Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

New travel vignette - what is the process?

Ok we submitted the spouse settlement visa application on 16th June, today 22nd July my wife receives the decision email...

Dear Mrs Washy

Application Reference : xxxxxxxxxxx

A decision has been made on your application and your documents are being returned to the Visa Application Centre (VAC). You will be contacted again by the VAC once these documents have been received and they are ready for you to collect. If you have chosen to have your documents couriered to you, these will be despatched by the VAC once they have been received.

Please do not attend the application centre until you have been contacted by the VAC. UKVI contact details can be found at https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

UK Visas and Immigration
    British Embassy Manila
    So now she is ludicrously excited and the first question she asked is can she go UK now - making the assumption it's successful application (I hope so!) then has anyone successfully managed to travel before the date submitted on the visa application? The BRP guidance says ...

How do I travel to the UK without my
    biometric residence permit?

Successful applicants will be issued with a
    vignette in their passport which is valid for
    30 days from the date you indicated as your
    intended travel date in your visa application.
    The vignette is proof only of your permission
    to enter the UK and will allow you to travel to
    the UK. If you do not travel to the UK within
    this 30 day period, your visa will expire and
    you will need to apply for another 30 day
    visa. You will have to pay a fee for this.
    The only thing I can see through searching is a replacement BRP from the below link at £72 but she doesn't have her first BRP yet!!

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/replace

Although all she needs is a new vignette in her passport??

Or will she genuinely just have to wait until the travel window is open?? She'll be unhappy at that - but the whole process is loaded from the start when they do not tell you how long the process will be...

Any advice appreciated.

Washy!

Washy, the visa application would have asked for the planned travel date. What was that?

The temp vignette in her passport is valid for 30 days from the date stated in the application as the intended travel That vignette will be her proof of entitlement for UK entry but only within the stated 30 day period.
    If she doesn't travel to the UK within the indicated 30 day period then yes, she'll need to apply for a new 30 day visa as the original will be expired.
    Yes, as you say there's a fee for this around the cost you mentioned

Your wife will get a letter explaining everything including how she must collect her full BRP when she arrives in
    UK. This needs to be collected within 10 days of arrival and from the Post Office indicated in her letter.

Failure to collect without giving notice is pretty serious so try all you can to follow the instructions in the letter.

Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Washy, the visa application would have asked for the planned travel date. What was that?

The temp vignette in her passport is valid for 30 days from the date stated in the application as the intended travel That vignette will be her proof of entitlement for UK entry but only within the stated 30 day period.
    If she doesn't travel to the UK within the indicated 30 day period then yes, she'll need to apply for a new 30 day visa as the original will be expired.
    Yes, as you say there's a fee for this around the cost you mentioned

Your wife will get a letter explaining everything including how she must collect her full BRP when she arrives in
    UK. This needs to be collected within 10 days of arrival and from the Post Office indicated in her letter.

Failure to collect without giving notice is pretty serious so try all you can to follow the instructions in the letter.

Hope that helps
    So the travel date on the application was 20th August - which was the only reasonable thing to do given the uncertainty on application times (I'm still not sure what date they would stamp on the vignette if you put the travel date as a few days after the application date?), travelling on the 20th isn't an issue - but we have been working on ASAP time frames so if my wife can travel sooner it would be better - but I think it's not possible.

I'm in Malaysia until 1st August so she was hoping we could travel back together.

I have emailed the UKVI to find out about the 30 day vignette sticker.

I will let you know when I get an answer.

I know the cost of a replacement 30 day vignette sticker is £75.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    I have emailed the UKVI to find out about the 30 day vignette sticker.

I will let you know when I get an answer.

I know the cost of a replacement 30 day vignette sticker is £75.
    I stand to be corrected, but as I understand there is a fee for this of £122 together with a need to have to re-submit biometrics and some supporting documents.
    The replacement of the Temporary Travel Vignette must be done by making a Transfer of Conditions application (TOC) online

Transferring a visa: ECB17

I've not done it personally so can't be specific on the process.
    But since it's an online application and since it's expected that Biometrics will need to be done again I would guess that VFS would be able to assist in the detail.
    Why not contact to the VFS folks and ask? might be quicker and more helpful than UKVI

You can't contact VFS easily. No phone number or email.for cebu.

You can't contact VFS easily. No phone number or email.for cebu.
    Better to try VFS Manila. I'd guess the process would be the same.
    Alternatively try to contract UKVI or their contact centre.

Wish I could offer more. Sorry.

I worked it out.

You have to go to the visa4uk website

Start a new application.

reason for Visit: Other
    Visa Type: Others
    Visa Sub Type: Vignette Transfer

Complete the form and in the additional information explain the reasons for the request.

