Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Question Anybody just applied British Citizenship recently???

Anybody just applied British Citizenship recently???
    How long does the process take???
    How much does it cost???
    Thanks!!!

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by georose View Post
    Anybody just applied British Citizenship recently?
    How long does the process take?
    How muchdoes it cost?
    Thanks!!!
    Up to six months & £1005

... up to 6 months???? Woooooo too long .....

... up to 6months???? woooooo too long .....
    But, why the rush?

Hi Michael, naaa just coz we are planning to go to Philippines around April or May. It's just I'm still waiting for my ILR - then I will apply for citizenship so this emigration nightmare is over....

Hi Michael, naaa just coz we are planning to go to Philippines around April or May. It's just I'm still waiting for my ILR - then I will apply for citizenship so this emigration nightmare is over....
    You still may manage to complete your plan if you have until next May, I wouldn't worry too much at this stage Rose!

My wife applied in April for citizenship, took them 3 weeks to acknowledge receipt of the application and last Friday she received a letter requesting biometrics bearing in mind they took them in Manila for the fiancé visa, again in West London for FLR and then once more for ILR so this has been the fourth time now. Seems to me like a complete waste of time and money as how many times do they need to have this on record

My wife just posted her British Citizenship application about 3 to 4 weeks ago. We got a letter a week ago requesting she go to a Post Office to get her biometrics re-done..........

Respected Member
    We need to get around to this now. Rose has a Schengen and US visas so uses them for travel at the moment. Do we need to send off Rose's passport and/or BRP during the application process? Rose travels abroad every few weeks so this could be a challenge for us, especially if it is a several-month black hole?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post
    We need to get around to this now. Rose has a Schengen and US visas so uses them for travel at the moment. Do we need to send off Rose's passport and/or BRP during the application process? Rose travels abroad every few weeks so this could be a challenge for us, especially if it is a several-month black hole?

Thanks.
    Trefor ... I recall just how IMPORTANT it is for Rose to have her passport to hand - at all times - given the fact that her actual job frequently entails travelling abroad. Therefore, I would suggest she avails herself of the National Checking Service (NCS) when applying for British Citizenship. Now as far as I'm aware, most of 's LARGER Local Authorities are likely to operate such a facility - the City of Leicester (closest to where you live) almost certainly being one of those - where, for a fee of around £70, qualified staff will carefully check Rose's application along with her passport and all relevant supporting documents, photocopy the lot while you wait ... *return the passport & BRP *to her immediately thereafter ... forwarding everything else to the UKVI on her behalf.

Thoroughly recommended, and way, you can relax - secure in the knowledge that the whole procedure has been handled correctly!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Trefor ... I recall just how IMPORTANT it is for Rose to have her passport to hand - at all times - given the fact that her actual job frequently entails travelling abroad. Therefore, I would suggest she avails herself of the National Checking Service (NCS) when applying for British Citizenship. Now as far as I'm aware, most of 's LARGER Local Authorities are likely to operate such a facility - the City of Leicester (closest to where you live) almost certainly being one of those - where, for a fee of around £70, qualified staff will carefully check Rose's application along with her passport and all relevant supporting documents, photocopy the lot while you wait ... *return the passport & BRP *to her immediately thereafter ... forwarding everything else to the UKVI on her behalf.

Thoroughly recommended, and way, you can relax - secure in the knowledge that the whole procedure has been handled correctly!
    Thank you for this Arthur, if there is no premium option we will probably do this.

my wife wants to apply for citizenship now shees been here for 3 years,is the no local council checking service in Northern Ireland,i certainly cant find it if there is?

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by briancol View Post
    my wife wants to apply for citizenship now shees been here for 3 years,is the no local council checking service in Northern Ireland,i certainly cant find it if there is?
    There's no NCS in Ireland, unfortunately. You just have to find the nearest one possible for you.

https://www.gov.uk/government/collec...ecking-service
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

yea we are behind the times over here.

Respected Member
    Thanks to Arthur's tip we used the checking service today at a local Registry Office. All done and sent off. Now we just have to wait...and we're off to Barcelona on Sunday (combined work/leisure for the week) so its good Rose still has her passport (I have 2 anyway, so they could have kept one if they wanted).

For those above in this thread, have you heard back yet?

My wife received her letter nearly 2 weeks ago confirming acceptance for citizenship, we applied in April so they certainly took their time considering that they already have the checks made on her application for ILR. Easy process though we didnt use any of the checking services for FLR,ILR and citizenship.

Maritess applied first week in June and received an email of acceptance about 3 days later, a couple of weeks after that she received a letter telling her to do a BRP within 15 days and this was done three days later. Not heard anything more as yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Maritess applied first week in June and received an email of acceptance about 3 days later, a couple of weeks after that she received a letter telling her to do a BRP within 15 days and this was done three days later. Not heard anything more as yet!
    I think it's time to enquire Michael.
    That seems just a bit too long based on the outcomes of others.
    UKVI are nowhere near the fit-for-purpose organisation you might imagine them to be.

As always it's a personal choice.
    Would be nice for her to attend the ceremony before Christmas though.

The lady at the registrars office did tell us that it could be six months before we hear anything which brings us two weeks before Christmas, don't fancy pestering anyone in case they are busy and become annoyed that I disturbed them!

My understanding was that u could not chase them until 6 months had passed as the process could take that long.

Respected Member
    Update: Rose received her citizenship approval/confirmation/ceremony invitation letter yesterday It was dated 24th December. So just over 2.5 months processing, much better than the 6 months we expected!

Ceremony to be booked this week for asap, then onto the passport (Oh, and the renewal of the Filipino citizenship ...).

Update: Rose received her citizenship approval/confirmation/ceremony invitation letter yesterday It was dated 24th December. So just over 2.5 months processing, much better than the 6 months we expected!

Ceremony to be booked this week for asap, then onto the passport (Oh, and the renewal of the Filipino citizenship ...).
    Be aware her Naturalisation Certificate and Filipno passport must bear the very same names before application for British Passport.
    Technically if her Filipino passport needs a name change it should be done prior to naturalisation.

Respected Member
    Thanks for the heads-up Terpe. Passport name was changed to married a while ago so we're in the clear.

Thanks for the heads-up Terpe. Passport name was changed to married a while ago so we're in the clear.
    Good stuff and good luck for the future

Brilliant News!!
    We also received a letter from Home Office for my daughter's application dated 24 December for Biometric Enrollment , just about a month since we submitted our application.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

... GREAT news, Trefor! Wonder whether using the NCS did,
    in fact, expedite the process? Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS to you BOTH on a job well done.

Likewise, each of these ^ ought to be plain sailing ... since I NOTE from #23, that you've already addressed the issues Terpe raised in his immediately preceding post.

Meanwhile ... enjoy the naturalisation ceremony.

Respected Member
    Thank you Arthur.

The lady dealing with all the paperwork at the NCS office we used explained the system was very busy right now and to not expect this to be processed much before the 6 month 'window' they tell us about. Maybe Rose's super-clear forms and uncomplicated situation helped too.

Respected Member
    Thank you Arthur.

The lady dealing with all the paperwork at the NCS office we used explained the system was very busy right now and to not expect this to be processed much before the 6 month 'window' they tell us about. Maybe Rose's super-clear forms and uncomplicated situation helped too.

Thread Information