Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Sammy, My Best Friend

I have to tell you i lost my best friend yesterday, he had been going downhill for a few weeks and though i had taken him to the PDSA on three occasions, they seemed to be slow picking up that he was seriously ill, they put him on some antibiotics which seemed to pick him up a little, then when those had finished last Wednesday he went backwards again, i took him back to the PDSA on Friday and they gave him some stronger antibiotics and booked him back for this Wednesday, on Saturday he was no better, that was when i took the pic of him, I knew in my heart the time was getting close, on Sunday morning i took him for his morning walk, which had gradually been getting shorter and shorter over the past couple of weeks, when we came back home he didnt want to eat, I knew then i had to make the dreaded call to the PDSA, I couldnt watch him suffer in silence any longer.
    For those of us that have had to make that call its one of the hardest things that we have to have to decide, Sammy had been with me through some tough times in my life during my Divorce which is never easy, he was at my side wherever i went, he was my shadow, my mate, my best friend, wherever i was he was there, I dont have any family so for me the loss is all the harder, He was to me was my family ..Sammy i miss you mate

He never once complained or cried out whatever his illness was that brought his life to a premature end, he was only 8, but i know Greyhounds tend not to live to a great age, i did think we would have another couple of years together, but it was not to be. Sammy RIP my soft hearted best friend.

I hope you dont mind me sharing my grief with you, as i write this the Tears wont stop.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very sorry to hear that Harry. My Rhodesian Ridgeback died in the PDSA overnight in Quinton in 2003 after a short illness. He went so quick and it broke my heart too. Dogs certainly are a man's best friend.

Trusted Member
    Aww, that's so sad to hear Harry. Sincere condolences mate.

Greyhounds and Whippets just have to be among the most sweet-natured breeds of dogs around. RIP to your friend.

This brought tears to my eyes thinking of my lovely little Border Collie bitch who spent her whole life with me. We had such a close bond. Never forgotten.

So sorry about that Harry.
    Like others, I too have experienced that loss.
    Vowed I'd never have another and so far I haven't

RIP Sammy

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    I hope you dont mind me sharing my grief with you ...
    ... not in the least! - it's a perfectly natural reaction on the sad loss of a much~loved pet - and I can genuinely feel for you.

RIP, Sammy.

I have had pet dogs all my life, and losing them is very painful.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Mick.

Banned
    Sorry to hear that H

I'm so sorry.

I know how it feels.

Take care.

Thread Information