Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Sat Nav

Sat Nav

Sat Navs are great they can get you to places so easy thats if you put the right post code in or place, so why is it most people you are following with a sat nav on their window are all over the road changing lanes, could it be they are too busy talking? Just my own thoughts

They do have their downfalls.

Trucker attempts U-turn after SatNav sends him towards low bridge. Ends up damaging his lorry.

Indeed Jamie they do have there downfalls, i am from the old school i can read a map and i have a good idea in which direction i am going too, plus i always check where i am going too, if you have a draw bar wagon you make sure you can get out of anywhere before you set of, just cant seem to get these things turned round as easy as other vehicles

I got one last month, it is pretty crap! my phone did a better job.

Only got one because it was pretty data usage heavy on my mobile and drained the battery a lot.

But found where my phone would give me a few options on which route to choose, the sat nav doesn't, it's either the fastest or shortest.

One example is I live near Kingston and to get to Harlene's Aunt in Croydon my phone would take me on the Kingston bypass so I didn't get stuck in the town centre traffic. However no matter what I try within the sat nav settings, it always takes me through Kingston town centre!

It only cost £50, so I guess you get what you pay for!

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    I've got a TomTom don't use it very much, had it three years and when I first bought it managed to put our address in 'Home' it worked once and since that first time it's never worked again and now I have great difficulty finding the page where you put addresses and have to type our home address in when we need to find our way home when we are somewhere unfamiliar!

Banned
    Navmii Navfree for Android is pretty good doesn't use mobile data as it relies on preinstalled maps. Don't both paying them the £0.99 for speed camera warnings - they're either on the other side of the road or according to them don't exist on vast stretches of the M25 & M1

Well you can imagine i need one more than most!I have a TomTom which is about 4 years ol and at first was great apart from paying about £60 a year for so called map updates and speed cameras along with live traffic updates. What a con-where I live they built a new estate and after 4 years since it was built still not on TomTom
    So the 4 vital updates I get every year are .......s
    So it's stuck in a bag somewhere in house and I now use the free google map sat nav on my phone.
    It's brill has traffic update, has the new estate on it, but more importantly, I don't need postcodes much.
    My best example was when I'd to find a big house in the middle of nowhere, it got me there as I pulled up outside the whitewashed stone house it even showed me a photograph of the actual house
    Plus I can say navigate to nearest filling station or something like Scottish Widows head office in Edinburgh and it does it.
    I would actually pay for this service.
    I hope they add more features to it in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    I've got a TomTom don't use it very much, had it three years and when I first bought it managed to put our address in 'Home' it worked once and since that first time it's never worked again and now I have great difficulty finding the page where you put addresses and have to type our home address in when we need to find our way home when we are somewhere unfamiliar!
    Never put your home address on your sat nav, if you are out and it gets nicked, all they have to do is go to your house and get in, simple just follow that sat nav

Not Michael's he will be ok as it can't get him home anyway

Thread Information