Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Virus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Well...

This morning I managed to speak to a bloke that will do the jobby... my relief was immense because the guy is a yank, owns a pc repair business in Cebu and does house calls.
    And sounds cheap.... But how cheap it will be in the end, we will have to see....
    To me is better this way, rather than having some friends of friends botching the job and asking for money every ten minutes for this that or the other... You know what i mean....
    I am going to xoom a few bob over, to make sure that the funds will cover the cost of the repairs.
    Even if it comes to having to install a new HDD, it doesn't matter. I also asked the guy to back everything up on disks.
    Communication is the most important factor here.

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    Well...

To me is better this way, rather than having some friends of friends botching the job and asking for money every ten minutes for this that or the other... You know what i mean....
    I agreesounds familiar to my experience

london well away from those people up norf
    Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    Well...

This morning I managed to speak to a bloke that will do the jobby... my relief was immense because the guy is a yank, owns a pc repair business in Cebu and does house calls.
    And sounds cheap.... But how cheap it will be in the end, we will have to see....
    I am going to xoom a few bob over, to make sure that the funds will cover the cost of the repairs.
    Even if it comes to having to install a new HDD, it doesn't matter. I also asked the guy to back everything up on disks.
    Communication is the most important factor here.
    Great news always best to offer continuing business and they are less likely to try and give you a better rate and a quicker response when you really need assitance.

Maybe couple of hundred pesos every month to back up the HDD for you? Nice little earner for him great insurance for you. You can have it automated but if you have no really tech savvy family, better to pass a few quid to a guy who knows to save heart break imo.

You don't need to back up everything just have the basic windows and all the neccessary programs (skype, av, antispyware,firewall,adobe acrobat)
    So if all hell breaks out you can load this back on so its basically working asap.

Then a seperate back up of all the photos, videos, music, karoake lyrics etc as and when needed. A huge set of blank cd or dvds doesn't cost much in our terms.

Thread Information