Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

View Poll Results: Should Britain Carry Out Air Strikes In Syria?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 73.33%
  • No

2 13.33%
  • Don't Know

2 13.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Should Britain Carry Out Air Strikes In Syria?

UK is poised to carry out these strikes against ISIL, in order to combat the constant threat of Middle East terrorism.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...my-Corbyn.html

83% AGREE so far ... do you?

YES/NO/DON'T KNOW ... ... REALLY
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 23rd November 2015 at 21:59.

Truth be told ... ... in ALL my 7 years as a member, I've never had occasion to conduct a poll and I haven't a clue how to go about doing so ...

Maybe there is an option when starting the thread in the advanced menu.

Down the bottom there is a button called start a poll. Then you select how many options and I think name the options.

A tuff on Arthur .yes bomb them but you have to think of the future too.
    What's happens after the bombing

Numerous countries have suffered at the hands of ISIS including the UK, do we sit back and allow other countries to fight our fight, or do we play our part ? its easy for me to sit here and say yes, but I do believe ISIS are on a different level to other terrorist organisations, and I believe we should play our part in reducing them to a level where they cannot continue to wage terror against everyone who is not part of ISIS. They have brought this on themselves and unfortunately there can be only one outcome, and we have to be part of helping to achieve the final outcome.
    I realise this will almost inevitably mean some of our Military personnel could well lose there lives, but in cases of defending or preventing further loss of lives, and more Terrorist attacks then this has to be done, we cant just sit back and allow others to fight our fight..

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Got to do something even though it's a few years later than it should have been done, clinical bombing would have worked a few years back, now it may have to be carpet bombing. Not good

something has to be done, every effected country should take its part,

but what concerns me is those who live in such as uk, the enemy within,

along with bombing the terrorists, obama and all responsible for creating isis should be up for war crimes

wipe them out of syria then send the refugees and migrants back home, as soon as its safe, but we know they wont send them back,

another thing that plays my mind, you see all theses young strong men fleeing syria, how come they are not staying and fighting for their country

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Truth be told ... ... in ALL my 7 years as a member, I've never had occasion to conduct a poll and I haven't a clue how to go about doing so ...
    I just made the poll for you Arthur.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

voted

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    something has to be done, every effected country should take its part,

but what concerns me is those who live in such as uk, the enemy within,

along with bombing the terrorists, obama and all responsible for creating isis should be up for war crimes

wipe them out of syria then send the refugees and migrants back home, as soon as its safe, but we know they wont send them back,

another thing that plays my mind, you see all theses young strong men fleeing syria, how come they are not staying and fighting for their country
    I agree with lots of your points, but we also need to remember that ISIS also murder lots of Muslims who have differing views to there own, so at some stage ISIS would likely have come into being without Obama, I think that's just an excuse for the existence of ISIS who really have NO part in todays World.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    Down the bottom there is a button called start a poll. Then you select how many options and I think name the options.
    Thank you, Phil ... though, I must be missing something ... as I'm still looking for that elusive 'button' you've mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    I just made the poll for you Arthur.
    Yes, I'd noticed that, Rayna. Although - as I've already said to Phil - for some unknown reason ... ... seems I am still none the wiser!

But

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    voted
    How did you vote Stewart? Where is the Poll Rayna?

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    How did you vote Stewart? Where is the Poll Rayna?
    At the top of the page.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

The Middle east countries should send in ground troops, all they ever offer to any solution is money....

Hmm ... looks as though the Prime Minister's keen to press ahead with his strategy!

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34893585

Yes I voted for the strikes too but the way I see it- its a catch 22 situation.Damned if you do and damned if you don't.Yes there will always be bloodshed and always a loss of life.As per usual they are fighting an endless battle.you chop 1 head off and 3 more appear to fill that void.These ISIS fighters are fearless and not afraid to die for their cause which makes them almost unbeatable.77 virgins are a huge incentive to them and their families good name is another that they die for.The Russians tried it way back in Afghanistan and we all remember the Iraqi war.In that part of world there will always be turmoil and unrest and there always be a war to fight in the name of Allah.Sometimes I think it would be better just to let them kill each other.It makes no sense!!

