Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well good on him. I'd take it ☺

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    I'll agree with that Les, during my working life there was a couple of times I took a pay reduction to help the companies survive and I was happy with that because I'd rather have a job with less money than no job at all. I've never had any sympathy for those that go on strike for more money. If it was my business I would shut down first if the company couldn't survive!
    If you don't stand up for your rights you'll get trampled on. Nice guys finish last in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    some people are just so jealous
    That old chestnut. Again.

I think you'll find Les, that some of us on here are quite happy for nurses/firemen etc to receive pay rises as they save lives not ruin them like politicians do.

Cameron has u-turned and will now accept it.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Like Harry said earlier, a PM needs to set an example unlike what donkey Cameron does and those of his ilk.

Take a bow, Jose Mujica, former president of Uruguay. We need more politicians like him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-31679475

Banned
    The Prime Minister used a Cabinet meeting this week to tell ministers not to publicly say that they would donate their 10 per cent salary rise to charity.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...o-charity.html

I'm saying nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    I'm saying nothing.
    You just did!

I really cannot believe how some of you are defending the indefensible, it strikes me that there is an attitude of I'm alright jack coming through here. These MPs applied for a job around a month ago, conveniently a so called independent body recommend a 10% rise within a month of the election this body cannot be made up of the same people who go to my shops, get my utility bills or see what ordinary workers have to put up with, the Mps knew the job description so they can't be compared with Industrial leaders, what do they produce except for bullshit and spin? , as for pensions NO one on here will get a pension anywhere near an MPs pension, so don't try to defend that also, les NO im not jealous im angry and pissed of being taken for a fool, by these so called leaders of the country, haha they need summonsing under the trade descriptions act.

The independent body is totally independent, and the rise was decided on months ago. They are just talking about its implementation now.

The pension they get has also been reduced in value so it is in line with the public sector, hence the reason they have to pay more into themselves.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    I really cannot believe how some of you are defending the indefensible, it strikes me that there is an attitude of I'm alright jack coming through here. These MPs applied for a job around a month ago, conveniently a so called independent body recommend a 10% rise within a month of the election this body cannot be made up of the same people who go to my shops, get my utility bills or see what ordinary workers have to put up with, the Mps knew the job description so they can't be compared with Industrial leaders, what do they produce except for bullshit and spin? , as for pensions NO one on here will get a pension anywhere near an MPs pension, so don't try to defend that also, les NO im not jealous im angry and pissed of being taken for a fool, by these so called leaders of the country, haha they need summonsing under the trade descriptions act.
    Harry, I'm grateful for the state pension also no one is defending MP's but just look what money footballers and F1 drivers etc. get as a salary compared to MP's that have a large amount of responsibility to the whole nation and have an impossible task of pleasing everyone all the time, and for that they get paid peanuts!

Ok Harry let's not have a government and see what happens then
    They are no where near paid as much as high flyers,footballers,one direction etc etc.
    It's a very important job and I'd rather have someone who has had a good education dealing with the country's woes than a bunch off the Jeremy kyle show.
    I'm not sad for them but as politicians they are toward the lower end of the pay scale as far as comparable countries pay their MPs
    I guess you are totally against MPs in general Harry, maybe you should apply

In comparison to those people running local councils, MP's are about £50,000 worse off.

Puts iit in perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    Ok Harry let's not have a government and see what happens then
    They are no where near paid as much as high flyers,footballers,one direction etc etc.
    It's a very important job and I'd rather have someone who has had a good education dealing with the country's woes than a bunch off the Jeremy kyle show.
    I'm not sad for them but as politicians they are toward the lower end of the pay scale as far as comparable countries pay their MPs
    I guess you are totally against MPs in general Harry,maybe you should apply
    An individual who has been to the University of Life is far more qualified to understand the needs of the nation than some ponce taught at Eton.

Maybe but that's the system and I have no problems with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information