The new vignette will be issued with a letter. both the new vignette and the letter should be shown to the border force office at the UK airport.

Better to try VFS Manila. I'd guess the process would be the same.
    Alternatively try to contract UKVI or their contact centre.

Wish I could offer more. Sorry.
    There is no number or email for Manila either. It just directs you to UKVI.

When you start a new application on visa4uk its about getting a replacement vignette for a new passport. It doesn't state if its the same for getting a new vignette because of a change in travel dates.

I worked it out.

You have to go to the visa4uk website

Start a new application.

reason for Visit: Other
    Visa Type: Others
    Visa Sub Type: Vignette Transfer

Complete the form and in the additional information explain the reasons for the request.

The new vignette will be issued with a letter. both the new vignette and the letter should be shown to the border force office at the UK airport.
    I'm sure I read somewhere in the rules that Biometrics need to be done again also

It's a nice little project for you to keep busy and take your mind of the application

Newbie (Restricted Access) akda2331's Avatar
    I'm sure I read somewhere in the rules that Biometrics need to be done again also

It's a nice little project for you to keep busy and take your mind off the application
    Hi!!! I am having a problem with my UK visa. Unfortunately, I will not be able to travel with in the 30day-vignette. May I ask for your help on how to process and the documents that needs to be submitted again? Thank you very much and I am hoping for your kindest assistance.

ECB17.3 Replacing a 30 day short validity (travel) vignette
    30 day vignettes can also be replaced using a transfer of conditions and not as a new application for leave to enter. For information on the current fee for a Transfer of Conditions see the visa fees page on GOV.UK.

If the applicant has been granted a 30 day vignette and fails to enter the UK within the 30 day validity period, they must make an application for a replacement 30 day vignette by applying for a Transfer of Conditions.

If the applicant loses or has their passport (& vignette) stolen before they travel to the UK, they will need to replace the passport and report the loss/theft to the police before making a Transfer of Conditions application for a replacement 30 day vignette. Where it is reasonable for them to do so, the applicant should provide evidence that they have reported the loss/theft to the police. Where no evidence is available the case should be referred to an ECM.

For all replacement visas, case notes and other records must be updated to take account of the lost or stolen passport and visa.

ECB17.3 Replacing a 30 day short validity (travel) vignette
    30 day vignettes can also be replaced using a transfer of conditions and not as a new application for leave to enter. For information on the current fee for a Transfer of Conditions see the visa fees page on GOV.UK.

If the applicant has been granted a 30 day vignette and fails to enter the UK within the 30 day validity period, they must make an application for a replacement 30 day vignette by applying for a Transfer of Conditions.

If the applicant loses or has their passport (& vignette) stolen before they travel to the UK, they will need to replace the passport and report the loss/theft to the police before making a Transfer of Conditions application for a replacement 30 day vignette. Where it is reasonable for them to do so, the applicant should provide evidence that they have reported the loss/theft to the police. Where no evidence is available the case should be referred to an ECM.

For all replacement visas, case notes and other records must be updated to take account of the lost or stolen passport and visa.
    Thank you Cheekee! I am currently applying at the 'Visa4UK' site for the vignette transfer. In the additional information, will I just need to explain why I will not be able to travel within the 30-day vignette?

And also, may I ask what dates should I need to indicate at the visa details? Should it be the entry clearance dates which is one month of the visa validity which is 3 years? I am under Tier 2 General visa.

Thank you for replying!

And also, if I may ask, what are the documents that we need to present at the appointment date? Thank you so much!

Hi, I apologize for being persistent in asking, but, I really do need your guidance on how to apply for vignette transfer.

My entry clearance will expire of Sept 15 and my job order from the UK has not yet been released.
    Can you guide me through the process of vignette transfer? Thank you so much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by akda2331 View Post
    And also, if I may ask, what are the documents that we need to present at the appointment date? Thank you so much!
    I'm really sorry, I don't know the answer to that one as we didn't need to do it.

I'm really sorry, I don't know the answer to that one as we didn't need to do it.
    Ah, I see, I am sorry, I thought you have gone through this process because upon reading the thread, it seems like you have done it too before. The website from the UKVI gives unclear process as to how I can apply for extension so I am reading blogs just in case it would give some infos how to process it.

Quote Originally Posted by akda2331 View Post
    Ah, I see, I am sorry, I thought you have gone through this process because upon reading the thread, it seems like you have done it too before. The website from the UKVI gives unclear process as to how I can apply for extension so I am reading blogs just in case it would give some infos how to process it.
    When we got our visa, I was concerned that the visa wouldn't be granted in time for my travel so I found out what I thought was correct. That was 2015. Things may have changed by now.

Thread Information