Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

The Philippine Call Center Industry - Call Center Jobs

It is not that long ago when call center jobs in the Philippines revolved around offering support for email services. These days the subject matter can be anything; customer relations, financial services, education, customer care, travel services, and other business-to-customer services. The call center industry is now the fastest growing in the whole of the Philippines. There are now thousands of employment opportunities for people who wish to work in this industry.

Unlike the old days when it would be a drag to work in these places, these days they are well managed, and pay can also be good, with a number of ways of moving up the career ladder. Many US and EU companies now outsource to the Philippines, as it helps them reduce costs, and they also get the bonus of employing people who speak English very well. For years, outsourcing often went to countries like India, but many people in the west complained that they had trouble understanding what the person in the call center was saying. Thankfully, the Philippines gets rid of that problem.

For those looking to work in the industry, the first port of call is usually the call center's recruiting office rather than using an agency, which will charge for the pleasure of using them. It is also easy to move from one call center to another, all that is required is an employee referral. Although OFW’s still make up the biggest sector, call centers now offer a choice to stay in the country.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Trusted Member
    A godsent for the Phils, and hopefully yes, will save 1,000s from selling themselves into slavery away from loved ones, in various toilet countries.

Western Union and Paypal are two of many big companies that operate call centres in the Philippines.

WU tho are still crap

If i have a problem with my broadband provider i call them over the weekend and i always talk to someone in the Phils,

Trusted Member
    When I was with Virgin Media their call centre was in Manila.

I often speak to someone in the phils when calling talktalk.

Pinoy call centres always make me afraid,several years ago i was phoned by one,the caller was gay,all i asked him was where in pinas was he based etc,he phoned me several times asking me how i am,hows life,just for a chat about life in general

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Pinoy call centres always make me afraid, several years ago i was phoned by one,the caller was gay, all i asked him was where in pinas was he based etc, he phoned me several times asking me how i am, hows life, just for a chat about life in general
    ... WHY afraid? Gay people in this "age of enlightment" tend to be employed in virtually ALL walks of life - everywhere - irrespective of whether or not they profess to being "openly" gay. Call Centres aren't an exception in that sense.

How can you be sure, the guy you spoke to was "gay" ... ... on the basis of a few calls? Did his mannerisms sound effeminate in any way?

Maybe he simply kept calling you back in response to your friendly chat about his country.

I am 100% sure he is/was gay,i have met enough bayots in pinas,listened to their speech to know 110% he was gay as for this age of enlightenment,i am enlightened enough to know he was gay

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    I am 100% sure he is/was gay,i have met enough bayots in pinas,listened to their speech to know 110% he was gay as for this age of enlightenment,i am enlightened enough to know he was gay
    LoL...
    I can see some technical help with your conversion coming on!!!

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    I'm sorry but my experience (even though indirect) is that the both the pay and the working conditions are not what would be expected in the UK. Firstly, is mandatory working on your day off permissible with the threat of dismissal if you don't turn up after a late night phone to get back for the so-called "graveyard shift"? Secondly, is earning the equivalent of £130 a month acceptable for working 60 hours a week? Oh and I forgot that the rate is before deductions!!! Sorry. But this is to my mind very close to slave labour. We in the UK fought hard for workers' rights. Whilst multinationals are not expected to act like charities, nevertheless a decent wage for a decent day's work should be the mantra of every single one of them. They should be made accountable for their commercial practices. Human rights should go hand in hand with profit margins.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

RE: The Philippine Call Center Industry - Call Center Jobs

I will start off by apologizing if this isn't the right location for this post. I tried to search for similar topics, but couldn't find anything for my specific questions and then I found this. Why whenever I'm calling support team it's always came from India. I wanted to talk to Filipinos.

"I'm sorry but my experience (even though indirect) is that the both the pay and the working conditions are not what would be expected in the UK."
    This very old Forum topic concerns call center jobs in the Philippines and NOT the UK.
    Working conditions and pay between the 2 countries bare no significance.
    Forget EU human rights..Any complaints,send them to Du30.
    Let us know what he has to say!

Trusted Member
    Yep...ignorance is bliss Fred

Got to love these armchair know-it-alls.

Thread Information