Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Banned

Manny Pacquiao visits Filipina woman on death row

Boxing icon and wife spend an hour with Mary Jane Veloso, sentenced to death for drug trafficking after heroin, at Yogyakarta jail in Indonesia

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...death-row.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Boxing icon and wife spend an hour with Mary Jane Veloso, sentenced to death for drug trafficking after heroin, at Yogyakarta jail in Indonesia

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...death-row.html
    Hi, Ded ... yes, I only learned about Pacquiao's visit to the condemned woman from Myrna - who keeps up to date with Philippines' news on a daily basis - at teatime last night ... after I'd posted the undernoted thread which, unfortunately, has had no replies to it so far, but is still, nonetheless accessible:

http://www.filipinaroses.com/showthr...so-Case-Status

Quite possibly the reason no~one has responded to my thread is because I made a rather scathing reference to the 'Heid Bummer' in the Phils ... when, I'm pretty sure, the Aquino Clan has many (dare I say?) deluded supporters on here who regarded his mother, the late Cory Aquino, as something of a "Saint". However, when one studies a bit of Filipino history (as I've done) such a notion would appear to fall somewhat short of the reality.

Anyway ... ... each to their own as the saying goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Hi, Ded ... yes, I only learned about Pacquiao's visit to the condemned woman from Myrna - who keeps up to date with Philippines' news on a daily basis - at teatime last night ... after I'd posted the undernoted thread which, unfortunately, has had no replies to it so far, but is still, nonetheless accessible:

http://www.filipinaroses.com/showthr...so-Case-Status

Quite possibly the reason no~one has responded to my thread is because I made a rather scathing reference to the 'Heid Bummer' in the Phils ... when, I'm pretty sure, the Aquino Clan has many (dare I say?) deluded supporters on here who regarded his mother, the late Cory Aquino, as something of a "Saint". Which, when one studies, a bit of Filipino history (as I've done) seems to be somewhat short of the reality.

Anyway ... ... each to their own as the saying goes.
    Having got that "off my chest", so to speak, Pacquiao appears to be a good, decent man, by all accounts ... and I can only earnestly hope and that his valiant efforts to appeal to the "better nature" of the Indonesian President are ultimately rewarded and that the life of this naive young woman is spared.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Having got that "off my chest", so to speak, Pacquiao appears to be a good, decent man, by all accounts ... and I can only earnestly hope and that his valiant efforts to appeal to the "better nature" of the Indonesian President are ultimately rewarded and that the life of this naive young woman is spared.

Thread Information