Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: The news

The news

Here is me sitting at home and waiting for the 6 pm news,
    Whats happening in Greece is big news for me at this moment, and i like to keep up with it all too.
    BUT WHATS HAPPENED? WHERE IS GREECE? NOT ONE WORD MENTIONED.
    Has it all been sorted out now and everyone's happy? i dont think so, but it just goes to show you, Yesterdays news is what, chip paper.
    More important is Iran's news, not for me

Like you Im interested in whats happening in Greece, i still think there is much more to come on this story, i think the figures being banded around are not the real figures, and from what i read on some other sites it appears that even the up to 86 Billion is not going to be enough to bail Greece out.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other...ort/ar-AAcXBhK

I really dont know what the answer is to the Greece problem, it seems its in so much debt that the only way out is for it to leave the Euro, and write off its debts. In my humble opinion their is NO way Greece can pay off its debts, and the current solution is only throwing good money after bad. It all seems to come down to the Euro leaders of France, Italy and a few others trying to save face at what cost , and is it worth it ?, i have my doubts that this Euro is workable, whats good for Germany, the UK, France, is not nesecarily good for Greece, Cyprus, Portugal and others, to a great extent Germany and the UK economies were built on Industry and producing things, France on Farming and lesser on production, Greece, Spain, Cyprus, and Mediteranean Countries are Tourist hotspots, their economies and Climate are of a far different nature to the more Industrialised Northern European Countries, its to much to ask or indeed expect some of these Countries to be on a level playing field.

I dont know the answer to the Greece problem, but they seem to have dug themselves into a financial Black Hole where there seems to be NO way out, and the european single currency countries are being expected to finance the Greek people to live beyond their means, just so the main instigators of the single currency can save face.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Watch the reports on Iran, one will soon realise why its top news!

Iran nuclear deal much worse than experts predicted

Iran will not only continue to enrich uranium under the agreement, it will continue to develop advanced centrifuges that will reduce the timeline to an Iranian nuclear bomb. Unlike the interim agreement that set these talks in motion that barred Iran from testing advanced centrifuges with uranium (a provision that Iran violated in mid-2014), the new agreement only requires that R&D of advanced centrifuges be tested “in a manner that does not accumulate enriched uranium.” This means Iran will be allowed to do more intensive testing of advanced centrifuges than it was permitted during the nuclear talks.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/07/14/iran-nuclear-deal-much-worse-than-experts-predicted.html

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Here is me sitting at home and waiting for the 6 pm news,
    Whats happening in Greece is big news for me at this moment, and i like to keep up with it all too.
    BUT WHATS HAPPENED? WHERE IS GREECE? NOT ONE WORD MENTIONED.
    Has it all been sorted out now and everyone's happy? i dont think so, but it just goes to show you, Yesterdays news is what, chip paper.
    More important is Iran's news, not for me
    Don't worry, it is far from over. Greece will now descend into something close to civil war (the haves and have nots from EU funding). I want them to leave the Euro for the sake of their people. However the big problem is that their banks do not have enough capital to cover the needs of the Greek bank account holders. With the banks going bust and closing up shop how does the country keep operating? (Remember when the UK and US bailed out banks to much controversy - well the alternative was even worse).

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Iran nuclear deal much worse than experts predicted

Iran will not only continue to enrich uranium under the agreement, it will continue to develop advanced centrifuges that will reduce the timeline to an Iranian nuclear bomb. Unlike the interim agreement that set these talks in motion that barred Iran from testing advanced centrifuges with uranium (a provision that Iran violated in mid-2014), the new agreement only requires that R&D of advanced centrifuges be tested “in a manner that does not accumulate enriched uranium.” This means Iran will be allowed to do more intensive testing of advanced centrifuges than it was permitted during the nuclear talks.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/07/14/iran-nuclear-deal-much-worse-than-experts-predicted.html
    When it comes to Iran it is hard to find any unbiased news stories, especially from the US media.

Thread Information