Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar

Free public wi-fi to launch on July 24

The government’s much-awaited free Wi-Fi project will be launched during the annual National Science and Technology week (NSTW) on July 24 at the SMX Convention Center, according to officials from the Department of Science and Technology (DOST).

Read more:
    http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/523242/scitech/technology/dost-to-launch-free-public-wi-fi-on-july-24

---

I'm sure this will be sooooo slow...
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

The free wifi is in government buildings.
    I'm sure it will improve the productivity of the public servants

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    The government’s much-awaited free Wi-Fi project will be launched during the annual National Science and Technology week (NSTW) on July 24 at the SMX Convention Center, according to officials from the Department of Science and Technology (DOST).

Read more:
    http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/523242/scitech/technology/dost-to-launch-free-public-wi-fi-on-july-24

---

I'm sure this will be sooooo slow...
    Will it ? Article says :-

The previously announced maximum speed of 256 kbps per person has been upgraded: the DOST says that each user will have access to high-speed Wi-Fi for up to 50 MB per day. However, past the 50 MB daily limit, users will still be able to access the public Wi-Fi but at a throttled-down speed.

More from: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...-fi-on-july-24

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Will it ? Article says :-

The previously announced maximum speed of 256 kbps per person has been upgraded: the DOST says that each user will have access to high-speed Wi-Fi for up to 50 MB per day. However, past the 50 MB daily limit, users will still be able to access the public Wi-Fi but at a throttled-down speed.

More from: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...-fi-on-july-24
    I've read the article before I posted it here!

Based on my experience, it never reaches the speed limits they always announced.
    If it does, members here who are in the Philippines will never complain. Plenty of malls in Manila offer free wi-fi in their establishments and yet only once I got connected through it and it was very slow. Most often, I use my 3g connections or go to Starbucks.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Banned
    I've read the article before I posted it here!

Based on my experience, it never reaches the speed limits they always announced.
    If it does, members here who are in the Philippines will never complain. Plenty of malls in Manila offer free wi-fi in their establishments and yet only once I got connected through it and it was very slow. Most often, I use my 3g connections or go to Starbucks.
    Thanks for explaining the background and your opinion as to why you expect it to be slow. Why ? I obviously hoped you had followed SOP and read the article before posting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Thanks for explaining the background and your opinion as to why you expect it to be slow. Why ? I obviously hoped you had followed SOP and read the article before posting it.
    I don't post anything here which I haven't read first, thank you very much. If I haven't read it because it's very long and got no time, I state it in my post.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Banned
    I don't post anything here which I haven't read first, thank you very much. If I haven't read it because it's very long and got no time, I state it in my post.
    Thank you for clearing that up

Thread Information