I am sure we all have different takes on it and thousands of arguments to be made.This is all about religion in one form or another.There WILL be dark days ahead that's for sure!!

I voted don't know, simply because I do not know!
    Of course if our Members of Parliament could be relied on to tell us the truth it would make understanding easier.
    Mick.

My personal thinking is that air strikes alone don't bring about a big enough change quickly.
    IS occupy and control huge swathes of land. That land represents a huge source of income.

The coalition needs to develop a strategy to take that land and squeeze the cash revenues from IS

Someone is buying oil from IS sources. Someone from NATO.
    Those providing cash to IS need to be controlled.

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    At the top of the page.
    Thanks Rayna, I've been clicking on Arthurs post, wondered why it didn't work!

Quote Originally Posted by robbie bobby View Post
    Yes I voted for the strikes too but the way I see it- its a catch 22 situation.Damned if you do and damned if you don't.Yes there will always be bloodshed and always a loss of life.As per usual they are fighting an endless battle.you chop 1 head off and 3 more appear to fill that void.These ISIS fighters are fearless and not afraid to die for their cause which makes them almost unbeatable.77 virgins are a huge incentive to them and their families good name is another that they die for.The Russians tried it way back in Afghanistan and we all remember the Iraqi war.In that part of world there will always be turmoil and unrest and there always be a war to fight in the name of Allah.Sometimes I think it would be better just to let them kill each other.It makes no sense!!

I am sure we all have different takes on it and thousands of arguments to be made.This is all about religion in one form or another.There WILL be dark days ahead that's for sure!!
    Your comments are good, agree entirely

Quote Originally Posted by Longweekend View Post
    The Middle east countries should send in ground troops, all they ever offer to any solution is money....
    Absolutely

Meanwhile, ... as the nation awaits the Government's mandate with bated breath, the 'powers that be' are likely to have little (if any) hesitation in resurrecting the "Home Guard" to banish a frail nonogenarian grandmother from the country.

http://www.filipinaroses.com/showthr...-Old-Pensioner! refers.

!

I voted Arthur!!

Well its started .just wonder how long it will go on for.
    Then what other idiots will try to take on the world

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Well its started .just wonder how long it will go on for.
    Then what other idiots will try to take on the world
    I think it will continue for a number of years, I voted yes but having said that have very mixed feelings to be truthful Steve. With reference to your second comment, yes that always happens as soon as one problem is resolved some other uprising starts elsewhere and there is never an end to conflict, makes one wonder if the Western world is really to blame!

America has been bombing the scum since 2014 and we have Russian French Jordanian and Turkish planes as well as German support craft plus one or two more countries involved, it begs the question how many planes do you need to defeat a so called army of 30,000 odd.
    Much more effort should be put into calling the Arab nations to account who support these lot and Turkey who are quite clearly financing them by buying the Oil.
    To my mind things are far more sinister that what we're being told by those in power and as a Londoner living and working in London I'm just a wee bit nervous about what is about to come our way.

Respected Member
    Yes we should. We have already been doing so, just not across one particular line in the sand into what was once Syria. They definitely need a plan for 'post ISIS' but I'm tired of hearing the vocal minority bleating on about this on the news, Facebook and elsewhere. The simple fact is the majority of the country know that we HAVE to help, we can't just sit aside. Putting a mult-step plan in place is definitely the next thing, but right now it will take time to wear these buggers down.

Question: Who is selling them weapons? OK, so Saudi nutters are helping with the funding for sure, but how are they getting bullets and guns?

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    America has been bombing the scum since 2014 and we have Russian French Jordanian and Turkish planes as well as German support craft plus one or two more countries involved, it begs the question how many planes do you need to defeat a so called army of 30,000 odd.
    Much more effort should be put into calling the Arab nations to account who support these lot and Turkey who are quite clearly financing them by buying the Oil.
    To my mind things are far more sinister that what we're being told by those in power and as a Londoner living and working in London I'm just a wee bit nervous about what is about to come our way.
    I think you'll find i has already come our way, and is all around us. The secret services are getting lots of overtime pay. Bombing these nutters will not change that IMO. Didn't someone in the know recently admit that they have stopped around 10-12 major attacks in the UK in the past 12 months?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information