face it, a 3-way conversation is more than likely going to go wrong somewhere along the lines.

Thread Information